Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

Helson Sharkmaster, Omega Homage

houndoggie

;):rofl:

Just got it today. I'll add more words later, but I'll let the pictures do the talking for now.

http://www.helson-watches.com/sharkmaster/

My pictures:

IMG_9204.jpg

IMG_9207.jpg

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9211.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9220.jpg

IMG_9223.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9235.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9243.jpg

P1020423.jpg

P1020424.jpg

Here are a couple reference pictures of the original Seamaster 1000m (pics not mine, from the net, various sources)

cba27434.jpg

8a748a11.jpg

4cca7c67.jpg

Overall:

Presentation was nice. It came in a zipper case about the size textbook, in leatherette with Helson embossed on it. Inside was the watch, the mesh strap with extension piece, a springbar/pusher tool, and a nice high quality black isofrane style rubber strap.

Fit and Finish: Excellent (except the mesh claps, which feels a little cheap, but its okay). The watch is a serious block of metal, built like a tank. Bezel is firm and turns nicely, centering on 12 perfectly. The crown screws in and out smoothly. The crystal is flat sapphire with AR and makes the dial look great. You could have ordered a black dial and non destro if you chose, but I went with the blue destro. Also, the datewheel is silver, not white (another option, no cost). The dial is printed nicely, and the silver datewheel looks good, though it is subtle.

The bezel is lumed and the lume overall is very good. The watch feels very good on the wrist- the ridges on the back are not sharp and help secure the watch head in place.

More later..

dingle

oooooooooooo.....I like it HD ;)

Baldrick

Very nice. looks like great build quality, I'm not usually an homage fan, but this does look good as a 'tool / daily beater' ;)

KBH

WOW! Looks great. Luv the lume shot.

meinessex

Sweet watch, and great pics too, thanks for posting Doggie. Its good to see one in the wild at last.

I was on the fence about getting one of these, as I am not usually a great fan of homages, in the end I chose to save my pennies and chase my dream of owning a gen.

by the way... there seems to be a new source of NOS gen Omega Grands somewhere in Switzerland or Germany, as there have been many NOS examples turing up on ebay recently, its just a shame that they seem to be going for silly money at the moment.