Sign in to follow this  
dano

Advice please | Buying my first rep!

dano

Hey Guys!

First off this forum is awesome!!! so glad to have found it in my search for my first replica watch :rofl:

I have decided to buy from Timesshop.net

what I am confused about is the price difference for these three watches:

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=4285 $68

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=3641 $98

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=2429 $248

Is the difference just in the movement? Would the fit and finish of the $248 one be better than others?

I am also going to add these two watches to my order just cause I like the look of them :rofl:

LAMBORGHINI CHRONO BLACK DIAL SS/SS - JAPAN OS CHRONOGRAPH

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=4002

Panerai Lunminor daylight black dial automatic

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=311

Anyone seen either of these in the flesh? Any comments?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by dano

Luthier

Well... First 2 TAGs are non-chrono watches, because 21j mov't has no chrono feature. So, it will be very visible, that t's a replicas. Third has A7750 movoment, and it's chrono. Daylight also screams "I'm fake!!!" because it has 21j movement without chrono. 21j mov't usually shows day, week, etc, not a chrono. My personal advice - Stay away.

dano
Well... First 2 TAGs are non-chrono watches, because 21j mov't has no chrono feature. So, it will be very visible, that t's a replicas. Third has A7750 movoment, and it's chrono. Daylight also screams "I'm fake!!!" because it has 21j movement without chrono. 21j mov't usually shows day, week, etc, not a chrono. My personal advice - Stay away.

okok now that makes sense! all the 21J's wont have a "working" chrono

Any advice on the fit / finish?

AllergyDoc

Fit and finish is generally much cheaper on the lower cost reps, the 21J models. This is not always true with trusted dealers, but it usually is with the reps of chrono watches. Some quartz chronos are pretty decent.

dano

Thanks for the advice so far guys :)

I am looking at getting one of the Tag Pendulums for my brother can I get some advice on this

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=7143

vs

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=9305

From the photos it seems mary's version has a rougher band which I prefer - but this could just be the photos

Mary's has a coloured logo in the back TS has a engraved logo and the word pundulum in the back

I prefer the black on black face of the TS version though...

Are they the same quality as each other? Mary's is a little more expensive

Any other differences I have not spotted?

Cheers!

Luthier

Ofcourse, it's different quality, and from different factories.

Also, Mary's watch has saphyre glass.

dano

ok sweet so its worth the little extra? I am happy to spend more if its a better watch :)

Luthier

Ofcourse.

pollux1

ok sweet so its worth the little extra? I am happy to spend more if its a better watch B)

It's very much worth the extra, the difference between sapphire and mineral is easy to spot.

blomstergutt

Hey.

This is a great forum, and I relate to the topic very much.

I'd like to get my first replica watch, but I'm a total noob and I have a few questions.

I like watches, but I'll readily admit I don't have a clue. I'm no coniseur (or how you spell it). To what level are the watches you get from either Mary or PTSwiss? I mean, I'll never try to fool an authorised dealer or a clock expert. But to the common man, how good is it? Will I, without any real knowledge be able to tell the difference?

For what its worth I've got my eyes set on a DeVille or a Railmaster. Two reasons:

1. Because I like the clean elegant look.

2. Because everyone will know I don't have 10s of thousands to spend on a watch. Its just not plausible. However, a 4K omega is something I could've gotten (it is at least plausible)

When I look at the watch-international webpage for Omega, there is a lot of nice watches for a reasonable price (around $90) Then there is a really nice DeVille for $308. What does that mean? Is it better than the other ones? Is there a reason? I'd love to spend $300 for a quality replica. But I'd like to know its "worth it" if you know what I mean. The other watches seem to be reasonable and in keeping with everything 've read on the subject matter.

Sorry for the long post.

I'd really appreciate any input on the matter B)

Thanks for a great forum!

Mike

dano
Hey.

This is a great forum, and I relate to the topic very much.

I'd like to get my first replica watch, but I'm a total noob and I have a few questions.

I like watches, but I'll readily admit I don't have a clue. I'm no coniseur (or how you spell it). To what level are the watches you get from either Mary or PTSwiss? I mean, I'll never try to fool an authorised dealer or a clock expert. But to the common man, how good is it? Will I, without any real knowledge be able to tell the difference?

For what its worth I've got my eyes set on a DeVille or a Railmaster. Two reasons:

1. Because I like the clean elegant look.

2. Because everyone will know I don't have 10s of thousands to spend on a watch. Its just not plausible. However, a 4K omega is something I could've gotten (it is at least plausible)

When I look at the watch-international webpage for Omega, there is a lot of nice watches for a reasonable price (around $90) Then there is a really nice DeVille for $308. What does that mean? Is it better than the other ones? Is there a reason? I'd love to spend $300 for a quality replica. But I'd like to know its "worth it" if you know what I mean. The other watches seem to be reasonable and in keeping with everything 've read on the subject matter.

