Sign in to follow this  
experience

Received My 1st Rep - Seamaster 300m Chrono - Couple of Questions

experience

Received my 1st rep last week, overall i'm very happy with it!

Being my 1st chrono watch, I'm not sure if the chrono's are working as they should or not?

Chrono:

3pm dial - this appears to move with the period of the day, for example if its 12 hours into the day (12pm) if will point at the 6pm position to show its half way into the day or as you can see in the images 15 on the dial - when the reset button is pressed it does nothing

6pm dial - this is a seconds hand and is not affected by the reset or any other button

9pm dial - when the main chrono (big red hand) is started, it counts the minutes, it resets back to the 12pm position when the reset button is pressed

Also when a month has 30 days instead of 31, i presume you have to manually change the date to the 1st? I've read there is a quickdate change on some watches - is this likely to be on this model?

Also is the Si14 on the rear of the watch meant to represent the serial number or is this rep missing a serial number?

Anything i should be careful about doing with the watch such as using the chrono timer?

2ypiw3k.jpg

2hplvmb.jpg

33ej0gn.jpg

10r37o0.jpg

2nvdjzt.jpg

2qckqop.jpg

33fgeaa.jpg

Duzza

Kind of ironic username huh? In all seriousness, I'm assuming you bought a quartz watch, if so these are the types of subdial functions you might typically see. ie not true to the genuine watch.

The Si14 isnt the serial no, it doesn't look like s SN been printed.

You will need to roll the date on in months with less than 31 days, yes.

Wriggles

Si14 represents the Omega Silicon balance spring in the Omega 8500 calibre. It's cosmetic, your rep certainly doesn't have it

Wriggles

As Duzza said this looks to be a quartz which won't operate as per gen, and the subdials will work as a quartz is expected to

Remember, the search box and Google is your friend. Try to use them

experience

thanks guys