Sign in to follow this  
roie16

Carrera 1887 Date Chrono PVD/LE Black A-7750 From trusty-watch(Andrew) Pics Heavy

roie16

Hello,

This is my first post & first review on the forum,

I bought the Carrera 1887 from Andrew at TT, as this is my first order from Andrew(and second order Total) I had very little experience regarding what I should be looking in this rep other than what I have read on this forum,

The communication with Andrew was very clear every question I had been answered, after I found something in the QC pictures (at the beginning I thought It was a scratch) I send the image back to Andrew and he fixed the issue within half a day,

The shipment was a FEDEX one so there is no need to elaborate on that.

As for the watch,

I couldn't be more pleased I am new to the rep business so naturally I can't really tell the tiny differences between gen and a rep but the watch look amazing for my taste, a good investment.

The only thing that I find cheap is the strap leather (the smell is bad) and the quality is OK at best.

But since you have some great leather straps dealer over here that can be fixed.

And now here are some Pic's:

P1030529.jpg

P1030527.jpg

P1030528.jpg

P1030534.jpg

P1030541.jpg

And now Some Glamor shots( this is a real Cohiba and a Blue Lable Jhonny):

P1030538.jpg

P1030537.jpg

So, first review sorry if the images are not that good, but I don't really have a good camera.

Edited by roie16

GenTLe

Pics are gone missing :D

PS: remember with A7750 to avoid:

1) change the day/date between 9PM - 3AM. If you need to do that, move the time forward to 6 AM, set the day/date and then again move the time further to the correct time (avoid to move the time backward, especially in the same time period already written)

2) if you need to handwind it, do slowly and carefully! The gears are fragile (also in the gen Valjoux 7750), especially considering they aren't proper oiled...

roie16

thaks alot GenTLE :D will do , any other tips?

JSJ

Great first post mate, thanks. Great watch too.

Fundamentally, a big tip is not to play with the chronograph at all. Only press pusher@4 when the chronograph is not running. Best to reset only when the chronograph second hand is between 10 and 2. If you don't, the resetting momentum can make the hand move on the pinion so it isn't at zero. It's not a major issue to fix but it is a pain.

GenTLe

Very nice watch Roie! Really really nice.

Follow what JSJ said (I mean: it's not "prohibited" to use the chrono, but until you do a proper service to the movement, don't play with it everyday...).

Now you need one of these to match the watch with those cohiba:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=88000

roie16

Very nice watch Roie! Really really nice.

Follow what JSJ said (I mean: it's not "prohibited" to use the chrono, but until you do a proper service to the movement, don't play with it everyday...).

Now you need one of these to match the watch with those cohiba:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=88000

GnTLe that is fu**** awesome!! I do need that lighter, thanks for reminding me… :drool: :drool: :drool:

u4kuna

Nice Tag nice case

bosko

Lovely watch. Enjoy!

tim38

hi great review and pics, im very interested in this watch, is the lume any good? thanks

agonzaca

beautifull watch! That´s on my wish list for sure

roie16

Hi,

Sorry for the really long delay, there is no lume, it doesn't exist even in the slightest

Also after almost a year I can say that there are little defects that are visible in the photos but took me some time to find them,

Look next to the 40 mite mark (edge of dial) there are glue signs on the dial.

Also look at the hours dial hand you can see it wasn't polish all the way and there is like white marks at the edge,

All in all thought for my first rep I am pleased. Time accuracy is very good! And chronograph is working with no problems.