Sign in to follow this  
sunbites

I READ THE BIBLE FIRST! ;-) Still need help.

sunbites

Soooo; after reading the "panerai" bible ive decided to get one....

There is quite a few I like;

332L is a contender so is 061D and http://www.trusty-watch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_56&products_id=9398

There are however movement differences; after such different reviews of the A7750 I wonder if I should go for the hand wound one....

ALE7575

What are you looking for ?

Because you have made three very different choices !

ALE

sunbites

Well, i'd like them to be simple, no date and functioning well tbh; not a massive fan of display caseback either...

Viquito

Get an 009

Mine is pretty sweet :)

00F4D843-AC6F-4A92-B68D-F8FB4780B0D4_zpsrm2vjmtc.jpg

Cheesemonger

That 061 is nice. I would go for hand wound over the 7750. Hand wound are easier to service and seem to be better built IMO over the a7750 options.

sunbites

Also I'm pretty sure you can change it to the ETA6497 movement "if anything happens". And as most of my watches die and need to be wound anyway before putting on - i dont mind that.

Dorian84

go for a super rep like 111N V3, 005 V2.5, 243 V3, 000 V2.5...

Cheesemonger
Also I'm pretty sure you can change it to the ETA6497 movement "if anything happens". And as most of my watches die and need to be wound anyway before putting on - i dont mind that.

Most a6497 run pretty well from what I have experienced so far. 7750 on the other hand is temperamental to say the least.

myaz

Well, i'd like them to be simple, no date and functioning well tbh; not a massive fan of display caseback either...

If you like simple.....................then I'd pick a different model from what you post.

If you like well functioning.......then I'd pick a hand wound 6497 over a 7750 any day, every day.

No worries about the caseback. You don't see it or feel it while wearing the watch

None of the simpler models have a date window, they spoil the beauty of the simple design anyways. I'd pick a different model, just sayin'...your call :D

sunbites

go for a super rep like 111N V3, 005 V2.5, 243 V3, 000 V2.5...

Seems like the 061 is a super rep? Trusty doesnt specify the version they have...

sunbites

If you like simple.....................then I'd pick a different model from what you post.

If you like well functioning.......then I'd pick a hand wound 6497 over a 7750 any day, every day.

No worries about the caseback. You don't see it or feel it while wearing the watch

None of the simpler models have a date window, they spoil the beauty of the simple design anyways. I'd pick a different model, just sayin'...your call :D

I think the 061D is one of the best reps of Panerai out there; i may be mistaken but tried doing my research; and the movement should be reliable too. And yeah; no date window is good :-) What would you pick?

playinwittime

Does anyone have pics of a nice pvd orange sandwhich Pam rep for an option. They look pretty sweet.

sunbites

thanks! I like the 390 a lot; i think my eye is not so good yet to spot the differences with gens on pans; I wish some dealer had _all_ the super reps in one place lol :-)

myaz

I think the 061D is one of the best reps of Panerai out there; i may be mistaken but tried doing my research; and the movement should be reliable too. And yeah; no date window is good :-) What would you pick?

My fave is the 210 and then the 183. Both are radiomirs with 6497s. I like the looks better when it doesn't have that lever mechanism. The 210 looks cleaner than the 183 with the sub dial @ 9. The advantage of the 183 is that it's easier to tell it has stopped (forgot to wind the watch) if there's a seconds hand.

sunbites

i like the lever; makes it look nice imo

ShovelnTC

Yeah WI have some great deals for Pams at the moment.

Stick with as few complications as possible and you will likely get a more trouble free watch.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=329

sunbites

WI only accepts WesternUnion/Moneygram. And that's kind of a deal breaker for me :-/

ShovelnTC

WI only accepts WesternUnion/Moneygram. And that's kind of a deal breaker for me :-/

Oh well!

sunbites

Yeah; pity but just cant be bothered to go to the outstkirts to find a western union outlet.

Mr Happy

I do all my Western Union transfers on-line................

mysterio

Yeah; pity but just cant be bothered to go to the outstkirts to find a western union outlet.

Well TDs can't be bothered with risking their PP accounts with someone as new as yourself.

sunbites

Citibank allows WU up to $200; and i rather pay extra than have to go to Zone 6;