Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[ENDED] Poll to select watch for my girlfriend

KeNnY

Hi all,

please, I have made an little poll regarding a watch, what i want to buy for my girlfriend on our third year anniversary as an couple :rofl: She likes big watches (40mm) that is why, I have here only man size watches. She likes sparkling things on watches (like stones, pearl dial, something that other watches don't have etc.). Also look at the used movement. The rolex will probably have an plastic ring inside. Please consider, watch is for an laddie, price/quality/movement.

I have chosen 2 watches. She likes them both (she doesn't know she will get one :rofl: )

The first watch is ALPHA STONE BEZEL MASTER PIECE DAY-DATE

Specs:

MOVEMENT : SEAGULL 23 JEWELS DAY-DATE SELF-WINDING MOVEMENT

CASE : STAINLESS STEEL CASE & SCREW BACK WITH CZ STONE BEZEL

CROWN : ORIGINAL SCREW DOWN CROWN

WATER RESISTANT :TESTED 3 ATM

DIAL : MOTHER OF PEARL BLUE DIAL

BRACELET : STAINLESS STEEL SOLID SCREW LINKS BRACELET

SIZE : 42MM INCLUDING THE CROWN, LUGS TO LUGS 49MM

WEIGHT: 135g

LENGTH : 8 INCHS

CASE THICKNESS : 13MM

CONDITION : BRAND NEW

WARRANTY : 1 YEAR

comes with papers, warranty card etc.

1alpha.th.jpg

2alpha.th.jpg

3alpha.th.jpg

PRICE (with shipping): 34 € !! (Christmas offer)

The second watch is Rolex Yacht-master Asian 21J

MOVEMENT : Asian 21 jewels SELF-WINDING MOVEMENT

CASE : STAINLESS STEEL CASE & SCREW BACK WITH Stainless steel bezel

CROWN : SCREW DOWN CROWN

WATER RESISTANT : Not tested - keep away from water

BRACELET : STAINLESS STEEL SOLID SCREW LINKS BRACELET

SIZE : 42MM INCLUDING THE CROWN, LUGS TO LUGS 49MM

WEIGHT: 145g

LENGTH : 8 INCHS

CASE THICKNESS : 14MM

CONDITION : BRAND NEW

comes with no papers or box, only watch.

yachtmaster2.th.jpg

yachtmaster3.th.jpg

yachtmaster.th.jpg

Price (with shipping from UK): 90 € (+5% money handling)

So what do you think, what should I take ? Thank you for your vote ;)

PS: Watch will be only one small bonus from many other gifts.. so it is not the only thing :) just recently I wanted to add new watch to her collection :D

andygt

Choose your watch then your girlfriend.

Brightlight
Choose your watch then your girlfriend.

+1000

And go for the cheapest one, that Alpha looks like a bargain :D

JohnG

I haven't voted, just because what you get will depend a lot on how she feels about reps. I gave my GF an Hermes H-hour rep but she picked it out at the store and then I ordered it (from Ruby back when she was good). But I wouldn't buy a rep for a GF unless I knew she was cool with it.

KeNnY

does anybody know if the 21J Yachtmaster type has the sparkling dial, like what we have seen on ETA type ?

JohnG thanks :D well she knows that I am registered at rep forum, even when we were in Prague, I have bought her an Luis Vution bag (she love it !). There we have also saw this SAME Rolex Yachtmaster, for incredible 40€, but I hadn't have any money left :frusty: but I have secretly ask her if she would like this type of watch, she said it is nice. This the same was with the Alpha watch (witch is Rolex homage btw) and nobody can tell that she has got an rep. Normally 2 last watches what I have bought her, other girls / people have giving her compliments about the watch (she is seller in one market) last watch was Daytona homage, and most of people mistaken it for Rolex ;) today I must ask her again quietly, and we will see witch she will pick up.

OK made an decision. Rolie for the anniversary and Alpha for Christmas.. And she will have both of them :D

JohnG
does anybody know if the 21J Yachtmaster type has the sparkling dial, like what we have seen on ETA type ?

