Sign in to follow this  
Swanny

Sterile submariner Homage with ETA (Sea-Gull or Hangzhou) 2824 Clone Movement

Swanny

New to the forum - I have a question for the members. I am looking for a sterile homage of either a Rolex GMT or Rolex Submariner that has an ETA 2824 clone (either Sea-gull or Hangzhou) movment. I would like the Pepsi bezel if at all possible. I see lots of them with DG 2813 and actually have one I bought from manbushijie that I really like but I would like a better sweep movement.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!!

Swanny

Thanks for the website but at $900 - I should just buy a used Rolex. Doesn't the Steinhart use real ETA movements?

Member X

I should hope so at that price... lol

I've not seen any of the 'cheapie' homages with an ETA or clone ETA :P and I've been looking!

Could be worth a post on Homage Forum?

Member X

Sorry, I'm being dumb!!

Check out rouhelena on ebay - long time known seller and reliable :P Sometimes has kits or fully assembled sterile homages! Although I'm not sure of the quality as I've not read any reports on them!

Swanny

Thanks for the info but they actually use real ETA movements - I guess a sterile Submariner clone with an Asian ETA clone does not exist!! Someone should start making some - there is probably a market for them!!

I'll check them out ......

Kutio

Hi Swanny

I can confirm that Helena has great products, great communication. Dials are better quality than jackson or getat. I haven't got that many case sets to compare between them so I assume they are the same quality. But Helena at least definitly supply Swiss movement alternatives. Go straight to the website and you will find a constant low price, instead of eBay (where prices are actually greater). I've purchased plenty of parts from there. http://www.helenarou.com/index.html

Hope this help

torobravo

For me homage watches are reps too, they might not be a rep of the brand 1:1 but they´re definetely obvious copy of the originals design without the brand´s authorization, besides that they are China made with the purpose of making huge benefits for the owners..

I was wondering what Rolex or IWC´s opinions are about the homage brands that copy their designs. I think they´re helplessly cannot do anything about it as the copycat brands have enough small differences that they cannot sue them legally.