Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Jakob & Co

Member X

Now I know they produce some bonkers stuff (I think they make a movement with a 31 day power reserve?) but they do also seem to sell some overpriced crap designed to make ££££ off the name...

For example - I was in a local 'Cash Converters' at the weekend (a pawn shop type of place for everything, not just jewellery and watches, for those who aren't familiar) and I saw they had one of these in the display but with a diamond bezel:

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Jacob---C...-47mm/JC-1.html

I actually had to google for that link to check if it was supposed to be quartz - even at a secondhand price of £1500, I thought it was stupidly overpriced for what it is... Just 5 cheap quartz movements in a big watch with a few cheap diamonds on the bezel! Crazy!! And people buy them for what must be £3k+ new?? Mental.

I guess it's no different to what people pay for a Rolex Sub (especially the new ceramic ones that appear to cost a fortune for no good reason) but still... At least Rolex marketing guff and tight control on supply means they hold their value pretty well!

KBH

That's one ugly watch.

Copy%20of%20jc-1--1_main.jpg

Member X

But it came with 5 straps, one of each of the dial colours!

Hater ;)

:facepalm:

KBH
But it came with 5 straps, one of each of the dial colours!

Hater :(

:lol:

I wouldn't be seen in public with someone wearing that watch. Even if she was HOT!

:rofl:

greg_r
That's one ugly watch.

No, that's FIVE ugly watches in a single.... err... I hesitate to say 'case' ... erm, oh yes 'turd' is the word I was looking for :lol:

NFleischer

$5000 new? Try $15,000- 20,000! They have a store here in NYC, the prices are crazy.

I don't even think the rappers wear them anymore. It seems like alot of that crowd has moved on to the APROO,

much nicer watch obviously.

carlton

Looks like it should have died in the 80's.