Sign in to follow this  
wat44

USA customs

wat44

I know some states are ok, and others not ok. Right now, Im specifically interested in SC - what is customs like in that state please (from Australia)

im guessing its fine from little ol' Oz, but thought it best to make sure

thank you

Luthier

Got about 30 watches, most from China, a few from Thailand, some were open by Custom, never had any problems.

Long live L.A. Customs!!!

wat44

isnt south carolina quite a distance from LA?

jon k

LOL, and L.A. isn't a state either, unless you mean Louisiana.

Baldrick

Not if you have a Ferrari :help:

Aren

LOL, and L.A. isn't a state either, unless you mean Louisiana.

:rofl:

I think port of entry for SC is Miami. Miami is high seizure rate. I don't think it matters where the point of departure is...it's the point of entry into the US which matters. Check with other members. If you are in doubt try a remailer service and use a point of entry at NYC where customs is easier. I am sure you will get a more informed reply than mine from those with actual experience... Calling Ding!

KBH

Most of the East Coast goes through New York Customs. They're easy. I live in Florida and every watch I've gotten has come through New York. I think Dingle is the only unlucky member to get one through Miami.

Luthier

I thought everything goes thru L.A. Customs. It's the first landing point of all planes from China, doesn't matter of final destination.

Maybe I'm wrong.

KBH

I think it's where the cargo is unloaded. A plane may stop in LA and unload partial cargo and go on to NY, Dallas, Miami, etc.

prestigewatchco

SC as FL is a lottery many land in NY/LA but a lot land at FL as well no way to tell from the offset which way they will arrive. So SC is a danger area as is ALFL . this is assuming EMS is being used if it's regular air then most land in NY or LA and are problem free.

lately DHL have been taking the incoming EMS rather than USPS to certain states so seems to be easier .

Only problem is DHL change the tracking number and don't let anyone know so the tracking stops as soon as the parcel arrives in US and seem to be more pedantic about address etc, with a lot being undelivered due to incomplete address etc also they will not always deliver to PO box if DHL are involved again no way of knowing who the receiving agent will be in USA .

So all in all a real cock up in the US with EMS mail

wat44

excellent - thanks for that - I will only send with regular air in that case