Sign in to follow this  
marts500

Why is it.......

marts500

I am about to buy my 1st rep.Hopefully a auto navitimer 9-6-3.Why is it though after going to such painstaking lengths to copy this wristwatch they didn't produce their own datewheels with the correct Breitling font or manage to print the slide rule digits so they're up against the glass.My 2 pointers when comparing gens to reps.

Are they working on this ...?

Cheers

houndoggie
I am about to buy my 1st rep.Hopefully a auto navitimer 9-6-3.Why is it though after going to such painstaking lengths to copy this wristwatch they didn't produce their own datewheels with the correct Breitling font or manage to print the slide rule digits so they're up against the glass.My 2 pointers when comparing gens to reps.

Are they working on this ...?

Cheers

Just because.

They can do it no problem, they just don't care too because everyone buys them anyway. Maybe deep down, just maybe, the rep makers feel that if they perpetuate this little flawed details, then they aren't committing the infringement that they are. Heck if I know!!!

greg_r

Who knows?

Occasionally they get it near perfect (viz. SOH v2) the rest of the time they're close but not perfect. The Navi is a decent but mildly flawed rep - whether we see a better version is open to question. Personally, I have my doubts - it tends to be the really fashionable stuff that gets regular revisions. The navi is a steady seller, but no longer a watch that is setting the forums alight.

In addition to the problems you mention, there's also the issue of the sunken datewheel, which is the issue that would bug me the most. Still a nice rep, though.