Sign in to follow this  
dd1153

PO 42mm vs Speedmaster Pro

dd1153

Really getting into Omega lately and have been looking at buying a Speedmaster Pro for about a year now.. up until recently the Planet Ocean 42mm Bond version (or similar) has really caught my eye as well.

Seems like the PO would be more versatile for office / weekend type of wear.

Wanted to find out input from people who own both, etc.

Thanks in advance

Kwt

I've had both. The rep PO and the gen Moonie.

The Moonie wears bigger then 42mm and is a nice watch suitable for both casual and formal. I did find the winding up everyday a bit annoying though and if honest I got a bit bored of the watch.

The PO is the classic chunky diving watch. Not sure which bond PO you are referring too but if it's the CrPo one then it does wear thick. Again suitable I think for all occasions and has the bling factor.

Out of the two I would go for the PO. Out of the box it's a very decent rep. The Moonie requires a bit of modding to look good by Kenny etc.

RichardMiami

Either one is fine. The Speedy is a timeless classic.. been around forever and is well respected and loved.

The issue with the Speedy is that there is no really good rep..... what there is requires mods to be even close.

So if it is accuracy, go find a nice Planet Ocean. If it is old school class.. buy the Speedy.

dd1153

Kind of concerns me regarding the bling comment on the PO. I was really looking to move away from the bling factor. Also the comment regarding sitting tall on the wrist. The AP 15400 RO 44mm is very large on my 6.5" wrist. Ideally I like the 39-40mm range however I feel like 42mm is the largest that I can comfortably wear.

With that being said.. should I opt out of the moonwatch?

resistor

I have a gen Speedmaster Pro and a rep 42mm CrPO. The Speedmaster is a bulletproof watch which I can wear anywhere, anytime. The CrPO is a bit more flashy and conspicuous, not to mention not very water resistant, so I wear it carefully.

Received my Speedmaster the day before the CrPO arrived. Speedy's out for servicing so I don't have many recent pics.

72321454630373b25b77ce9ac722aec0.jpg66cd2e81f23cd75bfe284ff68e58f7d9.jpg