Sign in to follow this  
JDM180

21J second hand stopping

JDM180

Hi guys ,

Got a 21j where the second hand keeps stopping ( usually same place ) , have checked hand clearence and its not that , have ran it outside of the case to make sure it wasnt the crystal and still stops , have removed and refitted hands and no change. A very slight tap and it carrys on its way...

Noticed if i was a bit heavier with the hand fitters pushing the second hand on it stuck completly , just lightly placed it but still stopped ...

Any ideas before it goes in the bin ?

Mechwarrior

Buy a miyota 8215 and change crappy dg2813 ;)

Daywatch

Hi, when it´s the same place usually it´s one of the points You already tried: hands catching each other - touching crystal - touching dial..

JDM180

100% the hands not catching , ive had it running out of the case and checked the hands and cant see anything ( stops on other side of the hands anyway )

the whole movement stops i.e balance wheel stops too. Ive had a blower on it but no change.

Even lightly picking it up sets it off again :s

It was just a broken movment from a previous repair that i was trying to fix so be nice to get it up and running again , no need for a new movment.

Edited by JDM180

D_Chico

Probably a small piece of dirt or something stuck on the fourth wheel..take a can of compressed air and gently spray inside the movement away from the hairspring and balance assembly

JDM180

Thanks! If i get a picture could you tell me which the forth wheel is ? ( take it that is the second hands wheel )

Is there anything on the front ( behind dial ) that could cause this as well ? ( just wondering if im wasting my time opening the front end up again ) ,ive checked once for debri but couldnt see anything.