Sign in to follow this  
UmpaHimself

When Should I Sell Off?

UmpaHimself

Hey guys,

I am going to be moving back to Los Angeles full time next month. I need some funds and plan on taking the collection in a different direction. I would like to do a clear-out and maybe hold on to 5 watches. The problem is I have two watches hanging in M2M right now, one for a few months even. I think they are at a fair price but unfortunately not moving yet. So I am starting to get that this might not be the best time of year to sell a watch with many member's funds going in a more family oriented direction. ;)

So I ask, when would be a better time to sell, or should I just post them now? I have spent a long time building this collection and while I am not trying to charge top dollar I also don't want to see it go for pennies.

Genius

AFAIK the market decides the price so if you have one that didn't sell drop the asking price and it may move I done that a few times.... Got less than I expected but opened up funds for my next purchase

T0T0

I say put 'em up now. You never know who is holding out for the right one.

As for the others, keep bumpin em up. They'll sell eventually.

ShovelnTC

I have a few that I want to move on but am holding off until maybe late Jan as most of us are diverting funds to Christmas related expenses and I know for me at least this is not a good time for watch purchases.

nunu78
AFAIK the market decides the price so if you have one that didn't sell drop the asking price and it may move I done that a few times.... Got less than I expected but opened up funds for my next purchase

Did the same with my tag heuer calibre 16 and got the result

UmpaHimself

Did the same with my tag heuer calibre 16 and got the result

I get that and I may withdraw the AP I am talking about but more so just curious where members are at and if the majority would recommend waiting.

Genius

I listed a modded sub last week a lot less than I had spent on it! I took an offer £20 less than I asked but it sold in 2 hours. Just depends on how much you want to sell

myaz

People will be paying bills next month for what they now spend on Xmas. Some will get a Xmas bonus burning a hole in their pocket. On the other hand, CNY will favor M2M.

You have a better chance selling high priced items before Xmas and lower priced ones after. However, there's no telling when someone decides they want that special watch you have listed. Everybody loves a discount. Good luck

Simms

The problem is that many/most people already bought thier Christmas presents. I bought a watch for myself :) this year. Either way, if I were you I'd list them and see what happens. You're not forced to sell and you can always relist later if it doesn't work out this time around!

Good luck buddy

UmpaHimself

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to list them

N.Rico

+1 and good luck ,

we will be suporting :thumbsup2:

MikeAlmighty

Tax time

Irishcain

I've spent waaaaaaaay too much on Christmas, as have many members, so I'm not exactly jumping on anything new right now, however, I might find some spare change for something really nice. I say list 'me and see what happens

Gazzla

Take some really good pics of your watches.

In my experience, the better the pics the more money your watches will fetch.

I would say that 95% of the watches I've sold recently (about 15) sold within a couple of hours for the asking price. Pics!! ;)

narikaa

List them

Although it always seems that the world and its wife are dumping anything they have for a scratch of cash at this time of the year

remember

Its like fishing

you need hooks in the water

But

you only need one bite

;)

Pseudonym

Know the market. By that I mean, get a feel for which watches will sell well on this board, and what will sell well elsewhere.

I listed my franken sub here with no takers after a week. It was up on the geek for 30mins.

Be sure to search for similar sales & judge worth. What you paid for it may be far different to what another was bought for.

I say list them. Those that are looking to buy will buy.

greg_r

Worth bearing in mind that Chinese New Year (mid February) is often a good time for M2M sales due to the fact that most of the dealers are shut down for a couple of weeks :)