Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

The DC collection V3

_DC_

Still a work in progress (as ever) with at least one watch incoming as well as a few straps, but it's getting to a place I'm very happy with at the moment. These are all keepers with the possible exception of the open worked Royal Oak, but it's staying for now because I like how different it is. I've got a few Rolexes which aren't here but everyone should have a Submariner in their stable right?!?

B514131F-6EFE-4A8C-83D3-448BEDF0CFEC_zpsob1fhvf0.jpg

So top left to bottom right they are:

Patek Philippe 5980R Nautilus Chronograph on Donerix gen crocodile strap

Audemars Piguet 15305ST Royal Oak Open Worked

Audemars Piguet 26320ST Royal Oak Chronograph

Patek Philippe 5167A Standard Aquanaut

Audemars Piguet 15300ST Standard Royal Oak

Patek Philippe 5711A Standard Nautilus

Patek Philippe 5980A Nautilus Chronograph

A Lange & Sohne Datograph (soon to be on Donerix gen crocodile strap)

Patek Philippe 5107G Calatrava on Rios gen crocodile strap

Comments and questions welcome

DC

Stuvetjee

Love your style and collection! Keep up the buying progress! :D

Electron17

Great collection, now you just need to add an Omega PO orange for some colour.

Jonnybaws

Love the lot of them mate...

Quality and a now a decent quantity too!

_DC_

Thanks man, really keeping my fingers crossed that I can add a Patek 5970G grand complication to this picture, still waiting on QC pics so it's not in the bag yet, but if it exists it's got a decent movement and most of all it's got the correct 40mm case size, very excited but trying not to get too carried away in case I'm let down!

DC

_DC_
Great collection, now you just need to add an Omega PO orange for some colour.

Omega PO? desismileys_6846.gif

Lol, not my kinda watch, the blue dial Nautiluses and rose gold chronograph give more than enough colour for me :thumbsup:

DC

Simms

Congrats on a really nice, heavily Patek weighted, collection! Great taste

Stuvetjee

Thanks man, really keeping my fingers crossed that I can add a Patek 5970G grand complication to this picture, still waiting on QC pics so it's not in the bag yet, but if it exists it's got a decent movement and most of all it's got the correct 40mm case size, very excited but trying not to get too carried away in case I'm let down!

DC

Oh boy! cant wait for that review from you then :D!

MtnDew1

Love this - I've been thinking about getting a Nautilus Chronograph or a Patek dress watch (I own a few ROs and a blue Nautilus)

What would you recommend? Are the Nautilus chronographs good quality? and how is the calatrava?

I'd love to know your input (and if u have more pics)

I really cant decide :/

Pseudonym

Lovely collection mate. Some real eye candy!

Paparolf

Never sure about gold watches, but your nautilus on the brown strap looks awesome, may have to put that on my list.... Nice collection.

_DC_
Love this - I've been thinking about getting a Nautilus Chronograph or a Patek dress watch (I own a few ROs and a blue Nautilus)

What would you recommend? Are the Nautilus chronographs good quality? and how is the calatrava?

I'd love to know your input (and if u have more pics)

I really cant decide :/

The 5980 chronographs are superb mate, highly reccomend them! I've reccomended them to a few people now and all have said they're impressed!! The only thing is if you buy the one on leather strap you will want to change the strap as it's crap, lol!

As for the Calatrava, it's sublime, but good luck finding one :P

DC

_DC_
Never sure about gold watches, but your nautilus on the brown strap looks awesome, may have to put that on my list.... Nice collection.

Yeah it's a strange thing, I've tried gold watches several times now (ask Johnnybaws :P) and never works for me, but the rose gold chronograph just works, it's easily one of my favourite reps and gets a lot of wrist time!!

DC

Rick001

Great collection! Where did you get the ro chrono from? Didn't know that this is available as a rep Rick

ronald1980

What about your rose gold on rose gold bracelet with correct choc dial ? I've got mine just the bracelet pops open a little more than I'd like .... Any fix? Apart from that it looks the nuts

n of 1

lovely series of patek you've got. Good to hear about the quality of the the nautilus and calatrava, where did you source the nautilus (I'm assuming the calatrava isn't readily available)

_DC_
What about your rose gold on rose gold bracelet with correct choc dial ? I've got mine just the bracelet pops open a little more than I'd like .... Any fix? Apart from that it looks the nuts

I don't have that version, but I know that a few people have had issues with Nautilus bracelets popping open and of you prize open the inner fold of the clasp a little you get a firmer tighter clip shut, usually solves it!

DC

_DC_
lovely series of patek you've got. Good to hear about the quality of the the nautilus and calatrava, where did you source the nautilus (I'm assuming the calatrava isn't readily available)

All three of my Nautiluses came from Perfect Clones! And yeah, you won't find the Calatrava anywhere anymore, unless they release a new rep of it which is unlikely. There's a good rep of the new 5227 Calatrava though which is well worth checking out if you like Patek dress watches!!

DC

George.

That's a really nice refined collection, congrats!

I'm quite jealous

Left Coast Guy

Any math on the value on that collection if they were gens?

rogdog

Very jealous of those pateks ! Do the nautilus straps need some sort of special lug insert to be made ? or can any strapmaker make them >

_DC_
Very jealous of those pateks ! Do the nautilus straps need some sort of special lug insert to be made ? or can any strapmaker make them >

There is a special insert, and genuine Patek Philippe straps are different and don't fit (tried that at my expense). The only real solution is what I did, which is to send the rep strap to someone like Donerix, he uses the insert from the rep strap to make a new one with genuine crocodile hide that fits perfectly (because it's the same insert it's made to measure for the rep watch)!!!!

DC

ronald1980

Where's the skeleton AP from DC ? I imagine that's quite a hard watch to find these days, what's the finish / quality like ?

Robin195959

Gerald Genta would be proud of you.

alanArgon

Nice collection - you once mentioned that u we're considering the strap at LpvBespoke for your nautilus RG chrono - did u get that in the end or as u said from Donerix? Is that the gen croc strap in this post?