Sign in to follow this  
Robeng

Which Black Bay ?

Robeng

tudor-heritage-black-bay-1_zpsqhwzy6j5.jpg

I love my reps but occasionaly im in the Lucky position of being able to buy a new gen,(after a period of hard saving)

I Love Tudor but cant decide between the modern looks of the "Blue" and the more retro "'Red"'

What does everyone think?Does anyone care?

Is Tudor a strong independant brand steeped in its own history or just a poor mans Rolex?

Interested to hear fellow watch enthusiasts comments.

Wriggles

Depends on how much people are into their watches. Some will have a passing knowledge and maybe hold the belief that Tudor are a poor mans Rolex.

Some will recognise that modern Tudor are building an identity for themselves

And some will go "Tudor?" ...weren't they part of english history? Watches, really? I didn't know"

For me of the two it's the Red, I really like the Blue but it's a little "colder" for me.

Chavezzito

I like the blue more then the red.

Do a poll...we like polls here!

Chiquita Fanjita

It would be red for me too. I have a v1 rep and I absolutely love it. It really is a gorgeous watch.

I also got a gen Tudor Submariner 16 years ago and TBH people that notice it and comment on it always ask if its a Rolex anyway.

Paparolf

Got to be the red for me too.

Phanphy

I'm liking the Red!

Chiruku

Red gets my vote as well. Looks awesome on bracelet or leather.

SteveSMP

Red everyday of the week!

Duzza

Had both reps and really didn't bond with the blue despite loving the photos of it. Red all the way.

GoW13

Red for me! Wearing mine today and loving it :)

Blue is just too "normal", the red and gold is what makes the BB special

Robeng

Looks like a trend is starting to materialise. ..Thanks for your comments chaps and keep em coming...

Kemist

Red all the way my friend. It gives you that vintage look (though some might argue its' fake vintage but well). The guilt dial is probably the best feature of the red, even in the rep. The rep one from ZF is also very well made.

Genius

OK so you have the money saved up for the gen but cant decide which....

Heres what I'd do.

First order these 2 $330 down

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=107&product_id=1268

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=107&product_id=1269

Try them both for a month or so alternating between them and you will get to the point where you know which one you want to keep.

Then m2m the one you want to keep and buy the gen version of that. Keep the rep of the other one, that way you make a truly informed decision on your gen purchase and actually have both, and in the month or so you are deciding you will easily save up the extra $200 you would be down

Duzza

OK so you have the money saved up for the gen but cant decide which....

Heres what I'd do.

First order these 2 $330 down

http://www.torobravo...product_id=1268

http://www.torobravo...product_id=1269

Try them both for a month or so alternating between them and you will get to the point where you know which one you want to keep.

Then m2m the one you want to keep and buy the gen version of that. Keep the rep of the other one, that way you make a truly informed decision on your gen purchase and actually have both, and in the month or so you are deciding you will easily save up the extra $200 you would be down

Or most likely after the month period, decide you dont need to waste your money on the gen :)

Kwt

I had the Black Bay in Red Gen and loved it although I had to sell it for financial reasons. The blue is nice but if I had a chance to buy again it would be the red purely for the vintage inspired looks.

ag69

Both a very nice, but I'm leaning red.

Daywatch

As a long time keeper it´s the "modern meets classic" vintage red. A fantastic watch and from new releases the one with a distinct and unique design mixing up some good-looking retro-styles.

I´ve read about getting the gen with the leather bracelet and matching it with the rep-bracelet, so the rep (or both reps) would be for free plus some savings. I only use it on leather anyway because it goes so well with the watch.

digger2

I vote red, the blue doesn't attract me at all.

I have had a gen but sold it and bought a ZF V3 rep instead and will probably never be tempted to buy the gen again, also got it on bracelet as rep and that was a big plus compared to the gen I had.

IMG_2541_zps6f16785e.jpg

Robeng

Red it is then...pics to follow when I've got the best deal possible.which for me means NEVER pay VAT at an AD then try and get another 10%-15% on top or just walk...usually they give in when they see the cash..

To be continued.....

Chavezzito

Yeah sure...be like the rest of the world...all boring, I like to make a statement and be different :lol:

GenTLe

+1 for the red.

But in reality, considering the rep is perfect (I have it), I would go for the rep and put my money in a model that they didn't rep or badly rep.

My 2 cents

Robeng

Don't be boring says the Panerai man.

Robeng

Maybe I'll wait for the green bezel.That would be different.

nev848

When it comes to watches I go for what I like. Don't need others to tell me what to buy.

On another point I'm thinking of going Gen on a Rollie sub and not sure to go with a 116610 or 16610. What do you think?

Robeng

Don't like Rolex..just a rich man's Tudor.