Sign in to follow this  
edil

create your own watch?

edil

I'm sure some of you have felt the same way, but wouldn't be nice if you could actually order a watch that hasn't been build or rep'd yet.

Just imagine that, you say what you want and they'll create it for you and that charge you.

I mean they do have the materials and movement's and case shapes et cetera.

Would it be in there interest of building just one watch for a single costumer?

DEFINITELY NOT, and why would they.

Well is just a dream and a stupid silly suggestion.

What's your thoughts.

trailboss99
edil

That's not what i meant. Theese are places basicaly to compose the watch the way you want to, just like in breitling website.

What i meant was to choose it all. Shape, looks, dimension, dial, ect the way you want to, like when you tailor a suit, you choose the fabric, the whey it looks and feels, the buttons, not to choose from already done, limited options.

But thanks anyway

greg_r

People do it - but it involves having parts (case, hands, dial - maybe even the crystal) made and either paying a watchsmith to build it for you, or building it yourself. $$$$$

The real issue is that if you want your own design built, you need to be able to provide accurate drawings from which the parts can be made - otherwise you might as well just go the route that Col suggests and pick'n'mix from existing designs...

edil

Yes and if i knew something abouth watch movements and watches in profesional speaking matter that would have been perfect.

I was speaking more in a line of contacting the people who do replica watches, wherever they do their business, i don't think they have big factories and places like that, and just tell them what you have in mind and they'll build it for you, charge you and ship it to you.

But since they dont do that what is left is what you mentioned greg, build ypu own watch from scratch.

Member X

Someone has built their own Tourbillon entirely from scratch :thumbsup:

I can't find the link now, though!

trailboss99

We are building a Lambo in my sister's farther in law's garage.

And I mean a Lambo, not some lame arse rep, he built the space frame from memory of his days

as a competition engineer there. Jag V12 with a pair of huge Garrett tirbos, Lambo transaxle.

His son and myself are doing a Ferrari P4 at the same time. The F360 engine arrived a few weeks back.

Now, edil, you mean designing a whole new case from scratch, yes?

Col.

solkryssare

Pictures Col. Please

edil
Now, edil, you mean designing a whole new case from scratch, yes?

Yes, something like that. But instead doing it yourself, have the guy's who create replica watches do it for you.

Basicaly what i want to say is being that there are many watches not replicated, just ask for specific model or brand or like i said brand new watch from scratch for tham to build it.

That's nevere gonna happen.

Member X
We are building a Lambo in my sister's farther in law's garage.

And I mean a Lambo, not some lame arse rep, he built the space frame from memory of his days

as a competition engineer there. Jag V12 with a pair of huge Garrett tirbos, Lambo transaxle.

His son and myself are doing a Ferrari P4 at the same time. The F360 engine arrived a few weeks back.

Col.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... :blink:

Which Lambo?? The P4 will be stunning :wub:

Oh, and...

:thumbsup2:

edil

Yes indeed show us your sister's farther in law Lambo

:thumbsup2: