Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

Parnis Flightdeck 50mm U-BOAT homage unboxing

KeNnY

Hi all,

so I have made this video, if someone new to this forum, would like a nice U-BOAT homage watch for a great price.

This watch was bought from one of many Manbushijies accounts trough ebay auction.

wombosi

Nice video! I like the idea of making unboxing or review videos! A nice addition to pics imo

KeNnY

thanks wombosi.. Yes, I have thought that also :Whistle: there was many of pics, but not many videos, but Parnis videos are already on youtube ;)

wombosi

That's true. But imo it's more interesting to see a video from a forum member than from a random youtube guy...

KeNnY

so true :Whistle: if you have any questions just ask.. as you can see I have 3 of them

PGL

Cook Kenny!! I bought that same watch (with PVD coating) about a week or so ago... I am expecting its arrival soon (next week probably). I have bought from Manbushijie many, many watches and so far I have only had a problem once (and it was three days ago when it happened -the watch has been with me much longer- so I can't really complaint about his services).

If I like the way the watch feels on my wrist I will jump in and get the orange one... I bought it with the PVD coating because I like the "all black" look and the lime green details... and also darker colors make it look a little smaller... not everybody can pull a 50mm watch off. :Whistle:

KeNnY

you wanted to write cook or cool :drool: how can you say about the PVD, it is good ? How it looks when it is scratched ? if you will get the PVD with orange numeral, you will have the same watch like Silvester Stalone has :)

041710sly_wiatch.png

PGL
you wanted to write cook or cool :drool: how can you say about the PVD, it is good ? How it looks when it is scratched ? if you will get the PVD with orange numeral, you will have the same watch like Silvester Stalone has :)

041710sly_wiatch.png

Oh my goodness! I wanted to say "Cool" LOL!

I like Sly so I know about his PAM collection and also saw this picture of him with his U-Boat... in fact it was the push I needed to buy the black PARNIS... I always wanted one but 50 mm seemed immensely huge... but I saw it looks good on him so I jumped in. I don't have small wrists but not too wide either, so let's see.

I really wanted both, green and orange numerals but I didn't buy the orange one in case the watch looks silly on me LOL.

Russ

hi kenny

who is manbushie anyway ,from the trusted dealers,im wanting a u boat so would appreciate a Pm

Cheers

Russ

mondeov6

Thank's Kenny!! Great video and presentation of the watch. All three of them look really nice! :)

KeNnY

PGL don't worry I thought that you wanted to say cool ^_^ yes me too, I always wanted Parnis 50mm, but I was also afraid, if it would not be so big, but I like it ! The last Parnis flightdeck that I would like, will be with white numerals :)

Russ hi, manbushijie is another dealer, he is not trusted here, you can contact jacksontse (he is trusted dealer here) and he has got basically the same stuff, + if you can find something on his site, that you would like, write him an email.

Mondeov thank you also B) really, this watch for it price, is awesome !

mondeov6
PGL don't worry I thought that you wanted to say cool ^_^ yes me too, I always wanted Parnis 50mm, but I was also afraid, if it would not be so big, but I like it ! The last Parnis flightdeck that I would like, will be with white numerals :)

Russ hi, manbushijie is another dealer, he is not trusted here, you can contact jacksontse (he is trusted dealer here) and he has got basically the same stuff, + if you can find something on his site, that you would like, write him an email.

Mondeov thank you also B) really, this watch for it price, is awesome !

Looked at manbushijie's site.... lots of nice watches and the Parnis 50 with orange numerals is veeeeeery tempting! ^_^

KeNnY

go for it ! :) you will like the parnis with orange numerals. The numerals have high contrast, and it will definitely take an unwanted attention of other people ! B)

PGL

Now reading this thread again, I can't wait for mine to arrive... If it feels right I will be buying the ones with orange and white numerals soon... :)

mondeov6
go for it ! :) you will like the parnis with orange numerals. The numerals have high contrast, and it will definitely take an unwanted attention of other people ! B)

Could you post a wrist shot....Smiley-Begging.gif... I do not think the size

will be a problem but a wrist shot is always a good referens.

KeNnY

good choice PGL ! :) too bad that there is no U-BOAT watch with Seagull automatic movement. At least, there could be the no chrono version, with the seagull automatic movement. I like to see big rotor in big watch B) also the lume could be much better on this watches. So far, the best lume is on the green numerals version, don't know how the white numerals will have lume

mondeov6 yes I will post a wirst shot for you ^_^

PGL

The lume is not mansbushijie's forté, that's for sure. I have like a dozen of his watches and they all could have better lume. It is a pitty they are automatic but they just so eye-catching that quartz is not a "con" for me.

KeNnY

so here is a wrist shot with the orange numerals.

s6300953.jpg

and here is my white dial, with real leather strap (had to correct it to fit 23mm lugs) :)

rukaz.jpg

really I would recommend to replace the strap as fast as possible B) I would like to buy an gen U-BOAT strap for 70€, with that metal pieces between lugs.

Balad1

Very nice video and nice watch; I am sure your Father will be surprised for Christmas.

KeNnY

been looking into many straps. personally I think if on this strap what you have found, if would be used brushed stainless steel, it would look much better than.

But you can make them brushed by your self :)

I have picked some of these:

This for orange font :)

This for the white dial black font :)

And this for white font :)

the bad thing is, if the strap will be more thicker, that it is harder to wear it under coat etc. :D

Thanks Balad :) father doesn't know a clue :D

mondeov6
so here is a wrist shot with the orange numerals.

s6300953.jpg

and here is my white dial, with real leather strap (had to correct it to fit 23mm lugs) :)

rukaz.jpg

really I would recommend to replace the strap as fast as possible :) I would like to buy an gen U-BOAT strap for 70€, with that metal pieces between lugs.

Thank's.... that looks great!!....ehrmmm.... have to admit I am not that well built as you... (some powerfull arms you have!) ...apart from an ever growing "middle part" of my body.

I blame age for that!!....and good food, beer, wine and so on! :) . My PAM 300's are 52mm so I think I can get away with this one.

So....... I am off to order one right away!.... :)

KeNnY

thanks mondeov ! :) well my middle part is also growing by years !! It must be that company food at work and sited job :) well, atleast I am trying to work hard at gym, to have still great abs :)

you will definitely love that watch !

Dendo
the bad thing is, if the strap will be more thicker, that it is harder to wear it under coat etc. :)

Are you joking Kenny. :)

Those watches are huge to begin with. And now you are worried about a thick strap. I was surprised you could lift all three at once - :)

PGL
been looking into many straps. personally I think if on this strap what you have found, if would be used brushed stainless steel, it would look much better than.

But you can make them brushed by your self :)

I have picked some of these:

This for orange font :)

This for the white dial black font :)

And this for white font :)

the bad thing is, if the strap will be more thicker, that it is harder to wear it under coat etc. :D

Thanks Balad :) father doesn't know a clue :D

Very classic straps. They will look good.

Whenever I get mine I want to "rock" it a little and maybe use a lime green rubber band on it or something like that so it stands out much more...

I ordered some bands yesterday so they will get here sooner than the watch itself, LOL.