Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

Parnis Big Pilot homage watch

KeNnY

Hi all,

this is another unboxing, but now Parnis Big Pilot watch, without the power reserve function. Inside is also Seagull movement. This watch was bought from manbushijie website, and well, it makes me wonder to buy again any watch from this seller. The transaction took almost 1 month, and the communication is really poor. And if it was not me, asking about the shipment status, maybe I would not have even the watch ! Well the watch came, with really nice Montblanc pen for free, but I received an different strap color (ordered brown one). But Manbushijie said that he will send me a correct strap, so we will see if it is true. I should receive it next week or so. About the watch, it is gaining now maybe 20s per day ! And maybe by my stupidity :Whistle: At work I was doing analysis of an Direct Drive motor, and on these motors, they use very strong neodyme magnets. And maybe I have magnetized them... Will try that trick with old CRT to demagnetize them, if it will not help, I will just correct the speed of the watch a little. As for the watch, it is real beauty and I will surely buy also the power reserve version ! The lume will last for 1 hour tops.

s6300945.jpg

Aren

Very nice Kenny...can see your reflection in the crystal...

:Whistle:

wombosi

I've had the Power Reserve for a while. But I've sold it. It was a really nice watch though. I could really recommend you buying one!

dsc07151j.jpg

KeNnY

yes made that reflection on purpose :Whistle: that blonde guy is me. And also you can see the AR function ;) have to put the video again on, there was my address visible :lmao2:

PGL

That is a pretty nice watch... I have been thinking of getting it but that diamond crown makes me step back everytime... I think I am the only guy in the world who does not like diamond crowns... :/

KeNnY

first I was also, hmm daimond crown, that is old style... but now , every different crown, looks great ! :Whistle:

KeNnY

I would like to add some more info..

I have received an black strap but I ordered brown.. so I replied to manbushijie that I want brown and if he sent me one, he said "ok, no problem"...

now after a month and 14 days from that email, I though that , he forgot about me.... but there was a problem with hongkong post from the november, so the package was on route and reached my flat yesterday :thumbsup:

so now this is something I want to write, manbushijie has an customer support, that if he say something that he sent he will sent it, but the broken english communication is something that all of you should consider.. but if you buy a watch you will get a watch !

some pics of the new strap :rofl:

s6301030m.jpg

s6301026.jpg

s6301025.jpg

Balad1

Thanks for the video Kenny, it is very interesting and well done.

KeNnY

thank you :thumbsup: you can subscribe me at youtube to check all my unboxing, maybe you will find something else also interesting :rofl:

PGL

That was very cool of Mr. Gong to do...

Can you believe I am still waiting for my 50 mm PARNIS to arrive?? Two months since I payed him... He is giving the worst excuses... I think I will have to file a complaint with PayPal :thumbsup:

Balad1

Can you believe I am still waiting for my 50 mm PARNIS to arrive?? Two months since I payed him... He is giving the worst excuses... I think I will have to file a complaint with PayPal :)

Where are you located?

Balad1

thank you :) you can subscribe me at youtube to check all my unboxing, maybe you will find something else also interesting ;)

The previous time I watch one of your videos I wound up with a black parnis, lol.

greg_r

Can you believe I am still waiting for my 50 mm PARNIS to arrive?? Two months since I payed him... He is giving the worst excuses... I think I will have to file a complaint with PayPal :)

Yup. Manbushije has been known to do this before. One of the reasons he is NOT a recommended dealer here.

Seriously guys, stick to the trusted dealers. You'll be safer.

KeNnY
The previous time I watch one of your videos I wound up with a black parnis, lol.

you see how this Parnis plague is spreading ? :)

GPL do you have tracking number ? please past it here and also your country of origin , I will track your package

PGL

Where are you located?

I am in Spain.

you see how this Parnis plague is spreading ? :boxing:

GPL do you have tracking number ? please past it here and also your country of origin , I will track your package

I have it and I can track it through our national post office service and still says that it "admitted" and that is all. ;)

Can you believe I am still waiting for my 50 mm PARNIS to arrive?? Two months since I payed him... He is giving the worst excuses... I think I will have to file a complaint with PayPal ;)

Yup. Manbushije has been known to do this before. One of the reasons he is NOT a recommended dealer here.

Seriously guys, stick to the trusted dealers. You'll be safer.

This is my sixth order with him (three watches each time) and always perfect transaction. In less than 20 days I had my watches home but now I don't know what happened. It pisses me off because one of them was for a gift (a birthday a month ago) and I couldn't give my friend the watch he wanted because of this...

KeNnY

you package could got lost / stolen from route from GUANGZHOU to Bejing. Unfortunately it could happen in 0.58% from total packages.

PGL

Can't believe it is happening to me :D

KeNnY
Can't believe it is happening to me :D

I am sorry and only I can say is shit happens... I will encourage you to still communicate with manbushijie and if he still not respond with positive answer, go with the paypal claim.

Crusader

Kenny, that user, 846524162 who subscribed to you... that would be me :)

Great review and amazing looking watch :D

But since I'm new to thing rep things... I don't really understand that watch.

It's basicly IWC Big Pilot (my father has gen IWC Big Pilot Mark ''I-don't-know'' so that why I know it) and the brand name is Parnis.

A little explanation about that would be much appriciated.

Edited by Crusader

KeNnY
Kenny, that user, 846524162 who subscribed to you... that would be me :D

Great review and amazing looking watch :D

But since I'm new to thing rep things... I don't really understand that watch.

It's basicly IWC Big Pilot (my father has gen IWC Big Pilot Mark ''I-don't-know'' so that why I know it) and the brand name is Parnis.

A little explanation about that would be much appriciated.

Simply you said everything now :D it is IWC Big Pilot 7 Days homage, but without power reserve function and the date on 3 o clock. There is also homage version with correct date location and power reserve function and look a like rotor with the same price range :)

for the youtube thing, I wondered, who is 846524162 ? :DD then I checked that you like replica make videos so I understood that you are from here :)

KeNnY

Another small UPDATE regarding my Parnis Big Pilot.

I really hate the original IWC style BIG deployment buckle ! It hurts my arm when wearing it ! I bough and deployment butterfly buckle, but the screw has been weak, so it is unwearable now.

I again used seller on ebay, timepiecerepublic from who I have bough an Big Gator real cow leather strap that I have on my Parnis Flightdeck.

The strap what I have bought is 24mm buffalo leather strap with military buttons and has got big shiny panerai blucke. The strap is again GREAT quality, nice soft and great smell (really like real leather smells :itchyandscratchy:). The price is why I have again bough form him, it was only 34 USD with Free Shipping, what is great for this quality strap. I am still not fan of spending 120€ for an strap, but maybe one day, one day I will buy one, but for now, his prices and quality are great for me.

Finally the watch is wearable now, and it doesn't hurts my hand :itchyandscratchy:

Now the pics.

s6301152.jpg

s6301153w.jpg

s6301157.jpg

s6301159.jpg

wombosi

Nice strap Kenny! Do you know if these watches also excist a bit smaller? Let's say 44mm diameter.

Edited by wombosi

Rav747

WOW that watch and strap go really well together.

mondeov6

Very nice strap!! Perfect for the watch! :wanker:

KeNnY

Thanks all ! :wanker:

Wombosi yes, they have also 44mm big pilots, see this pictures

ivve1ecx1hh6b92b7tm1.jpg

3956b.jpg

20110115110611.jpg

But all of them have hand winding Asian 6498 movement, because the Seagull movement would not fit into the case, but if you want to mod them, it could fit ! :Jumpy:

But the Big Pilot is not Big until is not at least 47mm :yoda: