Sign in to follow this  
MDK

A2824-2 Replacement with ETA 2836-2

MDK

Hopefully someone here can tell me if this is going to be possible.

I am looking to replace the movement in my Black Bay with a ETA 2836-2, I recently got hold of one of these and am hoping to fit a Swiss heart.

As I understand they are basically the same movement but the 2836-2 has the day complication and as I have just realised it is 13.5 Lignes and the 2824-2 is 11.5 Linges. Now this is a difference of approx. 4.5mm 2.25 on each side of the movement.

I haven't opened up the back just yet but I am hoping the movement ring is around 2.5mm wide and the 2836-2 may just drop in.

Can anyone advise if this is going to be possible, if not i may sell on the 2836-2 and pick up a 2824-2

JSJ

Stem height is different too. I don't have the data here on my phone but they are quite different movements. Date wheels are not interchangeable either.

MDK

I thought all the 28xx had the same stem position and are interchangeable, the date wheel makes no odds as the BlackBay doesn't use the date.

Interesting though on the stem position, I may be listing this movement soon if that's the case.

MDK

After a quick search on the stem height , it looks like it may be an issue, here is hoping it will still fit without putting and pressure on the stem or crown.

Bugger I thought I had a nice swiss heart for my BB

MDK

It seems the 2836-2 is 0.46mm higher on the primary side to compensate for the day complication.

So my question now is as the Day Date complication is no use in a Black Bay can this be removed and a new dial ring fashioned (reduced by 0.46mm) to allow the 2836-2 to fit correctly ?