Sign in to follow this  
Marty Mcfly

Breitling Super Avenger: The differences between a genuine and a rep?

Marty Mcfly

I am new to this and just wondered if you could tell me if there are any differences between a genuine Super Avenger and the rep ones? I know the Rolex watches have issues with the way the hand moves, is this the case with the Breitling too? Are there any other differences? I don't mind so much if it's something that can't be seen without close examination, I'm just a bit worried about getting called out on wearing a rep and, like I said, I'm new to this, so I thought I should check.

I really hope someone can help, because I would very much like to clear on this before I spend my hard-earned money. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mystery Shopper

The rep is thousands of dollars cheaper :bcake:

For other differences have a look at the 'Reviews and photo galleries' section of the main menu, then look at 'Popular brands and watch reviews' section. In the Breitling subforum Luthier, GC and a few others review their super avengers. :bcake:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=5253

greg_r

Good quality Rolex reps do NOT have an issue with the smooth sweep - it's only cheapies that you have to worry about there.

Other than a difference of a few thousand dollars and the lume dots (which tend to be slightly uneven on the rep and not as bright as the gen), the SA is very close to the real thing - one of the most accurate reps around.

alistairw

The rep will look sensational and to the average punter, they wouldn't pick the difference.

Don't forget some of the dealers also sell Breitling Boxes, so if you really wish to fool

your mates you can show them an 'original' Breitling box which it came in.

I have a few Breitlings and they are beautiful rep - no question.

Do, do have a look at the reviews also check out the Breitling area, I'm sure that will

assist in the decision making process.

Marty Mcfly

Yes, and it help a lot, but it wasn't specific.

Good quality Rolex reps do NOT have an issue with the smooth sweep - it's only cheapies that you have to worry about there.

Other than a difference of a few thousand dollars and the lume dots (which tend to be slightly uneven on the rep and not as bright as the gen), the SA is very close to the real thing - one of the most accurate reps around.

That's good to know about the Rolex, I thought it was an issue with all reps. Thanks for the help. What sites sell these good reps? Can you recommend me one? I was looking at trusted dealers, but not all of them sold the SA, can you tell me where to get these good quality ones and I will order one? Thanks.

The rep will look sensational and to the average punter, they wouldn't pick the difference.

Don't forget some of the dealers also sell Breitling Boxes, so if you really wish to fool

your mates you can show them an 'original' Breitling box which it came in.

I have a few Breitlings and they are beautiful rep - no question.

Do, do have a look at the reviews also check out the Breitling area, I'm sure that will

assist in the decision making process.

Cool, I will do that. I'm not too worried about fooling friends, I just would dread to be at a party or something and have some stranger call me out on it.

zivko

Is there a pic?

AllergyDoc
Is there a pic?

On the batten dial model, the hour marker battens are one piece, not two like on the gen.

4511925601_41c4227d7e_o.jpg

4511926263_0cf8365dc6_o.jpg

You could only see that under a loope or a macro lens, though.

Here's a shot I took whilst harvesting my ganja (this IS California):

4640088351_df1a44eab1_o.jpg

KBH
Is there a pic?

Doc, isn't that medical marijuana?

Nice pictures!

AllergyDoc

Sure, sure. The world is a pain in the ass so I have to smoke a little to forget.

Marty Mcfly
Is there a pic?

On the batten dial model, the hour marker battens are one piece, not two like on the gen.

Yes! That is exactly what I'm looking for, please, please tell me where you ordered it from and how much it cost and I will place an order right now!

Fiddo
Is there a pic?

Yes! That is exactly what I'm looking for, please, please tell me where you ordered it from and how much it cost and I will place an order right now!

The watch or what's in the background. :P Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hopefully Doc will be around to give a REAL answer.

Marty Mcfly

The watch or what's in the background. :rofl: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hopefully Doc will be around to give a REAL answer.

Lol, good one. :P

Luthier

Here's my SA from Mary (Watchinternational).

Great watch, and I don't care if somebody would say- It's replica, I just don't give a shit.

01-15.jpg

03-15.jpg

06-18.jpg

05-16.jpg

013-1.jpg

011-4.jpg

AllergyDoc

Mine came from Josh at Perfect Clones. $278ish. The SS bracelet was purchased from a guy on the Geek.

Edit to add: $298

Edited by AllergyDoc