Sorry for the long post.

I'd really appreciate any input on the matter :wub:

Thanks for a great forum!

Mike

haha mike sounds like we are in exactly the same boat!

blomstergutt

And I'm sure there are lots of us :thumbsup2:

I just got a reply from Mary, so I wrote back and hope to get an order going asap B)

I've got my fingers crossed for the see-through DeVille!

pollux1

I dunno anything about the deville but I recall the 40mm Railmaster is supposed to be a damn good rep. Read some reviews and base your choice on that although if your heart is set on the Deville stick with it. I doubt anyone will ever call you out on a non Rolex unless you claim it to be real. :thumbsup2:

blomstergutt

Thanks for the advice Pollux :thumbsup2:

I'm really wondering what to do. I don't want to burn myself on my first watch. And there are just so many nice watches. I've got a few mails from the sellers now. So I hope I've put in an order during the next few days!

blomstergutt

well.. I just ordered my first watch from Mary. I'll let you know how it goes. Should be here within a week. Fingers crossed I guess.

In the end I went for a nice Railmaster with brown leather straps and a Unitas Handwind movement... anyone who knows watches will probably be able to spot it instantly, but I don't care.

If its a good watch worth the $150 I paid, and it looks like a 4K watch, then I'm pleased as punch..

Anyhow. Hope floats :rofl:

dano

well I have been reading reading reading! Robert seems to be the GO!

I want to order these 3:

PANERAI 217 DESTRO 1950

STAINLESS STEEL 47MM

ASIAN HAND WIND 6497 17 JEWEL MOVEMENT

REALLY GOOD LUME TO HANDS AND DIAL

$99

217.jpg

PANERAI 306 GMT

STAINLESS STEEL 44 MM

BRUSH FINISHED CASE AND POLISHED BEZEL

ASIAN 21 JEWEL PREMIUM MOVEMENT WITH GMT COMPLICATION

FULL FUNCTION GMT FEATURE INDEPENDENTLY SET

GREAT CRYSTAL WITH LITTLE NOTICEABLE AR

VERY GOOD LUME ON DIAL AND HANDS

K SERIES CASE WITH QUICK RELEASE LUGS

EXTREMELY GOOD QUALITY LEATHER BAND NOT USUAL REP GRADE WITH BIG PANERAI ENGRAVED TANG CLASP

ALSO AVAILABLE ON NEW STYLE STEEL BAND +$30

THIS IS A GREAT WATCH IN THE FLESH ACCURATE TO GEN OR NOT IT'S STUNNING

$129 ON NEW STYLE STEEL BAND

30645-1.jpg

TAG CARRERA PENDULUM

STAINLESS STEEL 44MM WITH HEAVY PVD/DLC CAOTING

HAND WIND 6497 ASIAN WITH FULL DECORATION

BEAUTIFUL DIAL WITH OPEN BALANCE AT 8 POSITION AND RUNNING SECONDS AT 4.30 DIAL MATT SATIN FINISHED

FULL METAL BAND ALSO PVD COATED

SOME OF THE BEST AR CRYSTALS I HAVE SEEN FROM A FACTORY REP

THE WHOLE WATCH IS SIMPLY STUNNING REGARDLESS IF LIKE ME YOU ARE NOT A TAG FAN YOU WILL FORGET THE LABEL WHEN YOU SEE THIS WATCH IN THE FLESH ITS AMAZING HONESTLY

PRICED VERY NICELY AT $139

TGPVDPEN.jpg

Edited by dano

blomstergutt

Hey :lol:

Good luck with those watches. They look really nice!

Please keep the thread alive and report back when you get the watches. I'll make sure to do so as well.

Like you I've read and read and read. But at the end of the day, you just have to jump in with both feet. Put the money on the line and hope it works out.

But like I said, please report back when the watches arrive. I'd be really interested to see how it goes. And I'm sure there are other beginners like me.

Cheers!

blomstergutt

Hi Guys.

I just wanted to give an update on my watch.

As mentioned I bought an Omega Railmaster XL

I bought it from Mary at Watch-international.

here is my review:

The payment and shipping was very good. When the item arrived after two weeks, it was VERY well packaged. It was wrapped in several layers of bubblewrap. So that part was definitly very good.

The watch itself looks perfect to me. It was exactly what I thought it was.

At first I didn't understand the mechanism for the movement. So I didn't get it to work. I wrote to Mary and she helped me vrey quickly. I have to say that the e-mail support was very very good.

All in all I am very happy with this purchase. I don't know that much about watches, but it looks the part. And Everything seems to be i order. I was a first time buyer and I was very worried about getting fleeced, but this worked out very well.

I will recomend buying from Mary to anyone!!

Here are the pictures :)

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

* I have NO clue why the pictures aren't showing

Edited by blomstergutt