Sign in to follow this  
Lagger

Rolex Heritage HS01 2836 movement mini review

Lagger

Just go this in today from Toro, not listed on his website but he found me a nice one out.

This is my 3rd Rolex rep, I've had a yacht master (BP) from Josh and a Exp2 from MR (NOOB).

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

It is a beautiful looking Rolex and it sits nice on the wrist, a bit smaller than I usually wear but you almost forget its there, the general overall build is good but with one or 2 slight issues, firstly the clasp its as rough as arseholes to open and shut, much like the Yacht master one my wife now has and no where near as smooth as the NOOB clasp.

HOWEVER the Cornet part of the NOOB did not fit very true and had to be adjusted to stop it 'gaping' down when being worn, this when closed is straight and feels tight and secure, so no real biggy but worth mentioning.

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Next up is the 2836 movement, much like any 21j I've ever had it is spongy on setting the time, and does not run as smooth as any of my 2824 movements I had despite it's claims, it's not terrible but you can notice the difference.

IMG_0279.jpg

The red triangle on the bezel looks a bit shabby, the quality of the finish of the enamel used is rough and slightly overspills the triangle shape, hard to capture on the photos and again not terrible but worth a mention

IMG_0283.jpg

Lastly the lume, its shite needs ages to charge up, even under my eagletac torch, and glows dimly and looks gritty, the yacht master for comparison was even and could light the room, it is like Blue lume which is always garbage but it is green!

the photo makes it look better than it is,

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

I would recommend this watch with the cheaper movement as there is no date to set, or if you can push it the 'swiss' version this mid range movement is not worth the extra TBH,

All in all a very nice addition to my collection and I hope this helps somebody decide on whether or not to pull the trigger on one, I know my photos suck but I know less about photography than I do about watches!

Christof

Nice review mate, and great pics!! But your rite lume is shite.

SSTEEL

2836 movement is not 21J, so unfair to compare it to a 21J, are you actually sure what movement is in there?

Lagger
2836 movement is not 21J, so unfair to compare it to a 21J, are you actually sure what movement is in there?

Not exactly sure but it was sold to me as the 2836 not the cheaper 21j

Daywatch

Interesting heritage and informative review, checking out important details. It´s good to know You have to relume this if You buy it. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the watch, overall I like that design quite a lot.

Lagger

Jason6168

I love this design a lot. Was hopping td will bring in a better version of it . I think it will be a blast

Lagger

I may sound harsh in the review but this watch is nice and I will have no issue wearing it, I just think BP factory doesn't have the Polish of a noob rep, in regards to the lume it has aged effect so I don't know if the gen is the same, even if it is it is still disappointing and a relume should be factored in

Stuvetjee

I may sound harsh in the review but this watch is nice and I will have no issue wearing it, I just think BP factory doesn't have the Polish of a noob rep, in regards to the lume it has aged effect so I don't know if the gen is the same, even if it is it is still disappointing and a relume should be factored in

Well, if you ever want to get rid of it please PM me first :D

I like this piece so much!

Lagger

I think my comparison of the 2836 to the 21j is that I now know the winding feature has packed up, keless issue of something, this is my first 2836 that I'm aware of all my 2824 have been great, this is going on the slow boat back to China for a fix..............

BC1221

I love this design a lot. Was hopping td will bring in a better version of it . I think it will be a blast

PBDad makes a special run of these.

looks a million times better than this.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/173577-pbdad-project-x-heritage-submariner-just-in/

of course, i think it costs 3x as much and limited to 1000.

base watch is a noob 114060 and he does everything else.

amazing.

20141007_202715.jpg

i dont even really like the new subs but id consider buying this.

Lagger

Well it turns out that my watch has a gen eta! Sent it to rollie for a service and he confirmed this....albeit a very dirty one with a couple of Asian parts

Stuvetjee

Well it turns out that my watch has a gen eta! Sent it to rollie for a service and he confirmed this....albeit a very dirty one with a couple of Asian parts

Awesome! :) Still have to buy one haha :P

HTD

Very very nice! Hit me up if Stuv doesn't react in 2 seconds ;)

Lagger

Haha, now fully serviced and running like a dream.......but informed it needs a new crown/stem but a dream when done :-(

HTD

Haha, now fully serviced and running like a dream.......but informed it needs a new crown/stem but a dream when done :-(

A big crown will definitely be the icing on the cake. Share a pic with me if it's up. And ofcourse when you want to get rid of

It;) enjoy!

nashe_chung

Been looking to pull the trigger on one of these for ages. Just waiting for Chinese new year to finish and it's mine. Hopefully it's a good purchase. But thanx for the review. It's pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Lagger

Ive had the 8mm crown fitted and a full Kenny relume, incorrect green lume but I wanted it bright! A couple of updated pics

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Member X

Just to show exactly how long I've been away and not paying attention... :ninja:

... what model is this a rep of??

Lagger

Its HS01 sub made by project x designs........a limited run of 60 made at a staggering 15k each! it Was an unofficial 60th anniversary model..hence the throw back features

This us the BP rep, which came with an incorrect 7mm crown....there is a member on another forum who made some better ones but they were a thousand bucks a pop I think

nunu78

Its HS01 sub made by project x designs........a limited run of 60 made at a staggering 15k each! it Was an unofficial 60th anniversary model..hence the throw back features

This us the BP rep, which came with an incorrect 7mm crown....there is a member on another forum who made some better ones but they were a thousand bucks a pop I think

thousand bucks........ seriously but it looks nice with big crown.

Frazzle

Looking good Lagger! Big crown and big lume! You are right about the more expensive one by PBDad over at the other RWG. I think he still uses the BP as a base watch though for his additional mods.

:thumbsup:

mag8

Very nice with the new mods. I wanted one too but unfortunately the package never arrived and I got a refund.

Maybe after these pics I'll try again...

Lagger

Very nice with the new mods. I wanted one too but unfortunately the package never arrived and I got a refund.

Yeah they are just that little bit different to a normal sub, the red on the bezel just lifts it up a bit for me, the bigger crown sets it off better as well but the 7mm they come with if its working fine I would just leave it tbh...............but my raffles time 8mm one is fine, wasn't really expecting that as it is considerable cheaper than the other options

nashe_chung

Yeah they are just that little bit different to a normal sub, the red on the bezel just lifts it up a bit for me, the bigger crown sets it off better as well but the 7mm they come with if its working fine I would just leave it tbh...............but my raffles time 8mm one is fine, wasn't really expecting that as it is considerable cheaper than the other options

It looks way better with the 8mm Crown. Where did you get yours because I want to get mine modded when I receive it from Toro.