Sign in to follow this  
chrish8

so how would you guys tell if these are Reps or Gens

chrish8
myaz

I'm not an Omega expert and others will jump in to help you train your eye. But you are asking for "any input".

-Colors are hard to judge on a monitor.

-Last seller only has a 75%+ feedback. That would rule him out for me.

-Lack of papers is not a deal breaker as many previous owners don't keep them.

-If you were seriously interested, you'd ask for a picture of the movement before buying. You would also take it straight to an AD immediately upon receipt.

nunu78

To my noob eyes , first one is replica . Other two look gen to me.

CedricWX

Lume is a disgrace at 5 6 7 & 8 on the first one. Definitely cannot be genuine.

Left Coast Guy

Its not that easy bud....I mean you can't just tell by looking sometimes, you need to have context, you need to understand the models offered, etc. Its not something you can really speed up by "training your eye" , its just a process of being around, reading and studying

Like for example, the first one, the Omega PO -- the listing states its a 2014 model, but its got the dial, bezel and crown from a PO 2500 which Omega stopped making in 2012. From 2013 forward, the PO has a metallic Omega logo, metallic numbers on the indices, and a notched bezel and crown. So I'm not sure its fake, it could be a 2009 model, but the Seller is clearly lying about it being a 2014 model....so that's not a good start.

The other two look fine to me. Both have warranty cards, so you can at least look at those and make sure the numbers match. For Omegas though its real easy, open the caseback and look at the mov't....you're not going to mistake the co-axial escapement or the double barrel mainsprings.

Overall, I'm fairly confident #1 is fake, the other two I can't tell, but would lean towards gens.

ashtree

They are all genuine.