Sign in to follow this  
dcalpha3000

Submariner V5 from ToroBravo - QC Pictures

dcalpha3000

Hello all,

First of all, I am completely new to the forum. So please take it easy on me!

I just ordered a Noob Submariner V5 from ToroBravo, and he sent me QC pictures of two watches (I rejected the first and then he sent a second one that I also rejected). I noticed some glaring issues with both, and I am still waiting for more options tomorrow. The issues with the first were the pearl not being centered in the triangle and cyclops not being straight, and the second had the rehault engraving way off the 12' mark.

According to Toro, no rep is going to be perfect. I do understand that, but I am seeing issues that were supposedly have been resolved by the Noob factory a while ago.

I understand that posting QC pictures is not allowed on the forum. But I do seek your help in ensuring that I am not going to end up with a bad sample.

Please advise.

Thank you.

RichardMiami

You must evaluate the QC pics yourself. Decide whether you like the watch, and tell Toro.

Remember, any perceived flaws may be totally invisible from more than a foot away from the watch.... if you want perfection, there is only one thing to do.. buy the gen.

Hornet

If you're not happy with the watch then you always have the option of rejecting it and asking for another.....

.....but I'd make sure that you have good grounds for doing this, i.e. glaring errors. The next one might be worse!

dcalpha3000

Thank you for the prompt response, Richard. My actual concern is trusting that I will actually be getting what I ordered -a Noob V5- since their selling points claim that such issues are resolved.

Regarding buying a gen... I wish I could agree. I returned a brand new GMT II to the dealer last week for a refund after noticing that it is losing 15-20 second a day on a full wind and the date wheel was being stuck halfway. This is when I decided to go with a rep.

Hornet

Remember, any perceived flaws may be totally invisible from more than a foot away from the watch.... if you want perfection, there is only one thing to do.. buy the gen.

^^^ This.....

Realism

wrong forum for QC pics - that's the repgeek

dcalpha3000

Hornet- I did read that, hence I did not post the QC picture.

I am hoping to get some specific feedback from people who are familiar with Noob Submariners or bought from ToroBravo to better know what to expect, and if it is normal to be sent options with glaring issues. In short, I want to make sure that the options I am getting are not from the reject bin.

Edited by dcalpha3000

Realism

POWERMAX- I did read that, hence I did not post the QC picture.

I am hoping to get some specific feedback from people who are familiar with Noob Submariners or bought from ToroBravo to better know what to expect, and if it is normal to be sent options with glaring issues. In short, I want to make sure that the options I am getting are not from the reject bin.

if you're not happy - feel free to reject it... no one is forcing you to accept it.

it's your money - there's no use crying over here... everyone has a differing perception about what a rep should look like

and yada yada on the gen - i still don't care.. boo hoo

Hornet

Oooooh, I think I like being called powermax! It has a certain ring to it....

To quote the words of our glorious leader:

QC Pics are for:

Making sure that the watch is the same as originally ordered

Making sure that the hands haven’t fallen off

Making sure that the dial is printed correctly and fitted the right way up.

Making sure that the watch hasn’t had a close encounter with a hammer or belt sander (or a bus, for that matter Posted Image ).

QC Pics are NOT for:

Checking whether that rehaut is wokky

Evaluating the shape of the CG

Evaluating the typeface used on the dial.

Working out whether the watch will look ‘gay’ on you.

Deciding whether this is really what you want to buy or whether you should have gone for a different version / a different dealer / something else instead.

RichardMiami

I think there is a basic misunderstanding going on here. You expect that Chinese replica watches are consistent? That once a "factory" says that they corrected a flaw, that is stays corrected forever?

Here is how it works - the Noob factory, and the other factories, are actually assembly points, putting together components of the watches gathered from a variety of sources. There is no consistent QC at that level - they use what is available. Period.

That means that a flaw can be corrected one day, and reappear the next. Not often, but it does happen. Sometimes, when they correct one flaw, they introduce new flaws.. hence we are up to Version 5 on this particular watch. Wait a bit and V6 will be out, V7, etc.

As for returning gens.... why return it? Why not require them to service it? Tell them to reset the datewheel and regulate the watch. Neither is a big deal. Who are you buying your gens from?

Hornet

Have you had a search for the same version of sub on here to see if there are any photos you can compare your QC pictures to? Might help you judge the watch being offered...?

dcalpha3000

I am not sure if my question is coming across, so let me explain what answers I was expecting:

"Yes, this is very normal, keep rejecting 'till you find one you really want." --or-- "It is unusual for Toro or a forum TD to send a watch with glaring issues. Keep us updated!"

I feel that I did heed the warning of your leader, and I take it that if the V5 is advertised as having certain quality features, and such features are not reflected in my QC pictures, then it is not " the same as originally ordered."

RichardMiami

Yes, this is very normal, keep rejecting 'till you find one you really want.

Realism

As for returning gens.... why return it? Why not require them to service it? Tell them to reset the datewheel and regulate the watch. Neither is a big deal. Who are you buying your gens from?

you buy that Rich? :rofl:

RichardMiami

you buy that Rich? :rofl:

actually yes... been there done that myself. At no cost.

Wriggles

Who are you buying your gens from?

Nobody I'd say. Why would anybody who could drop the change for gen Rolex decide when it wasn't perfect that the best alternative option is to buy a rep instead. Not like you're going to get a better quality product :facepalm:

Makes no sense

Realism

Who are you buying your gens from?

Nobody I'd say. Why would anybody who could drop the change for gen Rolex decide when it wasn't perfect that the best alternative option is to buy a rep instead. Not like you're going to get a better quality product :facepalm:

Makes no sense

Rich - ^^^ above was what i was trying to insinuate

RichardMiami

ahhh.. OK.. sorry. I thought you were asking me about after purchase service.

On this point, I absolutely agree with Wriggles and you.

It is why I asked "where" in my original response.

dcalpha3000

I had no good reason to add that bit of information if it was not true. It is called buyers remorse (tends to happen when you drop $13k on a watch), and the bad issues with the movement gave me a reason to convince myself that it was just not worth the $$$

As to where, it is an authorized dealer in Maryland.

Edited by dcalpha3000

RichardMiami

then why mix that into a statement about Rep flaws? If you wanted a reason to bring the watch back, and you dealt with a legit dealer, you don't need a reason

dcalpha3000

That was in your response to "buy genuine." I was saying that even a genuine watch can have its own set of flaws.

I am definitely not expecting perfection from a replica, but I don't want someone in China trying to sell me rejects as I mentioned before.

Edited by dcalpha3000

Realism
:popcorn:

RichardMiami

Good luck

dcalpha3000

Thank you. I will post an update whenever I receive it. Toro seems reasonable enough and we should find a decent piece eventually.