Sign in to follow this  
Ttrm007

A7750 Crown - Tag Heuer

Ttrm007

Ever since I got my Tag Heuer Grand Carrara Calibre 36 (a few years ago now), the crown has felt a little 'loose'. When pulled out, it kind of wobbled back and forth a little. So, I've basically just been careful and have had carefree wear.

Now, I have stripped out the treads on the screw in crown. I suspect this is because the side to side movement allowed me to cross thread it but who knows. Most important thing is that the crown does not screw in anymore.

I LOVE this watch and paid realtively high dollar for it from a rep persective since it is A7750 so I would really like to fix it.

I followd the information in these forums to remove the stem and crown successfully for inspection. just visually, it seems the treads in the tube are ok so it must be in the crown itself. Does anyone know were I can buy replacements? I would like to buy complete crown and stem together if possible.

I'm also going to attempt to remove and realign the hands too now that I'm into this thing. I bought the tools etc... a little nerveous!

Thanks,

Tom

Hornet

Ever since I got my Tag Heuer Grand Carrara Calibre 36 (a few years ago now), the crown has felt a little 'loose'. When pulled out, it kind of wobbled back and forth a little. So, I've basically just been careful and have had carefree wear.

Now, I have stripped out the treads on the screw in crown. I suspect this is because the side to side movement allowed me to cross thread it but who knows. Most important thing is that the crown does not screw in anymore.

I LOVE this watch and paid realtively high dollar for it from a rep persective since it is A7750 so I would really like to fix it.

I followd the information in these forums to remove the stem and crown successfully for inspection. just visually, it seems the treads in the tube are ok so it must be in the crown itself. Does anyone know were I can buy replacements? I would like to buy complete crown and stem together if possible.

I'm also going to attempt to remove and realign the hands too now that I'm into this thing. I bought the tools etc... a little nerveous!

Thanks,

Tom

Ask SSTEEL, he's the man.......

SSTEEL

Drop me a pm ;)

Hornet

See, you just have to call (or type.....) his name and he's there!

Ttrm007

I have sent a request to Katt and to Joshua (where I bought it) to see if either can source the stem/crown. I THINK the tube is ok just visually looking at it. How hard to replace the tube if needed?

Ttrm007

PM sent to SSTEEL!

SSTEEL

Received, just need a photo of your crown so I can cross check my stock ;)

Ttrm007

Received, just need a photo of your crown so I can cross check my stock ;)

Joshua has nice pics and video so you can see it close up. If you need a pick of stem, I'll have to take one. Upon inspection, it seems like the crown, but let me know if you have a tube as well as i might just get a 'kit'!

http://www.pf-818.com/tgca3610002-grand-carrera-calibre-ssss-black-a7750-p-8161.html

Ttrm007

Got it today and it looks GREAT! Thanks very much. Now the fun part.

SSTEEL

Good luck!