Sign in to follow this  
jonhcox

Advice on my next Rolex rep purchase...

jonhcox

Hi all,

Second post here. Had my rep itch satiated by ordering the Ceramic bezel Sub with the Asian ETA from TS. I'm stunned, flabbergasted, all that jazz. The watch is really pretty phenomenal. That said, I was looking into my next purchase. I still am wanting to fill my Rolex rep quota and wanted the DSSD, but given my $190 budget, I want to wait and really do it right with that particular piece, maybe a BK, given the reviews. So I am going to get the standard Submariner with the steel bezel instead. So, this brings me to my question. For $190 clams, any thoughts and critiques on say the Timesshop, Replicamake, T4D, etc versions? I'm looking for good SEL fit to the lugs, good pearl, and I figure one or two of you probably have bought from some of the various trusted dealers here, and would have some input. I know I can use the search function and get a lot of info but I'm looking for straight up opinions.

Many thanks and Martini's for everyone- I don't care what time it is.

-Jon

Edited by jonhcox

AND1
Hi all,

Second post here. Had my rep itch satiated by ordering the Ceramic bezel Asian ETA from TS. I'm stunned, flabbergasted, all that jazz. The watch is really pretty phenomenal. That said, I was looking into my next purchase. I still am wanting to fill my Rolex rep quota and wanted the DSSD, but given my $190 budget, I want to wait and really do it right with that particular piece, maybe a BK, given the reviews. So I am going to get the standard Submariner with the steel bezel instead. So, this brings me to my question. For $190 clams, any thoughts and critiques on say the Timesshop, Replicamake, T4D, etc versions? I'm looking for good SEL fit to the lugs, good pearl, and I figure one or two of you probably have bought from some of the various trusted dealers here, and would have some input. I know I can use the search function and get a lot of info but I'm looking for straight up opinions.

-Jon

Hi all,

Second post here. Had my rep itch satiated by ordering the Ceramic bezel Asian ETA from TS. I'm stunned, flabbergasted, all that jazz. The watch is really pretty phenomenal. That said, I was looking into my next purchase. I still am wanting to fill my Rolex rep quota and wanted the DSSD, but given my $190 budget, I want to wait and really do it right with that particular piece, maybe a BK, given the reviews. So I am going to get the standard Submariner with the steel bezel instead. So, this brings me to my question. For $190 clams, any thoughts and critiques on say the Timesshop, Replicamake, T4D, etc versions? I'm looking for good SEL fit to the lugs, good pearl, and I figure one or two of you probably have bought from some of the various trusted dealers here, and would have some input. I know I can use the search function and get a lot of info but I'm looking for straight up opinions.

-Jon

What was the first watch that you purchased?

baruch
Hi all,

-Jon

save up a little money and buy the ddsd with 10 inch correct bezel from mary.

jonhcox

Edited the original post- Ceramic bezel Sub with the Asian ETA mov't. The plan is to buy the DSSD later. For now I'm looking for a decent Sub that fits within the budget.