Sign in to follow this  
T0T0

What is your rotation?

T0T0

In many posts I read that you guys wear your watches in a 'rotation'. Although I own a lot of watches I've never done this. I suppose because all but one are quartz so they don't need to be worn or wound. I've got one automatic now and two more on the way so I'll have to start a rotation of my own soon.

My question is, do you wear your watches in a specific order? If so, how many days on and off? Is there a practical reason for doing this, or is it just a habit or ritual?

RUSH2112

Depends but there is no rhyme nor reason to which watch I wear. It's either mood, event, or the fact that the time and date is correct and I'm I a hurry

UmpaHimself

I wear them based on mood and clothing. No rotation. I'll wear the same watch for a week sometimes.

xj4sonx

yup usually based on my mood or what I am wearing. No certain rotation

ddmcg2479

Mood/clothing/occasion for me rather than any planned rotation.

Pam inevitably gets the most time as I can just alternate straps based on the same criteria!

elchino

Depends on clothing or activity, i try to wear everyone but sometimes one watch could last almost a week on my wrist.

cwazy1

gen-gen-gen-gen-gen-gen-gen-rep

repeat :D

Simms

Depends on what I'm feeling at the moment, absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. Although im seing that there are a few that rarely make the rotation and need to move on!

wolfpacker

Depends on clothing or activity, i try to wear everyone but sometimes one watch could last almost a week on my wrist.

Same for me.

Daywatch

Depends on Summer/Winter and sporty/formal/leisure clothing, where I´m going, whom I´m meeting, mood but I normally change at least once during one day. Normally have some 3-4 autos running on pr with time and date set and pick up a new one after a week.

T0T0

That's what I do too. I guess the word "rotation" made me think there was some cycle that needs to be followed with autos.

Hornet

Different every day usually, but then if I'm liking one in particular it'll get more wear. Also what I'm doing factors in; today I'm wearing my cheapie B&R as I'm doing some manual labour (which makes a change....). Some are left for only special occasions....

greg_r

I open one of my watchboxes. Pick something I haven't worn in a while. Job done.

Mystery Shopper

Dare I say it- my rotation is clockwise.

emot-smug_zps983e0cec.gif

Paparolf

Same as others really, Mood or activity, although I do try and give them all a go over a month period.

MetalMickey

Mood clothing and activity. Running is a Timex iron man, Work is a gen TAG. otherwise I match clothing. I have a diver in each colour red blue and black. I wear a Seiko when it rains

rogdog

For me I usually swap around every 2-3 days because I can't be bothered time-setting. Or depends on what I'm wearing or the occasion ! Also if it's a newly arrived rep i may wear it for a week or so

ag69

I usually pick a watch based on what I'm wearing that day. Sometimes I'll choose one because I haven't worn it for a while.

Aks65

I look at the watches and pick one without thinking....

and yes, mostly it'll be one of the PAMs :wub: !!!

kleban

I only have two reps at the moment (plus a couple of cheap quartz genuines that I hardly ever wear now). I tend to switch about once a week.

T0T0
For me I usually swap around every 2-3 days because I can't be bothered time-setting.

This is what I meant by practical reason.

mtbkr65

I've gone almost completely Gen now, I don't have a schedule for rotation. It's all based on what I'm wearing that day. My Gen SMP GMT and SMPcr see the most wear with my Rado d-star chronograph, tag heuer Aquaracer, and Oris Aquis Date seeing regular wrist time. I have a couple reps left but mostly weekend beaters for errands and yard work! eebe3efaf5a74efc48231c9ffc842c13.jpgb206458924460c96acfa826b5d12ec3d.jpgacdcc9db9b3c03978dfca5def24557c0.jpgc9dd943ca196f8e512059249749cf815.jpg9b98ae57ff66778573d81dd73e0560a4.jpg

tonysoprano211

Depends on clothing and situation - I think the watch has to correspond to both.

Switch almost daily (7Autos and 2 Hand-w. in a watch winder), 1 Quartz extra.

Irishcain

I open one of my watchboxes. Pick something I haven't worn in a while. Job done.

same here.

GenTLe
I wear them based on mood and clothing. No rotation. I'll wear the same watch for a week sometimes.

+1 not really a need to wear them. Just like to change them based on mood, clothes style etc