Sign in to follow this  
1_klean_watch

How addicted are you?

1_klean_watch

Its a simple question: how often and how do you spend watches. Basically, how addict to this site are you?

For me, I'm very addicted my plan is to buy a new one every two months. I'm on the site from everywhere, my phone, work comp, and home. I'm really enjoying site and looking at everyone else collections. I can't wait to show collection once get most the watches, I want.

seclark007

As I have previously mentioned in other posts:

THIS PLACE IS LIKE FUCKING CRACK TO ME :)

I am here daily, if I can be, and think I need to seek professional help!

You guys are the best! B)

PGL

I am addicted to watches beyond repair... I buy at least one, two or three per month :)

KBH

I wish I'd just kept my $10 quartz and never heard of reps.

NFleischer

DSC00196-1.jpg

And this was a couple of years ago!!

Silverspeed

the trick is not to count :)

Del

Oh I'm hooked big time :). The wife wasn't too happy to begin with but now that I've got so many I can buy new ones and she can't tell :).

I don't have a set number I want to buy each month but since about July when I joined I've bought 9 reps (2 as presents) and I have 5 on the way (3 of them are birthday prizes :) ).

watch5

I'd say I'm pretty addicted and I've only been on the site for a day or two now. Just bought 2 reps in a matter of a day. Definitely can't keep that rate going

SubFrog

My watch box is full...so I cleaned out a sock drawer just to fill it with watches.

No problem!

dave47

Hopelessly addicted. Started off to "just buy a few" for the joy of having watches I could NEVER AFFORD (gens.) That was about 25 reps ago and still lusting. If I had my druthers, I'd buy everyone I liked (which is a lot). Have tried to slow down to one a month, but I know it's an exercise in futility. I've had to buy another 20-watch display case to handle the new ones. My wife has given up on me, esp.when I say I'll buy "just a few more." This hobby is VERY addictive.

dave.

ps: I'm not complaining... .

My watch box is full...so I cleaned out a sock drawer just to fill it with watches.

No problem!

1_klean_watch

I'm luck....my wife wants to buy a couple herself...She want something in leopard print.

sfa437

Beyond all hope of salvation here.

Hell I'm on so much RG made me a fuckin Admin and I STILL hang here too :)

bimmerpilot

I have a few nice gen's (2 Citizen America's Cup watches, a Pulsar Racing Chrono, a Bulova tank, and a vintage 1936 Benrus Art-deco Tank) all respectable time pieces.

I've purchased a couple of rep's over the years (crappy $50.00 "Tijuana specials") and they eventually ended up in the trash can.

'long story short; I like the look of a Daytona (they're not overly flashy and they suit my "sporting" side) though even if I had a abundance of cash sitting around, I don't think that I would pony up $8k and go on a waiting list for a couple of years for a gen.

This time last year I had no clue what a Pam was. I was watching the movie 'After the Sunset' and 'Max Burdett' (Pierce Brosnan's character) was wearing one. The more that I learned about Pam's, the more that I wanted one. Now these little 'gem's' sell for $4k (and up) for a pre-owned gen here in the states ("pre-owned" rep's can be had for $125.00 and up (Yikes!)).

Anyhoo.. After several months of looking on the net and finding a lot of nice looking Pam's selling for $100 and up, checking review's (from what I now know to be fake review sites) I was lucky to find RWG. I've learned a lot about both rep and gen Pam's (as well as 'tona's' (My 1st love) :) ).

I contributed to RWG. The peace of mind that comes from knowing that I bought my Pam from a RWG "Trusted Dealer" is 'price-less'. I'm now researching Daytona's to find a good rep (model/movement) and it will be purchased from a RWG 'Trusted Dealer'.

Am I addicted? Hmmm..

Regards,

SC

vonGluberschmidt

ok, reading this I don't feel so bad.

I just bought 2 this week, but it's been a while....

mondeov6

Hi.... I'm Rolf and I am addicted to watches. Lately it has been about two a month.

The plan is to keep my addiction for a while! :)

dingle

I am always here........watches or no watches :)