Sign in to follow this  
speedzmaster

Affixing hands to a chrono

speedzmaster

Is there anything I should be cautious about? Any tips or anything? My main concern is for the chrono seconds counter hand itself.

sconehead

Obviously, protect the dial. Make sure the movement is set to 12 and counters to zero. Get the hands into position using using a loupe, rodico and a wooden toothpick so as not to marr them. With the smaller hands and the seconds chrono hand, send them home using the side of a toothpick with light pressure. Finally, make sure everything works correctly before re-casing...that's how I do it anyway..:D

speedzmaster

Bergeon toothpicks?

prestigewatchco

be very careful with chrono hands they have a terrible habit of separating from the tube and it's a nightmare to fix them. Thin cling film over the job I find the best saves damaging anything and if they fly off they are going nowhere

If you don't have plastic tweezers when refitting them use some rodico on the end of cocktail stick to position them again when in position use some cling film wrapped around the end of cocktail stick this will protect both the dial and hands in the event you slip.

Fitting them is not difficult it's removing them is the hard part