Sign in to follow this  
_jonte

PAM104 from PWC - upgrade DW myself?

mrichbell

sorry not DW related....how is the lume on this watch??

have one on order

thanks

Silverspeed

Working on an A7750 is far from a "rookie-project" especially since you've never opened up a watch before...............unless offcourse you have unlimited talents

Edited by Silverspeed

_jonte
Working on an A7750 is far from a "rookie-project" especially since you've never opened up a watch before...............unless offcourse you have unlimited talents

Well maybe not unlimited, but I have some talents regarding similar things. Some other fine-mechanics, electronics etc. Just never a watch.

Been trying to find a how-to or a pictorial on this, but haven't found it... Anyone know one?

What is the tricky part of this? As I understand it...

1. Remove the back and crown

2. Unscrew the movement and remove it from the case

3. Remove hands and dial

4. Glue new DW on top of old one

5. Reassemble

Doesn't sound too tricky, but...? :)

_jonte

Finally found a how-to on this http://www.wrist-check.com/showthread.php?...-on-Panerai-243

What I would like to do is basically this, but instead of changing date-wheel I'm thinking of gluing the new one on top of the old one. Pretty sure I've seen this done before(?) As I understand this would not involve any screwing on the movement at all. Am I correct? If so, maybe a rookie could do it? :)

What do you guys think, should I go for it, or should I take the fail-safe path and send the watch to a modder?