Sign in to follow this  
Ruski91

Cartier Tank MC - Need Some Guidance

Ruski91

Hey Guys,

I was hoping some of you Cartier fans can help me out and provide some guidance. Before you jump down my throat, let me first state that I did all of my research. I have checked all three major Fora and i am getting bits and pieces of mixed information.

To my understanding there were several versions of this watch made.

Option A - 23J Asian Movement (Rotor states 25J)

Option B - Asian Movement (Identical to Option A but 27J on Rotor) - initially miss-priced and mislabeled as something else on Puretimes page.

Option C - Asian Movement with bad finish and 27J drawn on the rotor - quite sloppy and not engraved

Option D - Miyota Movement (Rotor States 25J)

Naturally this can get quite confusing - i know that the Gen has 27J on the rotor, seems like something rather simple, yet the factories missed it. From what I have read, it apears that most people are suggesting that the Asian 23J movement with 27J engraved or just the 25J engraved are the best option.

But i have a few questions, which seem to have been missed in all of the discussions.

1) What is going on with the cannon pinion - on the gen it is nice and small, but on the 'preferred' rep, it is wide as can be.

2) What is going on with the Date Font, many TD pictures have misaligned and rather small font for the DW.

Am i missing something or have these issues been addressed? It appears that the Miyota version also has a large CP, and Date doesnt look that great. I feel that this is an excellent watch and even better a beautiful dress watch with a lot of potential. I have done all of my research on this rep over the last two days, but i find myself asking the noobist of noob questions - which is the best Tank currently on the market? Is there a Tank MC with correct CP and correct rotor?

I feel like i am missing something, so if anyone has any info, can you please fill me in.