Sign in to follow this  
nmanou

Dealers Reputation

nmanou

I know it's always a risk venturing away from the preferred dealers, but I would like to know if anyone has heard of FTWatches and whether they are worthy of supplying a decent rep?

Thanks.

myaz

I haven't heard of them but out of curiosity, why do you want to deal with a non trusted dealer?

Vreds

Just curious. Why?

James.

I'd say theyre cheap...

Jonj480

and ya usually get what ya pay for....

nyckid

It is definitely like gambling. Unless, someone comes along and gives you specifics on their "good" experience with this dealer...other wise I'd say stay away.

Don't fall for the first thing that comes out of people's mouths here (stay away from non-trust dealers) because, some trusted dealers here are worst than any non trusted dealer. Or ask around.

I hope this helps :)

Genius
It is definitely like gambling. Unless, someone comes along and gives you specifics on their "good" experience with this dealer...other wise I'd say stay away.

Don't fall for the first thing that comes out of people's mouths here (stay away from non-trust dealers) because, some trusted dealers here are worst than any non trusted dealer. Or ask around.

I

It only helps if you back it up with an experience with a fantastic non trusted

nmanou

Thanks for the advice. I almost got sucked in because of the unlimited candy store of great watches. I am seeking out a Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 Day Date which they are offering for $109. I guess if it's too good to be true, then it's not.

Simms

You can get cheapies from Silix if that's the price range you're after. Our guys can do it all and at least you know what to expect.

greg_r

It's worth bearing in mind that a lot of the dodgier sites out there actually list watches that don't exist (or don't exist at that price) in an attempt to sucker you in. If you're lucky, you might actually get some sort of watch (just not what you're expecting), but empty boxes have been known...

BadPickle

I

It only helps if you back it up with an experience with a fantastic non trusted

I too would like to hear more about the kids experience, it's a mighty bold statement with no backup :)

Gazzla
4EIcwRS.gif

chrish8

Why do so many ppl go through the step of registering here and than ask about other sites which are not TD's?

I know it's always a risk venturing away from the preferred dealers, but I would like to know if anyone has heard of FTWatches and whether they are worthy of supplying a decent rep?

Thanks.

RichardMiami

why not? It is a natural question.

ALL dealers started out as "not trusted" and some built up their reputation and trust to the point of making the list. Just compare who TDs are on the different rep watch sites and you will see that the lists do not match.

Anyone is totally free to order whatever they want, from any site they want, at any time. The difference is track record and the backing of the moderators.

chrish8

Case in point, why ask for an opinion and it is not a trusted dealer?

ALL dealers started out as "not trusted" and some built up their reputation and trust to the point of making the list. Just compare who TDs are on the different rep watch sites and you will see that the lists do not match.

Anyone is totally free to order whatever they want, from any site they want, at any time. The difference is track record and the backing of the moderators.

rawbaws

Because somebody might have used them? A non RWI member might register here, and say, I stumbled across Tony 7750's website is he legit? A lot of experienced members would reply that while not a TD here many have had great experiences with him, and you would be unlikely to see the sort of response OP is getting now... just because the site may not be somebody you have heard of, doesn't mean they can't be trusted to some extent from the prior experience of our members.

chrish8

No issue with that comment at all as I am on RWG and RWI, however I would not post about a TD from RWI on here I would just ask at RWI. Aside form that the OP is nto even talkign baout a TD from either forum so that is why I asked why bother risking it? simple question IMO. Almost like a parent telling a child don't touch the hot stove but the child does anyways........

Because somebody might have used them? A non RWI member might register here, and say, I stumbled across Tony 7750's website is he legit? A lot of experienced members would reply that while not a TD here many have had great experiences with him, and you would be unlikely to see the sort of response OP is getting now... just because the site may not be somebody you have heard of, doesn't mean they can't be trusted to some extent from the prior experience of our members.

dcsharp

Thanks for the advice. I almost got sucked in because of the unlimited candy store of great watches. I am seeking out a Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 Day Date which they are offering for $109. I guess if it's too good to be true, then it's not.

$109 worth is all you'd get, if anything. In saying this Silix has some cheap pieces and TSWatch has that wholesale deal at the moment, still less risky than a non TD.

I'd check TS out and fire Watch International an email, likely a little dearer but worth it!

As mentioned above many of these sites are scams, in fact many of our TDs have dozens of scam versions floating around so only ever use uptodate details on this forum and not google to find them.... If you really wanna throw $109.00 away however I would recommend myfreeimplants.com/index

cogwatch
No issue with that comment at all as I am on RWG and RWI, however I would not post about a TD from RWI on here I would just ask at RWI. Aside form that the OP is nto even talkign baout a TD from either forum so that is why I asked why bother risking it? simple question IMO. Almost like a parent telling a child don't touch the hot stove but the child does anyways........

I think you missed rawbaws point. He said a "non" RWI member might register here and ask about Tony's Asian7750 site - just as an example. If they weren't an RWI member, they obviusly wouldn't know about Asian7750. But if they were to ask here if anyone knew about a site called Asian7750, I'd be one of many who would say he is a good dealer from which I've bought many watches with 100% success.

chrish8

If your just looking for watches based on a cheap price to get your feet wet you can try Lawrence a TD here as well as others mentioned Silix. But I would advise caution since you will get what you pay for so you may not be 100% happy with it, just my 2cents.

Edited by chrish8

dcsharp

If your just looking for watches based on a cheap price to get your feet wet you can try Lawrence a TD here as well as others mentioned Silix. But I would advise caution since you will get what you pay for so you may not be 100% happy with it, just my 2cents.

100% Agree, in all honest $109 is a cheapie like my 36 which is a good watch BUT I am going the little extra now to get a better rep (albeit a Aqua)... Had I known I probably would have spent the extra in the first place.

Still a cheapie is a great way to test the waters I guess.