Sign in to follow this  
carlton

Greetings from Norway

carlton

Great site, didn't know such a thing existed for replicas !

I have a G Shock / Seiko habit and a pretty full box, unfortunately I work in an airport and have to walk past displays of nice high end stuff ! I also have pilots waving their Breitlings in my face a bit too much. A new baby and just buying a new house means I can never save up for that 'special' watch. As soon as the watch fund builds up, it's gone on a G Shock or some such ;)

I did have a dabble with a Speedy Pro from the murky depths of Taobao, the dial was a bit off to be a perfect copy, but the impressive looking bracelet died on me the other day. The seller went to so much trouble with the box and papers, I just wish they'd done a bit of quality control first

Anyway, I'm not into the whole buying a clone to flash it about (I fully understand that's not the nature of this site btw) I just want something I can gaze at and tinker with, possible some pieces otherwise unobtainable.

I joined with the intention of finding a nice Daytona, I've already found watchesinternational with some great looking vintage Subs and Paul Newman pieces.. I daren't look into vintage Breitlings or I'm going to be 3 watches deep straight away :/

Thenks again !

Edited by carlton

trailboss99

LOL, only 3 deep? ;)

Welcome mate, make yourself at home and read, read, read.

Learn as much as you can before buying and ask lots of questions, that's why we are here.

For Daytonas, I'd stick to the vintage seconds at 9 versions, the seconds at 6 are very unreliable.

Col.

greg_r

hehe welcome to the asylum. Sounds like you've got the right approach - don't hesitate to ask if you're unsure of anything! ;)

mondeov6

Velkommen nabo!!... from a snowy Sweden!

You have found the right place for a rep lover!

Gerabit

Welcome carlton!

Greetings from Portugal!

matseponken

Välkommen...från andra sidan gränsen! Du vet den sidan som INTE har någon olja! :beer2: