Sign in to follow this  
wombosi

TIP: Bergeon 6111-style springbar tool

wombosi

A few weeks ago I was looking for a good springbar tool which could help me change my straps. After some reading it became clear that the Bergeon 6111 was the tool to go. However this tool costs around $30, which is reasonable, but I found it a bit too much for a (simple) tool I only use a couple of times a year.

Luckily there were the Chinese people who just make replica's of everything available!

I stumbled upon this tool on Ebay > a Bergeon 6111-style springbar tool for only $4 including shipping.

I recieved it a couple of days ago, and I'm very satisfied with it so far!

Ofcourse it is not as good as the 'real' one, but I thought it was worth sharing this with you guys as you can't really have a bad buy for $4.

EDIT: Just saw that a similar tool is also being offered in the RWG shop for a similar price. My bad... :thumbsup:

Edited by wombosi

greg_r

Shame you didn't check our own member shop first. The RWG shop sells a wide range of tools and parts - usually better quality than you'll get on eBay and much cheaper than you'll find elsewhere (basically wholesale prices).

Click the button in the toolbar above to see what's on offer.

wombosi

I just noticed that indeed. See my edit above.

Let this be a lesson for all the other noobs around here too! Always check the RWG shop first... :thumbsup:

Here is link to the tool in the RWG shop

Edited by wombosi