Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

The DC collection V3

_DC_
Nice collection - you once mentioned that u we're considering the strap at LpvBespoke for your nautilus RG chrono - did u get that in the end or as u said from Donerix? Is that the gen croc strap in this post?

I got the strap from LPV Bespoke which is supposedly designed to fit the gen, it did not fit the rep, and I have to confess in my opinion the quality was very poor so would not recommend them!! The inserts they used didn't extend to the ends where the pins go through, there was just loops of leather instead, was disappointed!! So yes I got one from Donerix and it's superb, it is the strap in the picture on this post yes!!!

DC

N.Rico

9 glamorous pieces !

very nice collection .

im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Escapizm

Fantastic collection, so what's that about $250k worth if gen? Love the AR on the A L&S, having to exercise serious restraint not to acquire one of those beauty's.

powderfreak

Some great watches you have there. I especially love the blue faced Pateks and the RO Chrono. It's such a tragedy that no good rep of it exists! I would even consider going quartz, but the awful 24 hour hand always makes me vomit. Why the heck can't they put a decent quartz movement in (running seconds, 30 or 60 min and 12 hour subdial).

Oh, something else: Does any of the subdials on the Patek Chrono work? I know they can't replicate the the functionality of the gen, but I'd love to have the minute hand move...

mdakers68

Very Nice !!!

_DC_
Gerald Genta would be proud of you.

Lol, well I'm glad to hear that, I fear he may not have approved of the chronographs and how bulky they made his design!

DC

_DC_
Fantastic collection, so what's that about $250k worth if gen? Love the AR on the A L&S, having to exercise serious restraint not to acquire one of those beauty's.

Haha, resistance is futile my friend! It's probably the most solid and high quality feel rep in my collection, the chrono is so nice to use, silky smooth!! If you get the rose gold though bear in mind you can't file down the nasty pointy bits on the buckle, and believe me you will want to, they hurt!!

DC

Escapizm

Oh no that's not what I wanted to hear! Stainless for me so no probs there, was considering white but black maybe the ticket now.

_DC_
Oh, something else: Does any of the subdials on the Patek Chrono work? I know they can't replicate the the functionality of the gen, but I'd love to have the minute hand move...

I'm afraid not my friend, the subdial is for show only, but the chrono seconds hand works! A7750 chronos are pretty horrid to use anyway (compared to sea-gull manual movements) and no one really needs or uses the chronograph function, it's just a sportier chunkier Nautius really isn't it?!

DC

jizza24

Great collection, where did you find the royal oak skeleton?

_DC_
Oh no that's not what I wanted to hear! Stainless for me so no probs there, was considering white but black maybe the ticket now.

It's personal preference of course, but I found the white dial a bit "meh", lol, admittedly it was rose gold which didn't help but it was kinda too classic almost. The black dial is a nice modern edge, looks stunning in the flesh (pictures don't do it justice)!

DC

_DC_
Great collection, where did you find the royal oak skeleton?

Found it on a non TD website www.amazingclock.me

Actually just let that one go (after saying I was going to keep it haha) coz I want another Calatrava rep and need the funds!

DC

bipbip

Hi DC !

Wonderfull collection here !!! You are the Man!

I wonder If the 26320 is bigger than the nautilus 5711 ? I have had a 5711 and i would like to have now a 26320 one ....

Thanks for you answer

_DC_

Hi Bipbip

Yes the 26320 is larger, it measures 41mm in diameter, I think if you measure across the bezel of your 5711 it's about 38mm (I say measure across the bezel because with the "ears" the Nautilus actually measures 43mm across, but visually you judge the size based on the bezel so it appears far smaller than a 43mm watch)!

So it's 3mm larger, that's quite a lot in relative terms!

DC

daddyof2

Where did you get that skeletonized RO from mate?

daddyof2

just read your previous response, lol.....me being too lazy to read thread properly....ha

FuzzyCoyote

Love it DC.

The 15300ST is a favourite of mine (your old White face one is doing well :) )

Laz730

Nice collection bro!!

machiavegli

I'm honestly a bit jealous of the AL&S... Such a rare brand and love their lemania / Venus mvmt (still don't have any watches with that).... All beautiful, well done sir!

-Mach

Realism

I'm honestly a bit jealous of the AL&S... Such a rare brand and love their lemania / Venus mvmt (still don't have any watches with that).... All beautiful, well done sir!

-Mach

mach - you can get the seagull 1963... it's a gen with venus (ST19) and it's not too expensive

_DC_

-Mach

You missed out Mach, I sold the ALS earlier this month!!!

DC

FuzzyCoyote

As per out conversation of about March this year, still need to get me a 5980R Nautilus Chronograph.... I absolutely love that watch.... The thing screams out to me everytime I see it, lol.

How's the latest addition held up this week?

_DC_
As per out conversation of about March this year, still need to get me a 5980R Nautilus Chronograph.... I absolutely love that watch.... The thing screams out to me everytime I see it, lol.

How's the latest addition held up this week?

Very well mate, thanks! It grows on me more and more every day, it's got more comments from people than almost any other watch I've owned! Once I get a quality strap for it it'll be even better...

DC08AAD2-C1DD-489F-8A3B-EBC10CEAA7E1_zpsb0q5bdh8.jpg

Today's watch of choice is the older sister though...

1805D862-2B03-45B4-964D-993CF27B7F44_zps8zbmathd.jpg

I'm gonna have to do a DC collection V4 pretty soon, three of these have moved on, and several new ones have arrived. Seven Pateks (soon to be eight) and counting!!

DC

Jonnybaws

You and you're bloody Patek's.. they've started to peak my interest now!!

_DC_
You and you're bloody Patek's.. they've started to peak my interest now!!

Haha, me and my Pateks? You and your bloody ROOs!!!

Glass houses Omar, glass houses!

DC