Sign in to follow this  
stiltzkin

Which Breitling

stiltzkin

Chaps,

Newbie here, so all of the usual appologies upfront from me. Great forum and I have now decided to go for a Breitling. Just not sure what 'class' of rep to go for.

I love this... It's available at several of the rep, rep dealers.

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=2179

There is also this 'ultimate' model available, which is slightly cheaper, but is it a better rep?

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=1747

All advice greatfully received...

All typo's courtesy of iPhone formatting of the page...

Stiltz

However, from the same dealer there is this...

markeym3

Hi Stiltz, A very nice choice of breitlings , I brought the super avenger from josh at perfect clones a couple of months ago, this is a seriously good rep i am very impressed with it

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

such a nice watch superb quality..

in fact so good i have just brought the gen , ok it is 2 years old but has been serviced , will post pics soon, the two watches side by side just shows the quality and attention to detail on the rep , the weight , feel , dial detail and a superb ar coating ,,

I have sold my rep to a mate at work at at times my gen is along side his rep most of the day (cant wear it at work really) and we are amazed at the quality of the rep ,,

I highly reccommend this rep

you wont be dissappointed

regards

marc

Ok will just add ,, just took a few pics of the gen ..sorry but still on phone camera ..

gensa2.jpg

gensa1.jpg

gensa5.jpg

Ok the only real difference i can see is on the sub dials , there are definate lines on the half of each subdial on the gen and they are there on the rep but just not as prominent but still bloody good eh

cheers

marc

stiltzkin

Marc,

It was actually your pics/review that put me onto the scent of this watch, so cheers for the reply.

Just out of interest, when you have the gen next to the rep can you tell the rep is the rep? I mean, are there lots of 'un-noticeable' differences that give the rep a, I don't know, fuzzy look for what of a better term? I do appreciate that there is a vast difference in price tag - so not expecting the earth

Cheers,

Stiltz

Luthier

Well. "chap"... First - I think the newbie with just 4 posts could be more respectful to the Forum members...

And second - experienced watch lover always able to tell the difference between gen. and rep. Especially if "next to".

And third - we don't care much, how close our reps are to gens, we don't pretend, that we wear replicas.

Brightlight
Well. "chap"... First - I think the newbie with just 4 posts could be more respectful to the Forum members...

And second - experienced watch lover always able to tell the difference between gen. and rep. Especially if "next to".

And third - we don't care much, how close our reps are to gens, we don't pretend, that we wear replicas.

Wind your neck in Luth, "Chaps" is a common english way of addressing a bunch of people (he could equally have used "Gentlemen", "Guys", etc), nothing disrepectful about anything he said so leave the newbies alone!

I'm assuming you are an experienced watch lover and can tell the difference between rep and gen at 100 yards. I'm more honest and in a lot of cases it cannot be done without a loupe or opening the case.

Finally, lots of members want their reps to be as close to gen as possible and spend lots of money to try and achieve that.

Luthier

On 100 yards - no way. Even on 1 yard. But "next to" - even you, "more honest" one, definitely will tell the difference.

Brightlight
On 100 yards - no way. Even on 1 yard. But "next to" - even you, "more honest" one, definitely will tell the difference.

Like I say, you may be one of those incredibly clever experts who have this talent. Usually I can't tell without a close inspection and usually with a loupe, but that's probablty just my lack of knowledge. I do think there's a lot of bullshit spoken about this, most members I would hazard a guess are just as ignorant as I am. I have only once been certain I've spotted a rep and that was in a conference where the Turkish guy next to me had his arm on the table showing off his PO. It was clearly a poor rep and a closer study when I put my specs on showed it was ticking and thus a quartz.

stiltzkin

I do apologies if I came across as disrespectful!! After spending quite a few hours going through this helpful and friendly forum I must have got lulled into a false sense of over familiarity. That said, you and I are from two different countries separated by a common language – and ‘Chaps’ is not generally understood to be a rude way of addressing a group, on this side of the pond anyway.

My question regarding telling the difference was purely aimed at Marc, who has had the rep I am looking to buy and now has the gen – therefore just trying to get a feel from someone who has intimate experience of both what, if anything, gives it away.

I am a newbie with only 4 posts (5 including this) but then all on here have posted their 4th and 5th post at some point in history. But I do appreciate that my questions are more than likely along the same lines as every newbie looking to get their first decent rep and I imagine that most disappear after a couple of weeks – and that must get frustrating for those longer in the tooth than I.

Like most I imagine, before researching the subject and coming across this kind of forum, with real people. My only experience of replica watches are the FAKE watches been hawked on street corners when on holiday (vacation) and then the emails that drop into my inbox dove tailing the ones promising to make my cock(johnson) bigger.

Who knows what the future holds, but I like the forum and so far it is playing a big part of the ‘rep experience’ for a newbie like myself – I doubt I shall be contributing insightful posts regarding the intimate working of the latest JL Calibre 182 movement rep, any time soon – but here’s to the future.

Stiltz

Brightlight
I do apologies if I came across as disrespectful!! After spending quite a few hours going through this helpful and friendly forum I must have got lulled into a false sense of over familiarity. That said, you and I are from two different countries separated by a common language – and ‘Chaps’ is not generally understood to be a rude way of addressing a group, on this side of the pond anyway.

My question regarding telling the difference was purely aimed at Marc, who has had the rep I am looking to buy and now has the gen – therefore just trying to get a feel from someone who has intimate experience of both what, if anything, gives it away.

I am a newbie with only 4 posts (5 including this) but then all on here have posted their 4th and 5th post at some point in history. But I do appreciate that my questions are more than likely along the same lines as every newbie looking to get their first decent rep and I imagine that most disappear after a couple of weeks – and that must get frustrating for those longer in the tooth than I.

Like most I imagine, before researching the subject and coming across this kind of forum, with real people. My only experience of replica watches are the FAKE watches been hawked on street corners when on holiday (vacation) and then the emails that drop into my inbox dove tailing the ones promising to make my cock(johnson) bigger.

Who knows what the future holds, but I like the forum and so far it is playing a big part of the ‘rep experience’ for a newbie like myself – I doubt I shall be contributing insightful posts regarding the intimate working of the latest JL Calibre 182 movement rep, any time soon – but here’s to the future.

Stiltz

Stilz, no apologies needed, you did nothing wrong. Luth is originally from one of the Soviet satellite communist countries and English is not his first language, therefore has less chance of understanding colloquial English than your average American, thus the misunderstanding. He's not a bad guy though (despite having a moustache) and makes killer guitars!

stiltzkin

Custom guitars you say... does he have a sub-forum for those?

Also, I see you are in the UK and offer servicing, waterproofing etc... When I get this Breit... I'll be sure to join the queue for your services!

Brightlight

He has a website - http://www.master-guitars.com/

He is a big player in the guitar world and now has models made in China.

markeym3

Hey Stiltz, Dont take the comments on here too seriously , they are a good bunch really very helpfull .

as the watch goes it really is good , the weight feel ect is good the only and i mean the only difference seems to be on the subdials , on the gen there are definate lines on half of each dial , they are present on the rep just not as prominent , I would say quite honestly if you were to look at one watch and then go and look at the other not together you really would be hard pressed to see the difference , as for spotting one at a 100yards ,, mmmmm ,

i can give you more pics if needed , i did clean it and post some in the "gen" section headed comparison shots on this forum .

please ask if you need any help, you are welcome ..

and by the way you were in no way disrespectful ,, to me ..

cheers

enjoy

marc