Sign in to follow this  
paulro

Hello I'm new here

paulro

I came across this site by accident and there's part of me already wishing I hadn't!

I have always enjoyed my watches and have in the past bought some nice genuine ones and on occasions I have had poor experiences with them....

Once I bought online from USA "Grey" dealer a Patek time travel for my wife. It was expensive but less than I could have bought new in the UK. The exchange rate was favourable. The first time I attempted to set the watch the winder came apart!!

It was a bad experience from there onwards.

I like Blancpain, IWC, Panerai and find myself looking at the type of watch that I might be able to afford if I saved and felt that they were a priority and not ones that would cost an absolute fortune. There are some lovely pieces on this site with a huge amount of knowledge to go with it.

As ever I am in the hands of the dealers with help from some of you on the site.

I have ordered a Panerai 111 and Omega Seamaster from Robert, I hope they look as good in the flesh.

Anyway I am enjoying looking and will be a regular on the site.

Paul

pollux1

Welcome mate, have a look at the trusted dealers on the site believe me they have stood the test of time with regard to quality etc. Then it's simply a matter of reading any and all info you can. Good luck!

seclark007

Paul,

Welcome! check yer sanity at the door and prop your feet up! You'll learn fast that this is a great group of people; most of whom don't take themselves too seriously. Watches on the other hand is very serious business, and you won't find folks more knowledgable than the ones you'll find here.

Best again from the resident :)

S

Fiddo

Hello! :)

Welcome!

Aren

Hi Paul and Welcome...

You can't go wrong with Robert. He has quality watches and very reputable. Sorry for your bad experiences, and sad that it was a gift for a loved one. Now that you are here, those days will be behind you...so to speak. You will have a good experience with Robert, and I am sure be very happy with your purchases from him. My watches were from him (one was a mem to mem purchase) but quality all the way and great prices. I hope to be buying from him again soon.

Don't forget to post the photos...We all love to see them. :)

All the Best,

Aren

PGL

Welcome Paul!! :)

Balad1

Welcome; take your time and read/follow all 3 of the major reps forums for a while before making too many purchases. You would be surprised how your desires/needs change after learning more and seeing what other have in their collections.

1_klean_watch

Welcome to the site!!!

Mystery Shopper

Welcome Paul. I have bought both Omega(s) and Panerai(s) from Robert at PWC. No issues and very happy.

Del

Hello and welcome ;).

Remember to post photos when you get your watches because we like our photos here..... ;):D

mammoli

Welcome Paul!!

wombosi

PAM 111? Good choice! That's a nice watch.

Which one did you order? With or without swan neck? Swiss or Chinese movement?

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse Paul :)