JohnG thanks :D well she knows that I am registered at rep forum, even when we were in Prague, I have bought her an Luis Vution bag (she love it !). There we have also saw this SAME Rolex Yachtmaster, for incredible 40€, but I hadn't have any money left :D but I have secretly ask her if she would like this type of watch, she said it is nice. This the same was with the Alpha watch (witch is Rolex homage btw) and nobody can tell that she has got an rep. Normally 2 last watches what I have bought her, other girls / people have giving her compliments about the watch (she is seller in one market) last watch was Daytona homage, and most of people mistaken it for Rolex ;) today I must ask her again quietly, and we will see witch she will pick up.

Yes, it is a shame to give away the surprise, but women are very hard to please, best if you can find out which she prefers. I like the Rolex, but best if she has the final vote!

:frusty:

barnes1990

Nice choice of watches, my girlfriend wants a white or pink Chanel J12 for Christmas, she even asked for a Rep! :)

KeNnY

barnes1990 thanks :) I have showed the Channel J12 to my girlfriend, and it is not her taste, so looks like, she only likes man type of watches :D (big stainless steel). Go check Reg (narikaa) photo album, or forum, he has got there great prices on Channel J12, and have different combination + shipping from UK so to you maybe 2-3 days from order :)

barnes1990

I'd love my girlfriend to want a Rolex! but its not going to happen haha!

Yea I will have a look and show her them tonight, I usually suprise her but seen as she knows i might aswell let her pick the one she wants. Thanks :)

KeNnY

you are welcome :) for the Channel watch, in my country, one our pop singer is wearing it. Her name is Dara Rollins :) look here :D

20080827002410_dara%20rolins_6.JPG

that white thing on her arm, is Channel J12 white ceramic

3.jpg

KeNnY

first, when I heard of this watch, I have asked my self "hmm ceramic watch, with ceramic bracelet, now that must be fragile!" And I still don't know, if it withstand normal day use :) Yes Robert has them, but quartz movement, even I don't really know if there is an Automatic movement of this watch.. You need to give her a question, if she wants accurate quartz or inaccurate automatic movement (2-7s per day) but sweeping hand :)

keep me posted, what she will pick :D

barnes1990

Ahhh i'm sure she will want the sweeping hand! See i didnt know that quartz wasn't sweeping! :) still learning you see! :)

i wont see her till late tonight due to COD:Black Ops! :D But i will keep you updated with what she says..

Thanks for that again!

tick tock

Nothing says I love you more than ROLEX! Good luck with your decision 1kenny1kenny, remember it's not the watch that she loves it's the person giving it to her :thumbsup:

KeNnY

yes tick tock ;) we feel the same same way :)

barnes1990
keep me posted, what she will pick :rofl:

I asked her last night and her reply was.... "I dont care about the movement i'm only bothered about what it looks like!" :huh: typical woman! :D

carlton

My girlfriend will be getting a Skagen from Denmark this Christmas, she pointed out some god awful plastic gold things in a magazine. I'm sure you've seen the Toy-Watch subs and all the other brands in a similar style ? They look like they were found in the trash round the back of a christmas cracker factory if you ask me.

I'll get her a nice Skagen that won't be out of style next summer, she likes all things minimal and Scandinavian so hopefully I'm barking up the right tree (and she'll stop stealing my G Shocks).

To the OP, I'd go with the Alpha if I were you. Might be worth checking out Alpha USA, I know he's struggling a bit at the moment and blowing out all his stock by the looks of it.

KeNnY

barnes1990 yes typical women !!! My said it also :D she don't care if it there will be ROLEX or Alpha, becasue, shze likes the look of the watches (and me also, I wear Parnis with no problem :D ). I wanted to buy Gshock white cream colour mud resistant, but my GF said it is awful :huh:

carlton thanks... will going tom buy them tonight ... Alpha USA is not the same as Alpha, what the watches what I have seen :rofl: they are a bit different from Alpha HK. And for me, shipping from HK is much lower than from USA.

Member X

lol

Women... :rofl::D

tick tock
keep me posted, what she will pick :)

I asked her last night and her reply was.... "I dont care about the movement i'm only bothered about what it looks like!" :huh: typical woman! :beer2:

Was she still talking about watches :D