Sign in to follow this  
Hornet

Christmas Present from the wife; watch box and travel cases.....

Hornet

The wife asked me several months ago what I'd like for Christmas and I said that I'd really like a watch box and a watch travel case. I waited nervously (as I'm a fussy fucker about this sort of thing....) and wondered what she would get me, but I really didn't need to worry as she came up trumps :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

First up is the watch box, I've no idea where she actually bought this from or how much she spent (I'll find out if anyone is really interested....), but I love it. Black piano finish is very good and the inside is very well finished, cushions are perfectly sized and it all feels like a quality item.

Note the 'comedy' watch in the box; my daughter liked it so much she put her watch in it :rofl:. This is after the recent clear out, so I'm down three watches that I gave away and have one more incoming and am waiting on a TD to confirm availability of another potential member.......

P1040607_zps5c85f6ae.jpg

P1040608_zps40ad0252.jpg

P1040604_zpsd0a72d00.jpg

P1040605_zps0fc2a0e5.jpg

P1040606_zps4541197c.jpg

P1040609_zpsf74116d9.jpg

Interestingly she said "Are you having a one in one out rule on watches now?", I said OK, seeing as there are several slots free!

Second up are the travel cases, have got two of these, but only showing one. These are Casebudi, they are OK, but for big-ish watches (PO, Pam's, etc) it is a little tight to get the case zipped up and as well they don't have much padding, but they are better than nothing.

P1040611_zpsbec5466a.jpg

P1040612_zpsca854880.jpg

P1040614_zps9e94c703.jpg

elp

We won't judge you on your pink watch Hornet, no need to invent a backstory :lol:

Nice presents, enjoy them!

ag69

Nice watch box. I was curious what outfit the pink watch would go with before reading your post. The watch case looks exactly like the earphone case I have for a pair of shure earphones I have. I guess I'll try putting a watch in there to see how it fits.

dalboy

Looking good Bill.

Thumbs up to the missus, remind here next time she moans about your watches that she just encouraged you with an empty box that needed to be filled .

Dont you find that Pink job will clash with your lippy .. :lol: .

H.N.Y

Dal.

Hornet

Ok, ok, you've got me. The pink one is my favourite, but it is gen and does have a 45,000bpm Swiss movement....

.....outfit? My pink tutu of course. Clash with the lippy Dal? You told me it all looked lovely last night!

Hornet
Nice watch box. I was curious what outfit the pink watch would go with before reading your post. The watch case looks exactly like the earphone case I have for a pair of shure earphones I have. I guess I'll try putting a watch in there to see how it fits.

I'd imagine that a 40mm watch would be OK, what I'm not so sure on is the lack of padding.

kiki8704

Thats a beautiful box! I was after something similar, just without the glass/plastic display.

Does the piano black finish smudge or pick up fingerprints easy?

HeavyKrush

Very nice. Like the key. I have a couple of the travel cases from Dave (D_Chico) and my 40mm watches are a bit rattle'y inside but not much.

Hornet
Thats a beautiful box! I was after something similar, just without the glass/plastic display.

Does the piano black finish smudge or pick up fingerprints easy?

Nope, it seems to stay mark free. But I have been cleaning it obsessively....

Hornet
Very nice. Like the key. I have a couple of the travel cases from Dave (D_Chico) and my 40mm watches are a bit rattle'y inside but not much.

My PO and Pam's don't rattle as I can only just do up the zip....

....key is utterly pointless, but looks nice!

Jooost

Nice on mate! Which watch is incoming from a TD?

Hornet

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 in SS, cheap Quartz version from WI, exactly the same as the PVD version I sold on recently.....

Jooost

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 in SS, cheap Quartz version from WI, exactly the same as the PVD version I sold on recently.....

Nice one! Enjoy that one and ofcourse the christmas presents ;)

Duzza

Had what looks like the same box for Xmas too. Mine was from watch-winder.co.uk

Hornet

Thanks fella, I'm loving the watch box and will be enjoying filling all the empty slots! Did you get anything nice?

Also, how is the project coming along?

Hmmm, will ask the missus then....

Jooost

Thanks fella, I'm loving the watch box and will be enjoying filling all the empty slots! Did you get anything nice?

Not yet, been a crazy and expensive month! But problably gonna go for a Steelfish white dial with brown leather strap. Next month I think!

Didn't get any further with the watch. Got two hands in, still waiting for some more. This because I need to make the holes smaller, and thats gonna be a bit of a nightmare I think... Also next month I'm gonna start it up again, not in a hurry ^^

Hornet

Not yet, been a crazy and expensive month! But problably gonna go for a Steelfish white dial with brown leather strap. Next month I think!

Didn't get any further with the watch. Got two hands in, still waiting for some more. This because I need to make the holes smaller, and thats gonna be a bit of a nightmare I think... Also next month I'm gonna start it up again, not in a hurry ^^

Glad to see that you've not given up on the watch!

Steelfish sounds nice, who are you gonna get it from? I'm also trying to get a Tag aquaracer 500m, but TD hasn't come back to me on availability yet....

Duzza

Steelfish sounds nice, who are you gonna get it from? I'm also trying to get a Tag aquaracer 500m, but TD hasn't come back to me on availability yet....

Chrono it non chrono, I can't decide? Toro reckons he can get both btw.

Hornet

Life is full of difficult decisions eh?

Duzza

Life is full of difficult decisions eh?

First world problem for sure.

Jooost

Yeah, slow but its going forward! Had a quick look on torro's website. Did go much further yet. Looking at the chrono! It just fits the watch

Robvs

I love my travel Case Budi case like the one pictures. I just wish that there was a way to store my wedding band in the center of the closed watch without it banging around into the bracelet. Version 2.0 should have a little dedicated cylinder in the middle of the circle. Just food for thought.