Sign in to follow this  
Dave0944

Movement problem Asian 2836-2 GMT

Dave0944

Hi, I just recieved a rep Explorer II and the movement has an interesting problem, in two days the watch has run flawlessly except for the late afternoon two days in a row. At about 3:15 and 15 secs the watch stopped and light shaking did not start it up, had to unscrew crown and move hands, ran for approx 1 hour then did I it again, reset it again an it ran the rest of the night and the whole next day until 4:21 and 20 secs! Crown now feels a little flakey and you have to work it to get it to the hack position.

Anyone got any ideas? If a service is needed, can anyone recommend someone who'll work on a rep. I have a great watch guy,here who works on my gens, but won't touch a rep. Any help from the more knowledgeable members would greatly appreciated.

imagejpg2-2.jpg

paulc

I would say that a decent watch guy could work just as easily on a clone as a coshure eta movement and at the very least he could advise you of the likely fault, problems getting into the setting positions sounds like a keyless issue and may explain it stopping as I remember the hack mechanism sitting in a groove in one of the pinions and may be a problem as you say it wont hack properly.

Dave0944

Yeah, I've been reading a lot about keyless issues on the Asian Clones. I have a lot of experience with gens but am new to reps.

My watch guy just seems to have some sort of personel issue with reps, won't even discuss it. Anybody know of anyone who can handle this issue and more importantly, will,handle it. I've contacted two TD watch guys from another board and neither would work on it.