Sign in to follow this  
TeddyCrafts

kw 382 arrived dead

TeddyCrafts

I received my kw 382 with dead movement. I brought it to the watchsmith, but he was not willing to work on it. He said that those are not real jewels and screws, so he won't work on the rep decorated movement.

Should i send the watch back or find another watchsmith?

Chavezzito

What did the Trusted Dealer suggest you do?

Either send it back or take contact with one of our modders on the forum.

Daywatch

Hi, bad luck on the first. Ask the TD if he accepts it back for repairs. Will take 2-3 months to get there and back. Otherwise look for and contact a forum modder depending on Your location, it will be better fixed but cost again.

TeddyCrafts

I was tricked into accepting the qc pictures. I received a kw 382 with crooked 15 30 45. I might try another watch sith, don't know yet. Waiting for the seller to reply.

black263

I was tricked into accepting the qc pictures. I received a kw 382 with crooked 15 30 45. I might try another watch sith, don't know yet. Waiting for the seller to reply.

That's a very serious thing to allege, and shouldn't be the subject of open debate until after a Moderator has been involved. You are opening the door for a shit-load of abuse for not following protocol

Castiel

I'm not 100% sure but kw had some with little flaw on the angle on 30. What exactly mean dead? It do not even start? I've noticed on these movements that they dot start sometimes with just few swing on the hand.

anfalas

It's not dead...........................it's resting!! :lmao:

DeadParrot.png

TeddyCrafts

That's a very serious thing to allege, and shouldn't be the subject of open debate until after a Moderator has been involved. You are opening the door for a shit-load of abuse for not following protocol

I was just wondering if there's a solution instead of sending it back. Sorry if i have offended anyone, please close thread.

Mazz

So you havent heard back from the dealer?

Contact the dealer first and calmly explain the situation

alot of things can happen to a watch in transit so don't assume you were scammed or tricked .....................the dealers here are trusted for a reason

Gazzla

It's not dead...........................it's resting!! :lmao:

DeadParrot.png

I5FEwbm.gif

greg_r

So you havent heard back from the dealer?

Contact the dealer first and calmly explain the situation

alot of things can happen to a watch in transit so don't assume you were scammed or tricked .....................the dealers here are trusted for a reason

^^ this.

'Tricked'? I don't think so. Talk to the dealer (or get the watch fixed locally if you prefer - I'll admit that's my usual preference when this kinda thing happens, but it's up to you).

If you decide to go back to the dealer and can't get a satisfactory response, contact a moderator and they'll do what they can to help work it out, but contact the dealer FIRST.

Mazz

People and advice givers "DO NOT COTACT A MOD FIRST.............................CONTACT THE DEALER/SELLER FIRST "

try to reach an agreement first.........if not them contact a mod

black263

People and advice givers "DO NOT COTACT A MOD FIRST.............................CONTACT THE DEALER/SELLER FIRST "

try to reach an agreement first.........if not them contact a mod

Mazz. When I suggested he contact a Mod, that was after post 4 when he said he was waiting for the seller to reply. Normally, I would also say wait for the reply before contacting a mod,especially if it's a simple DOA, but since he was alleging that he was tricked into accepting the watch, I thought this was something that he should involve you in.

TeddyCrafts

Please close thread, i will contact the high class seller.

Chavezzito

Sarcasm...I see a bright future for this one :yoda:

Gazzla

I get the feeling that this isn't going to end well . . .

DKe2lgH.gif

Chavezzito
:trainwreck:

Wriggles

:trainwreck:

I get the feeling that this isn't going to end well . . .

well looking at OP's first post (other thread) and the lack of any thanks given for information provided it doesn't look hopeful......

TeddyCrafts

Many thanks for the help.

mshklovskiy

May I ask where did you buy it from?

Paparolf

Did he buy it from a TD??

JohnPilot

This movement is a piece of junk. I had my 382 fixede by Steel but it failed again, now I got a new movement placed by him and it runs well.

Its the decoration that kills the movement, holes are drilled on movement already completed and so movement will be blocked sooner or later by remains of drilling.

TeddyCrafts

Yes it's from a small TD, i don't know about disclosing who. I just want to resolve it pecefully first. I do regret buying from a sall TD not having as much good feedbacks as other TDs.

Gazzla

Yes it's from a small TD, i don't know about disclosing who. I just want to resolve it pecefully first. I do regret buying from a sall TD not having as much good feedbacks as other TDs.

It appears you have been unlucky. Your single experience does not typify any TD, big or small, although I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that your TD is 'small'.

They wouldn't be a TD if they churned out shite DOA stuff time after time.

Contact the TD. If you do not get a satisfactory resolution then contact a Mod.

Remember to be polite or you'll scare them off . . .

RPQhD3i.gif

perry

Normal protocol in the rep game.........

You get a bad watch contact the dealer. If they are trusted they will tell you to send it back. Send it back in a secure fashion.....track able shipment.

They will get the watch and fix it. Then send back to you. May take 1-3 months. I've never lost a watch sent back to get fixed but it happens. It's the risk you take in the rep world.

Alternatively find a watchsmith and let them fix it for you. Issue here is it may be pricey. Generally you would want a full service and for a A7750 movement that can cost you 100-200 bucks.