Sign in to follow this  
andrasnm

Newbie asking some dumb questions

andrasnm

I almost bought a watch but then I found out that someone has to sign for it. Since it is a Christmas gift to myself I will now refrain until December. The other conundrum is the trusted list will deal with money orders and paypal (if used with the given email address), yet some (most actually) of the trusted list has websites that accept credit card orders etc. So this is a little confusing to me. Can someone explain this?

P.S. I rather pay the shipping surcharge ($25) and make sure customs issues are eliminated...

P.P.S. I was reading the ebook from this forum, which was rather negative for replica watches, do this watches get oiled and introduced a shock-resistant mechanism?

Edited by andrasnm

graman

Hey there andrasnm...

Different dealers are set up in different ways.

Some highly established dealers have websites that process credit cards, such as Joshua, and Getat.

Others don't use paypal, but do use Alertpay, which is also fine...such as Prestigewatcho

Others use Paypal, however PP can be a little testy, particularly if someone uses the word "replica" in the transaction.

My suggestion is, have a debit only visa, hooked up to an Alertpay and pp account, and you won't need to worry about anything. :Whistle:

greg_r

If you have the watch shipped EMS, then yes someone will have to sign. Airmail doesn't usually require a signature, but does not offer tracking. Which is the best shipping method for you depends on which country you are in.

Some of our dealers take Paypal. Some take credit cards directly. Some can also take moneybookers, WU or other forms of payment. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about it. Buying via paypal or credit card are the safest.

If you mean the old replica watch report pdf ebook that was posted somewhere here a while ago - that was posted for interest only and mainly for the members who have been around for a while. It's not terribly accurate and hopelessly out of date.

Yes, watch movements have a shock-resistant feature. Quality control is not as good in replicas as it is in genuine watches (but then you're not paying gen prices). Occasionally one will have a fault and need to be sent back (but then again, that also goes for gen watches). If you're buying better quality watches, you will tend to get better quality movements, but even the cheap 21J models are generally pretty reliable provided you're buying from a quality source (i.e. a trusted dealer)

Welcome to RWG!

graman

What Greg said! :Whistle:

prestigewatchco

I am confused here what difference does it make it has to be signed for?

You are making it sound that you will spoil your surprise if you know about the watch you have bought yourself before Christmas.

As for customs there are no restrictions in Lapland send it to Santa direct and hope he finds your chimney on the night of 24th

andrasnm

I am fine with paypal. The main issue was shipping in context of customs problems and EMS was suggested as it perhaps the way to circumvent customs issues from the start..is there any truth behind this?

Thanks for the replies....

If you have the watch shipped EMS, then yes someone will have to sign. Airmail doesn't usually require a signature, but does not offer tracking. Which is the best shipping method for you depends on which country you are in.

Some of our dealers take Paypal. Some take credit cards directly. Some can also take moneybookers, WU or other forms of payment. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about it. Buying via paypal or credit card are the safest.

If you mean the old replica watch report pdf ebook that was posted somewhere here a while ago - that was posted for interest only and mainly for the members who have been around for a while. It's not terribly accurate and hopelessly out of date.

Yes, watch movements have a shock-resistant feature. Quality control is not as good in replicas as it is in genuine watches (but then you're not paying gen prices). Occasionally one will have a fault and need to be sent back (but then again, that also goes for gen watches). If you're buying better quality watches, you will tend to get better quality movements, but even the cheap 21J models are generally pretty reliable provided you're buying from a quality source (i.e. a trusted dealer)

Welcome to RWG!

Edited by andrasnm

andrasnm

What if there is nobody to sign? Some people actually work during the day.. :D .I will not waste my time getting little notes or driving to some place to pick it up, when I pay $25, that is major waste of my time.

You are making it sound that you will spoil your surprise if you know about the watch you have bought yourself before Christmas.

As for customs there are no restrictions in Lapland send it to Santa direct and hope he finds your chimney on the night of 24th

muhnkee_2
What if there is nobody to sign? Some people actually work during the day.. :D .I will not waste my time getting little notes or driving to some place to pick it up, when I pay $25, that is major waste of my time.

maybe you could get it sent to your work?*

* this is just a crazy idea i just had, i havent tested it with science, but it might just work!

greg_r
I am fine with paypal. The main issue was shipping in context of customs problems and EMS was suggested as it perhaps the way to circumvent customs issues from the start..is there any truth behind this?

Thanks for the replies....

For some countries, airmail is actually safer. It depends on where you are...

dingle

not to threadcrap here, but I get my watches sent airmail........and I always get a tracking # from the dealer. How is this possible?

greg_r
not to threadcrap here, but I get my watches sent airmail........and I always get a tracking # from the dealer. How is this possible?

Tracking numbers are possible - but in most instances they don't tell you anything useful once the package has left the country of origin.

dingle

Tracking numbers are possible - but in most instances they don't tell you anything useful once the package has left the country of origin.

I my instance, they always do. It showed being delivered and all.....but I am a noob...what the hell do I know :D

prestigewatchco

Too much trouble to go to the local post office to collect it?

Takes all of 10 minutes

Unless you live in the wilderness.

You are making it sound as if $25 is the crown jewels and that you should get it delivered personally at an exact time.

You can in fact arrange this with a courier like DHL etc but it will cost closer to $100 so unless you earn so much money that 10 minutes of your time is worth more than $75 you are running out of choices

Even with Air mail registered you need to sign so unless you are happy to have someone just pop it in a Jiff bag and send it without any record at all then you had best find a way to free up 10 minutes

Your new here but seeing what everyone else does as a "Major waste of time" makes one wonder if this is maybe the wrong hobby for you because if you see this as a "Major waste of time" how are you going to react when you have to God forbid go to the post office and send a watch back that is faulty which is a real possibility

prestigewatchco

I my instance, they always do. It showed being delivered and all.....but I am a noob...what the hell do I know :D

Currently at least with Thaipost the registered mail if 1st trackable at acceptance and to the airport it is then (just happened ) possible to see which plane and what time it left Thailand.

There is then a void until it arrives in the country of destination this is where it is in the lap of the Gods as to how or if it's tackable Royal mail in UK is relatively good USPS on the other hand are useless more often than not. All registered should report delivery though

KBH

Too much trouble to go to the local post office to collect it?

Takes all of 10 minutes

Unless you live in the wilderness.

You are making it sound as if $25 is the crown jewels and that you should get it delivered personally at an exact time.

You can in fact arrange this with a courier like DHL etc but it will cost closer to $100 so unless you earn so much money that 10 minutes of your time is worth more than $75 you are running out of choices

Even with Air mail registered you need to sign so unless you are happy to have someone just pop it in a Jiff bag and send it without any record at all then you had best find a way to free up 10 minutes

Your new here but seeing what everyone else does as a "Major waste of time" makes one wonder if this is maybe the wrong hobby for you because if you see this as a "Major waste of time" how are you going to react when you have to God forbid go to the post office and send a watch back that is faulty which is a real possibility

I think you just made it on Robert's "special" list. :D

rda1

Hi

As a relative newbie to all this the one thing ive learnt is patience is the key both with both the selection process and delivery process. If the thought of being put out a bit worries you you may want to go to a dealer . I have had good and bad experiences in the short while that ive been collecting and the one consistent in all of it has been the help and advice from the members of this board.If your at work most of the day have it sent to work thats what i do.Read as much as you can, do your research and listen to the people who know whats what and you will be fine.Welcome aboard!

KBH

The watches that I got From Robert via Standard Air Mail were just shoved in my mail box. No tracking and no signature required.

prestigewatchco
The watches that I got From Robert via Standard Air Mail were just shoved in my mail box. No tracking and no signature required.

Yes with USPS thats often the case