Sign in to follow this  
Kwt

My latest acquisation......a Casio! Pics inside lol.

Kwt

Hey all,

Well after being truly fk'd off that my last rep lasted me all of 1 month before it topped out on me, I've decided to buy a trusty casio as a watch to bum around in.

It's model number GW-M5610BC-1ER. I got it from watchshop for the bargin price of £82. This is with discount code.

Some of the cool specs.

- Negative Display. Gives the watch a blacked out look. Also quite smart enough to wear formally.

- Like all G Shocks - highly resistant to impacts.

- Unlike most G Shocks - this square model is very low key, very light and sits great on the wrist.

- It also has a unique combination of SS and resin band. The band felt easy to adjust. Just needed a paper clip to push the spring bars out. Felt great not worrying about stripping a rep screw!

- It supports 6 radio bands - basically means at 12pm every night it will "check in" via radio waves via it's built in receiver to make sure it's timekeeping is always accurate and adjust itself automatically if need be. This is valid for Europe, The United States and Japan AND China.

- Solar Power!!! Quartz battery changes are so expensive these days. This is constantly charging from sunlight and artificial light and can survive 10 months in total darkness. No more worrying about picking watch up worrying it won't start.

- Water proof to 200metres.

Basically annoyed with reps at the mo. I was contemplating buying a cheap 21J watch but I thought is it worth it. Still about £100 odd quid from a TD but now I feel I just want a watch that is low maintenance and will hopefully never break down on me. Gonna wear it for exercise, squash and nights out on the razz where I don't worry about losing my expensive gen/reps.

Enjoy the pics next to my Hulk.

20150106_154706_zps80fdecd9.jpg

20150106_155232_zpsda7f53ad.jpg

20150106_154808_zps5fadcaa5.jpg

20150106_154826_zps40eff85d.jpg

20150106_154752_zps9922e8ee.jpg

20150106_154737_zps79dee976.jpg

20150106_154847_zpsd95baf9e.jpg

20150106_154946_zps6ab2a7bc.jpg

20150106_154903_zpse36521f0.jpg

20150106_155009_zps05dce20c.jpg

20150106_155038_zps47ed5e73.jpg

20150106_155104_zps44e41d92.jpg

20150106_155132_zpsc6fc5f60.jpg

20150106_155144_zps00e039ec.jpg

20150106_155201_zps7a89bde8.jpg

Genius

That is a beauty!

I am a sucker for the G Shocks especially the 5600 shape, i used to have one like that til I somehow smashed the screen, only g shock I ever managed to break

tonyh7

Now that's a serious f*king watch. My Gshock has been round the world a few times with me and under a fair few oceans. It wouldn't be first choice for a dress watch but if you want to know the correct time in the water that's the go to time piece! And that one mah fren looks like the king of Gshocks!!!!!

Kwt

That is a beauty!

I am a sucker for the G Shocks especially the 5600 shape, i used to have one like that til I somehow smashed the screen, only g shock I ever managed to break

Thanks bud. Yeah the 5600 squares are much nicer over the traditional shapes. This is 43mm and doesn't wear big at all and I have like tiny wrists.

Kwt

Now that's a serious f*king watch. My Gshock has been round the world a few times with me and under a fair few oceans. It wouldn't be first choice for a dress watch but if you want to know the correct time in the water that's the go to time piece! And that one mah fren looks like the king of Gshocks!!!!!

Hahaha thanks man.

KarmaToBurn

Very nice. Is the coupon code still active?

Kwt

Very nice. Is the coupon code still active?

It is man - it OFFER6 and valid for January. 6% off.

MetalMickey

I like the negative display. Rather cool.

SSTEEL

I do like the negative display too, I didn't know you could get them out the box like that. Never owned, or even considered a G-Shock, but would come in handy for those days when I am working outside at the summerhouse each year.

Is the bracelet plastic, or DLC metal? I better read your text now as I have only looked at your photos :P

EDIT > Just read your text now, I'm sold, loving this one mate.

Kwt

That's the one pal. Seriously you can't lose. Not at this price. A few years ago - this model or similar ones were at least $200. Make sure you use the coupon code as well.

The bracelet on it's own is worth at least £60 and has micro adjustment at the clasp to get the perfect fit. I know you are a master modder but even I could adjust these springs bars with absolute ease. They came out so easily compared to reps and all done with a paperclip!

Edited by Kwt

SSTEEL

I forgot to ask, how long did it take from online purchase to delivery mate?

Thanks again for everything, looking forward to receiving this, I have a few quartz watches in my collection, but none I can wear when manually working out doors chopping firewood up, and general land up keep work, so this will be perfect.

Kwt

Hahaha lol mate you made the right choice, honestly I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Always nice to own a gen once in a while ;)

Watchshop were pretty efficient. They post things special delivery so I got mine next day. I know you are EU based so at a push....maybe a week?

SSTEEL

Ok, cool, usually a few days or so from UK.

Del

That looks pretty cool actually! :thumbsup2:

edwinowl

Don't get me started too. Looks great and a real outdoor everyday watch. I'm tempted.

SSTEEL

Got my confirmation of my order, and that it should be shipped to me today :)

I have to admit, I'm quite excited.

SSTEEL

And its dispatched :D

Kwt

Haha mate I was geninuely excited as well in receiving mine. It was really cool checking it this morning as it time stamps when it receives the latest radio wave time update and then shows a nice RCVD sign :)

I warn you though - the instructions book is THICK. Took me a while to get my head around it all........not like pulling the crown out to adjust the time lol and that's it.

SSTEEL

I'm used to instruction books, they usually go unread until I'm stumped lol.

SSTEEL

Damn, tracking number not live yet. :lol: I should know better by now :P

meenahman

Not going to lie really want to order one too it's amazing

KarmaToBurn

I wish I could order but they'll only ship it to EU. ????