Sign in to follow this  
Mrj858

Finally join the Pam club

Mrj858

We'll after about 7 Rolexs finally decide to hope on the Pam wagon.just picked this beaut up on M2M and am in love

IMG_1756_zps77d4b593.jpg

IMG_1757_zpsbffa1593.jpg

IMG_1756_zps77d4b593.jpg

Mrj858
IMG_1758_zps332f3572.jpg

Gazzla

Congrats.

You are now doomed. :lol:

Hornet

Welcome to the club! Looks like a good lume on that one!!

glight2000

I never understood the fascination with PAMs. They all look alike, they're too big and impossible to track in the forums given that everybody just assumes a universal knowledge of the model number.

Then, I picked up a 111, started learning (and appreciating) the differences among the models, and haven't worn much else but PAMs since.

Genius

Mice, its a 299 if I'm not mistaken, about the only PAM other than the 438 that I can recognise by number lol as its the one I have!

Lovely watch wear it well

Paparolf

Nice watch mate and good photos.Welcome to the Pam club :giggle:

sunbites

I think PAM will be the next gen I'm getting :-/

Bidle

Don't like the brand's customer support, but do like a lot of their models. Thinking of buying a 329, but not sure yet.

Make sure you get a lot of nice straps,.... that's, at least for me, the fun part of Panerai.

Edited by Bidle

sunbites

Don't like the brand's customer support, but do like a lot of their models. Thinking of buying a 329, but not sure yet.

Make sure you get a lot of nice straps,.... that's, at least for me, the fun part of Panerai.

Rollie support is TRAGIC.

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, I turned into a PAM-aholic too. Happened a little slowly, and next thing I knew I had 7! 382, 090, 089E, 195, 505, 127, 253i....and still on the lookout for a SS Radi and maybe a titanium sub, either the 305 or 389.

I think they're just great casual wear watches and the straps make them a lot more flexible for changing styles. Put a black croc strap on my 127 and its a pretty formal looking piece, but switch out for a distressed ammo and its pretty dressed down. I've tried to to the same with other brands and just doesn't work so smoothly.

strozzi

Congrats, the 299 is such a great first choice. I recommend never changing the strap- get another model for that. It was my second PAM and I find myself going for it almost everyday.

Dr. Jimmy

The 299 is lovely, regret selling mine.

Bidle

Rollie support is TRAGIC.

No it depends,.. in our country they have their own service point. Actually I'm very happy with their service. Had a few problems and they always fixed it. Even one time with my 2003 expII, which I bought new in 2003 and it was a long time out of warranty (2012). I noticed something was slightly off,.. they fixed it and even gave the watch a service for free!!

Also of-course depending on your dealer and the relation you've with them. Here some other examples of my Rolex dealer.

Needed pushpins for my SD,.. not problem just take them.

Needed a new DateJust for my son, but he was born to early so the watch wasn't in stock,... they just changed the dial very quickly and delivered it immediately.

Always got a nice discount even on my Daytona's.

And got many more examples of the outstanding service of Rolex.

Panerai kept me waiting for 2 years for the 292 than again 2 years for the 317 with at the end,.. ooh sorry we decided to sell it only through our boutique,....???? Needed an extra set of screws to come with a new watch,... had to wait for 1,5month after buying the watch and had pay for them.

292 had the glass not fitted in completely right,.. took them 6 months to repair it and even tried to charge me for it,.... if I would banged my watch and moved the glass without knowing it.

Don't want to hijack OP's topic so back on-topic. It is a nice watch enjoy it!!

Edited by Bidle

sunbites

Yeah, I had experienced with rolex what you did with Pam; at least in the UK. I bought my watch in gstaad and UK didnt want to support the watch at all; what they said was - £500 and we'll ship it to rolex. .o/

when I broke my World Time Patek i had it fixed within a month at no cost. And I broke it.

Hughmungus

My names Hugh and I'm a PAM aholic.

Not a steel bracelet fan myself but it goes well

I'm on my third and researching my next. I must sell some of my first 21j buys to fund another though.

Edited by Hughmungus

MDK

Nice, i love a Pam on Steel.

nofitstate

Great choice, my first ever rep and still in my top 5 reps I own. I really need to buy another, just so I have a box fresh one to look at :)

nunu78

Congrats, wear in good health.

markeym3

In ever understood the Pam thing ,,, now I have to have at least one in the collection ,,, bronzo still for me ,,,enjoy your new "direction"

mrbobdobalina

We'll after about 7 Rolexs finally decide to hope on the Pam wagon.just picked this beaut up on M2M and am in love

That looks great. I have a gen and am seriously considering selling it as some of the reps now are pretty darn good. I did the strap thing for a long time but most recently keep mine on an aftermarket SS bracelet for a similar look to the 299.

JMMC

hahaha,

your first PAM after a good bunch of ROL and obviuosly you choose a PAM with a Rollie look, lots of SS !

Nice watch indeed, enjoy the dark side :-)

EBWing

I am telling you once you get use to panerai you will look at a rolex like it's a pile of shit! Beauty by the way! I actually have 3 pams coming in the mail tomorrow!!!! Pam332, Pam520 and DSN FIDDY! :D

Mrj858

I've taken it of maybe twice since I've gotten it,seriously might be my new favorite watch

I have a watch problem

Is that a 297? Just got mine and am BLOWN AWAY!

D623E907-6E98-4D0E-AF52-26B4C2A5CD9B_zps3auvph7t.jpg

Getting a 438 next that beast is SEXY and the gunmetal / ceramic is just super duper cool plus the display caseback.