Sign in to follow this  
DnAtazz

Trusty Time Rolex GMT Master 2

DnAtazz

just bought a swiss replica rolex gmt master 2 from trusty time. watch cost me $398US which total cos with shipping came to $513 Canadian and arrived on monday. Time piece itself looks great, band kinda flimsy and the date window does not look like older replica rolexes (gen version looks exactly the same).

took the watch to get checked to see if it was actual swiss eta movement,once the case back was open at first look the movement looked like actual rolex movement and high quality swiss eta movement. at a closer look the movement is asian clone movement not even swiss eta movement, deemed a poor quality asian movement. certified swiss repairman i took it too said because the movement is cheap asian movement that if something goes wrong i either send it back to get fixed or throw it in the garbage. if the watch came with actual swiss movement (like the website advertised) he would have no problem fixing the movement if anything went wrong because he has the parts in stock.

after some e-mails from andrew he said the movement modified swiss calibre bridges and rotor are asia parts. main calibre is definitely swiss eta. place i took it too confirm the movement has no swiss parts in it at all. I asked because i paid for swiss movement which i got asian movement, i should get $90 back as the asian movement on his website sells for $308 and that is what i got.

DSC03754.jpgDSC03753.jpgDSC03755.jpgDSC03756.jpgDSC03757.jpg

black263

Sorry, but no sympathy. If you had read before buying you would have seen #3 on http://www.rwg.bz/bo...p?showtopic=39. and #4 on http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930

Both of these are in the "New Members Start Here" link in bright red on the home page. Which you did read, didn't you?

datguy

Sir you should have done your research. Never pay extra for "Swiss." You're gonna get Asian clone no matter what they advertise. Better luck next time.

Kemist

How did you research for this purchase?

DnAtazz

I did do my research, comparing the pictures on the website too pictures on rolex.com and asking questions, etc before i bought. I wanted one with the modified movement that looks like rolex movement. If the website would have said asian clone swiss movement, i would have got just the cheaper watch. I ordered 5 watches from china between 2005-2009 with all 5 having actual swiss eta 2832 movement verified by swiss watch dealer. I have always had good luck with swiss replica's and would pay a little extra because they last way longer than asian replica's and being swiss movement they can be fixed in canada unlike asian movement that pretty much garbage

YaYoGakk

There's no "swiss". There's asian movements of varying quality.

Ishmael

The only real Swiss are in Switzerland, and they ain't sellin' you shit for $398.

Duzza
There's no "swiss". There's asian movements of varying quality.

Who's told you that?

datguy
I did do my research, comparing the pictures on the website too pictures on rolex.com and asking questions, etc before i bought. I wanted one with the modified movement that looks like rolex movement. If the website would have said asian clone swiss movement, i would have got just the cheaper watch. I ordered 5 watches from china between 2005-2009 with all 5 having actual swiss eta 2832 movement verified by swiss watch dealer. I have always had good luck with swiss replica's and would pay a little extra because they last way longer than asian replica's and being swiss movement they can be fixed in canada unlike asian movement that pretty much garbage

It's my understanding that it is pretty much impossible to get real Swiss nowadays. Maybe a few years ago it was possible, but not so anymore.

conx

....and you did this research, purchased the watch and had it delivered from China - all since you joined yesterday? Good work!

Rob Roy

Clone ETA movements are more often than not reliable.

Swiss movements in Reps come with clone parts so parts are interchangeable between movements therefore can be sourced , Scour the sales forums for a broken clone movement and buy and keep it for parts.

Col

Daywatch

Hi, there are no swiss any more. So You are $90 down but still have a working rep which is what matters. Next time You know about and go for the cheaper one directly. For some $105 there are replacement Asian GMT movements should it need something sometime. Enjoy the watch, it´s what it´s all about.

PS: .. and carefully consider other TDs for future purchases as well

Area401

Sorry To Hear That DnAtazz...????

BTW; Do You Know What Factory(maker)This GMT Came From...?

*i been looking for a good looking BIG numbers bezel and this one looks like it's it.

drmdtsap

I am terribly sorry to hear this. My friend you should have read the noob's buying guide first. I was also about to do the same mistake with a supposed to be swiss ETA. First i was a pain in the ass here, posting questions about who has the best rolex rep, if this or that from this or that TD, if this or that is worth buying etc... Then i did a lot of reading here, and slowly was getting into the game. My lesson-also i made some wrong choices- was always buy a model that is replicated well and not just buy the rep of the gen model you like. Everything has its role... For instance there are alot of quality differences in rep submariner models. Sorry i am also a noob but trying to learn as much as i can. Also, mate try and clean the watch a little bit... But anyway, despite of the movement disappointment it seems a decent rep, so wear it healthy and happy. Next time just go with the asian ETA.

arctice

sorry to hear that bro but hope you get it all worked out...

drmdtsap

also from i what i see on TD's site is that there are two gmt2 watches blue-black bezel inserts with 398usd. One with asian ETA and another with swiss ETA. Same other specs, different movements but same price. Can anyone explain that?

Anyway there are so many variances of gmt2 watches on TD's site that caused me a headache. Why the hell are so many?

PS: focus on the other advantages of the watch. Like i said it seems from the pics you provided a very good rep watch. So wear it, enjoy it. It's a matter of a couple of days to get through the ''supposed'' swiss ETA. Think that the watch could have visual flaws or tells that could have cried out loud that is a counterfeit, like misalignments, wrong fonts. The whole thing about the ''paid more'' movement sucks. But anyway we learn out of our mistakes. Like Daywatch said next time go for the cheaper variant and consider another TD in the future. Too bad for Andrew, who trusted the watchmaker's ''swiss ETA'' sayings. Anyway in the rep world this could happen.

Also clean/wipe with a microfiber cloth the watch... has a lot of stains-finger tips/grease.

Edited by drmdtsap