Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

Breitling - genuine dial swap issues to watch out for., Not all dials are direct swaps into rep cases.

onzenuub

Originally posted on RWG.cc and with permission of the creator Ziggyzumba posted on this board.

Most dimensions are critical when it comes to watch work, especially when your swapping rep parts for genuine ones.

Some dimensions have to be exact, of the swap is impossible. There seems to be some misunderstanding or misbelief when it comes to swapping Breitling dials.

If the dial bezel or rehaut is not IDENTICAL in thickness between the rep and genuine dial, you CAN"T swap the genuine dial, WITHOUT swapping the rep rehaut to the genuine dial to maintain the alignment.

I can't remember any chrono type Breitlings I have done where I didn't have to swap the rehaut between dials, I may have had one that the dimensions were the same, but it's not coming to me at the moment.

If the rehaut is not identical, you can't do the swap...

Here's why...easy to see the thickness difference, I don't have to do anything further to confirm, this swap is not possible...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

But since some would have you believe that you should take everything I say with a grain of "salt", here you go... :D

4.jpg

5.jpg

And now with the Genuine dial...

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

This should clear up any confusion or doubts...

Thanks for reading.

RG

greg_r

that's quite a difference in height - I wouldn't have expected it to be that much. Interesting.