Sign in to follow this  
The Guy

Has anyone received their watch back from Kevin (1littlegreen)?

The Guy

It is going on 4 months and, despite hearing from him 2 weeks ago with more promises to ship my watch back, I have received nothing. Has anyone gotten their stuff back since he was banned? He was/is always so nice and easy to deal with. I can't believe he'd actually scam me or anyone else, but the evidence is starting to pile up.

profsteve

It is going on 4 months and, despite hearing from him 2 weeks ago with more promises to ship my watch back, I have received nothing. Has anyone gotten their stuff back since he was banned? He was/is always so nice and easy to deal with. I can't believe he'd actually scam me or anyone else, but the evidence is starting to pile up.

Same problem here. Someone said he is doing business on another forum under the same user name but I cannot locate it. If I can locate it I would certainly ask him on those other forums what is up with stealing our reps.

I have given him every opportunity to make it right and he has not done so.

nunu78

Same problem here. Someone said he is doing business on another forum under the same user name but I cannot locate it. If I can locate it I would certainly ask him on those other forums what is up with stealing our reps.

I have given him every opportunity to make it right and he has not done so.

He was quite straight forward to me but what happened is sad but true unfortunately.

Edited by nunu78

The Guy

You know what, at this point, I really don't care. I don't even want my watch back, though I would like my brand new gen 7753 sent back at least. All I really want is for him to come clean and tell me WTF is going on. If someone broke in and stole his box of projects, or he lost it in his move, or sold it all to buy meth, I don't care. I just want him to tell me the truth. Instead, when he does bother to respond to me about once a month, he pretends like everything is totally cool, makes more excuses, apologizes, and promises to ship the next day. If I have to write this off as a loss and chalk it up to experience, fine, but I wish he'd tell me so.

Edited by The Guy

Simms
You know what, at this point, I really don't care. I don't even want my watch back, though I would like my brand new gen 7753 sent back at least. All I really want is for him to come clean and tell me WTF is going on. If someone broke in and stole his box of projects, or he lost it in his move, or sold it all to buy meth, I don't care. I just want him to tell me the truth. Instead, when he does bother to respond to me about once a month, he pretends like everything is totally cool, makes more excuses, apologizes, and promises to ship the next day. If I have to write this off as a loss and chalk it up to experience, fine, but I wish he'd tell me so.

When I first joined, I was so affraid of being scammed by the dealers halfway across the world that I've never met who barely spoke our language. Instead, here's another example of someone getting scammed by a former board member that was considered trustworthy.

Sorry to hear about your problems guys, it really sucks that you can't trust anyone. Good luck, I hope it all works out in the end.

Paparolf

Although annoying, some people are just like that with absolutely no conscience, If he was going to resolve it he would have done by now. All you can do is move on and get on with being the decent folk that you are.

nyckid

The same week Kevin was banned, I had just sent him my FC AP Diver for a keyless issue and to be waterproofed. He returned it to me in less than 2 weeks. Keep in mind though, that we both live in Arizona.

He was very quick to reply to my emails. After that, I tried to get a hold of him as a favor to another member here but he never got back to me.

Sad, this is the reason he got banned in the first place. He's very bad on the communication department :(

Good luck OP, keep sending him emails

BadPickle

Sadly this seems to be an all to common affair for the wannabee tinkerers, I'd think hard before sending watches off to any of the tinkerers who ply their wares here but are not on the trusted dealers list. When it goes to shit, as is regularly the case, there's little or nothing the mods will do to recover your possesions.

Remember!

RWG school-- day1 lesson1-- stick to the trusted dealers list, they are trusted for a reason!

OP, I have sent you a PM.

HWG

Sadly this seems to be an all to common affair for the wannabee tinkerers, I'd think hard before sending watches off to any of the tinkerers who ply their wares here but are not on the trusted dealers list. When it goes to shit, as is regularly the case, there's little or nothing the mods will do to recover your possesions.

Remember!

RWG school-- day1 lesson1-- stick to the trusted dealers list, they are trusted for a reason!

This.

The Guy

FWIW, I think I found him on Facebook, too. Though if he's not responding to personal emails, I doubt he'll respond to FB PMs.

nyckid

Remember!

This.

With all due respect, I rather send my watches to someone like Domi or some of the guys I know here and have been talking for a while. I tried to get a hold of 2 trusted watch smiths here, and they were rather arrogant. Thanks but no thanks. My watches, my money, and I have to beg you? Fuck off!!!!

My ¢.2

dingle

Remember!

This.

With all due respect, I rather send my watches to someone like Domi or some of the guys I know here and have been talking for a while. I tried to get a hold of 2 trusted watch smiths here, and they were rather arrogant. Thanks but no thanks. My watches, my money, and I have to beg you? Fuck off!!!!

My ¢.2

And when they scam you out of your 2 cents, then you have no cents to post with.

The Guy

Maybe I underestimate the power of moderators here, but it seems to me that if a TD or Trusted-Anyone decides to go off of the reservation, there isn't much they can do. Please correct me if I am wrong. They can contact the guy, work with him, and provide ultimatums (all of which were done with Kevin before they banned him). Is there something else I don't know of regarding their power to provide remediation to those who get scammed?

Martijn0007

Go to his house and :patty:

Violence is the answer to everything.

HWG

Mods are not miracle workers, and many more times than not, we can gain resolution for you, especially with TDs. in your case, you chose a non-TD, and mods still tried to help, be thankful for the effort they have made on your behalf instead of question what help they can provide. :facepalm:

RichardMiami

Maybe I underestimate the power of moderators here, but it seems to me that if a TD or Trusted-Anyone decides to go off of the reservation, there isn't much they can do. Please correct me if I am wrong. They can contact the guy, work with him, and provide ultimatums (all of which were done with Kevin before they banned him). Is there something else I don't know of regarding their power to provide remediation to those who get scammed?

You are generally wrong. We never discuss how we try to resolve disputes, and we don't bat 100% either, but we have lots of options, especially with someone who is a TD.

Most of the options are 100% pure common sense actually.

Ultimatums? no.. that seldom works.... but there are many ways to work these things through.

We do our best.

The Guy

Mods are not miracle workers, and many more times than not, we can gain resolution for you, especially with TDs. in your case, you chose a non-TD, and mods still tried to help, be thankful for the effort they have made on your behalf instead of question what help they can provide. :facepalm:

First of all, I wasn't questioning it. Second of all, they were not acting on my behalf. I never lodged a complaint. He was banned before I knew others were having the same issue. That said, I appreciate RWG's efforts and understand their decision on the matter.

The Guy

Anyway, the point of this post was not to blame RWG or disparage mods. Please don't think I'm not grateful or that I don't know this was my fault. I knew there were others like me who had watches with him, and all I wanted to know was whether or not others in my position had received their watches back. I was hoping to get some good news and believe Kevin was just slow and irresponsible, but not a scammer.

Edited by The Guy

BC1221

violence is never the answer.

it sure does make you feel better though.

Viquito

But... But 'murica

visitor

What if the question is "what is never the answer?" :P

Cheesemonger

I am in the same boat with still not having mine back from him either (plus payment completion on another where I tried to do something nice; My fault on that aspect and another to write off it looks like). I have been trying to get ahold of him, but I think he has finally ceased emailing me back. Too bad as I think he got in over his head, but I have been patient enough. I have not had this negative aspect of the hobby happen to me yet, but first time for everything I guess.

He was one of the only ones that would work on a 7750 chrono in conus. Rex and Speedy used to, but I think Rex checked out and Speedy is just too busy to take more work.

The Guy

I am in the same boat with still not having mine back from him either (plus payment completion on another where I tried to do something nice; My fault on that aspect and another to write off it looks like). I have been trying to get ahold of him, but I think he has finally ceased emailing me back. Too bad as I think he got in over his head, but I have been patient enough. I have not had this negative aspect of the hobby happen to me yet, but first time for everything I guess.

He was one of the only ones that would work on a 7750 chrono in conus. Rex and Speedy used to, but I think Rex checked out and Speedy is just too busy to take more work.

That was why I went with him. I had a 7750 crap out on me. Local watchsmith wanted $400 to service it. For that price, I got a gen 7753 and Kev agreed to swap for $50. Hell, he said he'd do it for free if he could keep the busted clone movement. That was in July. People have been quick to chastise me for using a non-TW, but like you said, there are only a couple of CONUS options for 7750 repairs, and we need them more than they need us. Kevin came highly recommended from several members and had a long established history on this forum. I would love to know what went wrong in his world about September-ish, but he's not saying.

Lesson learned, I suppose.

Cannibal

I got my Cousteau Chrono back from him and the next day he was banned. I thought it had something to do with my post thanking him for the great work. He did the swap relatively quickly and communication was good until he moved, then no contact for two weeks, then spotty contact for two weeks then he said it was done and mailed it.

Kevin and I emailed back and forth a few times soon thereafter, as I wanted him to do a couple of movement swaps for me, which he said he was happy to do. Then no communication at all. Too bad as my experience with him was pretty decent. That said, a semi-friend in Montreal who said he could do the two movement swaps in question, has not (I was going to get Kev to do the work this other guy hasn't)... but this other guy has had my two watches and various parts for the work for six months now, with vague, rare email responses. When I asked a mutual friend and Montreal police officer to ask him to send me my watches back, I got a tersely worded email saying he'd return everything soon and then we're no longer friends. That was two months ago. :(

P4GTR

TD's generate income from the forums. Taking TD status away from them is like firing them, usually occurs across all of the forums at once, essentially isolating them from their customers. The system works because TD's need the forums more than the forums need the TD's.

...Why watchmakers almost always wind up being the ones to go crazy is beyond me. Although... have you tried working on a watch movement lately? :suicide: