Sign in to follow this  
minelive

Rolex Submariner Ceramic (ETA based)

minelive

I bought the above watch from one of the trusted dealers recently and noticed that the finishing on the clasp showed rough edges and that there was a slight noticeable gap in between the link.

Seller promised to send me a replacement clasp along with my new purchases but mentioned later that all the clasps are like this with rough finishing for the Rolex Submariner Ceramic and that a good one cannot be found; after I have sent payment for the purchases.

My question is whether is it true that the clasp on all those Rolex Submariner Ceramics that you guys have bought has the similar rough jagged edges.

I would appreciate any input.

Thank you.

God Bless.

Cheers

Clement

minelive

Here are the pictures . . .

clasp1.jpg

clasp2.jpg

clasp3.jpg

Thank you.

God Bless.

Cheers

Clement

dingle

where did you get this from?

solkryssare

It's a rep mate. Made by small Chinese girls. Age 7-9.

minelive
It's a rep mate. Made by small Chinese girls. Age 7-9.

I know it is a replica but is this something apparent for all the watches like what the seller has mentioned?

That's why I am asking if anyone who has bought the same watch has the same issue.

I am less than convinced about what seller has said especially after receiving my money.

God Bless.

Cheers

Clement

greg_r

There's more than one factory producing these bracelets, so you'll find some variation dependent on the watch you buy, but it's a commonplace problem.

Del

Hi Clement,

I very recently bought a Ceramic Sub from Timesshop (you didn't say where you got your's from) and I am delighted with it, including the bracelet. I do not appear to have the rough edges that you refer to. (I posted some pics here.)

However, I do have a gap between the lugs and the bracelet end links on the lower side of the watch. I don't know if it's the case that's wrong or the bracelet but I'm going to live with it - when the watch is on your wrist, nobody will see these imperfections.

As said by others, you get imperfections in reps - that's just the way it is. Some are way better than others but there will always be something. The question is whether or not you can live with it.

In your case, the Trusted Dealer is sending you a new bracelet - I don't think you can ask for any better a response.

Enjoy your watch :D.

Del

minelive

Seller did want to send me a replacement clasp but only to come back later to tell me that all the clasps are like this and there is not one without the jagged edges and gap in between the link.

Yes, I understand that this is a replica and that it will not be noticeable when worn on the wrist.

Let's just say that I am less then impressed with the seller's commitment and this is not something I expected for USD250.

God Bless.

Cheers

Clement

Hi Clement,

I very recently bought a Ceramic Sub from Timesshop (you didn't say where you got your's from) and I am delighted with it, including the bracelet. I do not appear to have the rough edges that you refer to. (I posted some pics here.)

However, I do have a gap between the lugs and the bracelet end links on the lower side of the watch. I don't know if it's the case that's wrong or the bracelet but I'm going to live with it - when the watch is on your wrist, nobody will see these imperfections.

As said by others, you get imperfections in reps - that's just the way it is. Some are way better than others but there will always be something. The question is whether or not you can live with it.

In your case, the Trusted Dealer is sending you a new bracelet - I don't think you can ask for any better a response.

Enjoy your watch :D.

Del

Member X

You might be able to source a gen clasp if you are willing to invest the money, but I'm really not sure I'd worry about it. The chances are there are much bigger tells on the watch than the clasp finishing! If it is rough then you could gently sand/file the edges smoother :D

If the seller is on the Trusted Dealer list, they should happily refund the money if they can't find a bracelet / clasp as promised.

TAGster

Hi mate,

I have a Submariner and the clasp has the same problem as yours: rough finish on the edge, but mine is a cheapie one I paid around 60 usd for it not 250 usd. So, for that kind of money I think you deserve a better customer service.

Hope you can solve this issue.

Cheers.

solkryssare
Hi mate,

I have a Submariner and the clasp has the same problem as yours: rough finish on the edge, but mine is a cheapie one I paid around 60 usd for it not 250 usd. So, for that kind of money I think you deserve a better customer service.

Hope you can solve this issue.

Cheers.

I agree. You do deserve better. I just soo seldom you get something rep that doesn't have a few flaws. Its irritating as hell but that's how it is. Only close to flawless reps I've owned are the WM9's and most IWC reps.

dingle
If the seller is on the Trusted Dealer list, they should happily refund the money if they can't find a bracelet / clasp as promised.

I am working on this and it seems it may be more difficult than it seems to source a bracelet without the edges.........to be continued......

:)

jonhcox

Mine has the same issue on the clasp, but in all honesty I think I'll just file it down and polish the edge.

rsh
Mine has the same issue on the clasp, but in all honesty I think I'll just file it down and polish the edge.

This is such a rather simple fix with a nail file or some 150 sand paper, and IMO the dealer telling you theyre all like that is his way of saying, I dont want to send you a new one.

jonhcox

This is such a rather simple fix with a nail file or some 150 sand paper, and IMO the dealer telling you theyre all like that is his way of saying, I dont want to send you a new one.

Honestly, it was the easiest of fixes- I used a small flat file to get the rough stuff down, then a narrow sanding stick to smooth the filing. Once that was smooth I just used a variety of grades to polish the edge. The polishing isn't that noticeable but the edge is now uniformly flat and looks much better. It's a helluva a lot easier than sending it back to China and playing the waiting game, plus it looks good too. The best thing is that it took about 30 minutes.