Sign in to follow this  
Stuvetjee

MB&F HM2 Rep Review

Stuvetjee

Hello all! :)

So finally last week i received the MB&F i bought from our sisterboards m2m. Im absolute happy and blown away by this rep quality!

Let me just get a bit back before continueing my story.

Three/four years ago this rep was stopped being produced by the repmakers. (have no clue why they didnt make it again though, since there are alot of people who still want this rep.)

So alot of members love this watch and began their long search journey after the MB&F. But none could get one, and they still are searching for this particular piece. I just visited the M2M section on rwgforum.net and by coincedence this piece showed up with some other pieces he had for sale.

I instantly PM'd him that i wanted to buy the watch (didnt even asked the condition, i just wanted it because its a rare bird.). I was first and got the watch! :D

When receiving the watch i was blown away with the quality of it. Its a 4/5 year old rep! Everything is crisp and smoothly done!

Every single meter or disk you see in the dial works just like the gen. Really have no idea how the repmakers achieved the same specs as the gen with just a simple 21J :o.

-So the left disk/wheel is the moonphase/gmt, and the arrow under the disk is the date ofcourse.

-On the right side you will find the hour disk on top, and the minute arrow underneath.

Crown is also located on the top, and can be setted when removing the quick release rep strap.

I also was impressed with the rep strap quality of these watches. Very thick and nice feeling leather!

Already contacted a strapmaker who is making me a tobacco brown strap with black stitching at the moment ;)

The watch really wears nice and comfortable! It doesnt give you the feeling youre walking around with a DJ booth around the wrist.

So watch details:

- 59mm x 50mm x15mm thick

-Movement: Asian 21J (perhaps can someone identify the movement?)

- hour, minute, date, moonphase

Now the pics!! :D

e3a5f554e911fbc959329122d1bd1d2f.jpg

b1178288f6495c0ab563861b2afd237e.jpg

d5db9a4edd014b15eaa5d8aa247f652c.jpg

339005d2a35b863eab7cc6ec48a17234.jpg

b754a155063df84e855afba937a9c757.jpg

88e3fae86f7512555707bb46829c9b3b.jpg

fa239c21a90cdd829ff8574100153154.jpg

Thanks for looking guys! :)

Stuvetjee

Wristie!

ea75a29635d01f3e4bd401eb24424e6d.jpg

Member X

That's an uncommon find, congrats on finding what you were looking for :)

Stuvetjee
That's an uncommon find, congrats on finding what you were looking for :)

Thanks mate! :)

Martijn0007

Very nice! Congrats on the awesome find!

Not my favourite case color/material, but still is an awesome looking piece! :notworthy:

Xpletiv

That's got to be murder to service!

I like those dials.

midasmook

Cool.

vkvammen

A great watch!

I have tried for several years to get a hold of one of these, but sadly no luck.

rickyrosey

Looks very good mate, next to this version and my version with black and gold details the only other mb&f rep i ever saw was a full gold one so i only know of 3 of these reps so very rare keep good care of it

Paparolf

Don't get it myself, but hey each to their own so enjoy.

Mike 1108

Very rare and unusual piece. Sometimes the hunt is half the fun.

I couldn't wear it - it would appear to be potentially uncomfortable - and I'd have to check my iPhone to find out the time.

But it looks really good on you.

Congratulations on your find and enjoy it.

H3RACL3S

Wow... Lucky man ! I'm looking also for this exact version... Really hard to find considering no one source it anymore... It's just beautiful ...

Stuvetjee

Very nice! Congrats on the awesome find!

Not my favourite case color/material, but still is an awesome looking piece! :notworthy:

That's got to be murder to service!

I like those dials.

Cool.

Wow... Lucky man ! I'm looking also for this exact version... Really hard to find considering no one source it anymore... It's just beautiful ...

Thanks mates! Still on the wrist after the purchase ;). Soon going to SSTEEL since the minute hand is a bit loose. Going to ask Micky if he can shoot alot of pics of the rep construction :)

Stuvetjee

Looks very good mate, next to this version and my version with black and gold details the only other mb&f rep i ever saw was a full gold one so i only know of 3 of these reps so very rare keep good care of it

Thanks mate will do! Already have a custom made strap in process, but i need 28mm quick release springbars. Do you know where to get such large quick release pins? Cant seem to find them on the interwebs...

Stuvetjee

Very rare and unusual piece. Sometimes the hunt is half the fun.

I couldn't wear it - it would appear to be potentially uncomfortable - and I'd have to check my iPhone to find out the time.

But it looks really good on you.

Congratulations on your find and enjoy it.

Thanks a mil. Mike. At first i thought it looked big too, but it wears really comfortable since the crown is on top :).

Really wanted this piece so bad, and then suddenly one popped on M2M on the other rwg. So instantly bought it :lol: