Sign in to follow this  
dcalpha3000

Submariner V5 from ToroBravo - QC Pictures

BC1221

:rofl: you werent happy with the quality of a gen and decided a rep would be better?

thats some serious assbackwards thinking.

if you want a rep with as little flaws as possible, youre gonna have to pay extra and get one from BK or mod them yourself.

you can keep rejecting them but eventually, theyre gonna just decide youre a pain in the ass and not worth it.

youre expecting a bit too much from a rep.

flyr

Rejects a gen to buy a rep due to poor quality of gen?

Toro is in nightmare land.

I hope Toro reads this and takes appropriate action ( send OP's money back,and walk away)

dcalpha3000

...it was less about the quality and more about quality/price. I do not wear a sport watch that often and this will not be for daily use.

How do I go about getting a BK Sub? I see reviews but I cannot locate a seller.

Hornet

I can't believe that you'd buy a gen Rolex, return and then decide that replica would be a good idea.....

......get Toro to give you a refund and go back to the Rolex store. Or go and buy a steinhart and save yourself a fuckin' fortune.

Mr Stubbs

Rejects a gen to buy a rep due to poor quality of gen?

Toro is in nightmare land.

I hope Toro reads this and takes appropriate action ( send OP's money back,and walk away)

^I agree with this 100%.

@dcalpha, sorry if it feels like you're getting a rough ride here. The fact is, you can buy a $500 replica and have it die first time you wear it. It actually makes a little "cack" sound and flips over on it's back. Okay, not really. But reps are weak on quality control. Likely they aren't even properly oiled when assembled. BK makes a quality product and at least you will have some pre-purchase QC.

:popcorn:

Realism

not even a TC will satisfy this guy.

I say he should buy an Invicta

chrish8

I am not sure if my question is coming across, so let me explain what answers I was expecting:

"Yes, this is very normal, keep rejecting 'till you find one you really want." --or-- "It is unusual for Toro or a forum TD to send a watch with glaring issues. Keep us updated!"

I do think you got that answer, everyone said you can reject it until you get what you want. You would also want to make certain that you did not return a gen to get the feel for it and in turn hope to buy a rep that is going to be exactly the same. I think anyone could/would go crazy finding issues with a rep vs. a gen. So I would make sure you are not trying to find that 1 in a million rep that is close to a gen

My only caution in rejecting a watch multiple times would be pissing off the TD i.e burn a bridge from a great TD. Or the TD just posting a QC of a great rep and sending out something else just to get rid of you....

Mr Stubbs

not even a TC will satisfy this guy.

I say he should buy an Invicta

You're kind of my hero. :rofl:

dcalpha3000

Easy... easy... I am not expecting genuine quality or anywhere near that, but I do expect to see an aligned rehault when the V5 is advertised as having a perfectly aligned rehault. Is that really too much to ask?

And if someone wants to volunteer and look at the QC pictures in a PM and tell me that I am being unfair, I will wholeheartedly accept their advice.

Edited by dcalpha3000

Realism

Easy... easy... I am not expecting genuine quality or anywhere near that, but I do expect to see an aligned rehault when the V5 is advertised as having a perfectly aligned rehault. Is that really too much to ask?

okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

invicta's watch show is starting tonight @ 10pm on Shophq... there's more tomorrow

chrish8

to be honest and from what I read here and over on rwi.... YES it is too much to ask. Most of what I read people have sent the watch out for modding to get everything you mentioned fixed. If that is what you are looking for you may want to check out BK's he makes those mods you are looking for before sending, but again almost double the $$$. This is why I avoid Rolex reps too many imperfections

resistor

...it was less about the quality and more about quality/price. I do not wear a sport watch that often and this will not be for daily use.

How do I go about getting a BK Sub? I see reviews but I cannot locate a seller.

I understand exactly what you mean. If I spend $13k on a watch, I expect near perfection. If I spend $300 on a watch, I'd expect it to look reasonably like the genuine article and to not fall apart within a month.

Perhaps you're expecting too much from a watch which costs a mere fraction of the gen. QC or macro pics will always accentuate flaws and make flaws obvious, even if they are undetectable while the watch is on the wrist. If I were you, I'd scan through member pics in the Rolex section and compare your QC pics with what others are receiving from Noob. Keep in mind that you're not going to receive a 100% mirror of a genuine watch...ever. Only you can decide which flaws you can live with.

Mr Stubbs

And if someone wants to volunteer and look at the QC pictures in a PM and tell me that I am being unfair, I will wholeheartedly accept their advice.

In your defense... and you're doing swell on your own... I have a $75 Silix sub with a perfectly aligned rehaut, pearl and crown on the crystal. So "no', that's not too much to ask at any level of replica.

Frazzle

Personally I think you are well within your right to reject the watches on the grounds you have stated. Other members here will agree that they have done the same.

No rep is going to be perfect, but centred pearls and correctly centred rehaut engraving are the bugbears of every buyer, experienced or noob.

Sounds like you've done your research and know what to expect from the noob factory. Let's be fair this is V5 NOT V1!

Robeng

No not to much to ask but this hobby is a bit of a lottery. I have bought 3 watches from Toro. Fantastic Nautilus Marvelous AP

Diver v7...shit sub v4 date wheel misaligned

Stopped working after 2 days winding mechanisme broken .Couldnt be arsed to send it back to China just got it fixed in Holland.the guys on here are a bit touchy if you criticise their TD 's but then again were all addicted!

Left Coast Guy

No, not too much to ask, but do realize that the "flaws" you see on a macro pics may or may not be visible on the wrist.

The reason you get so much pushback here is because not everyone cares that much about those minute details. When you've been around here and gen forums long enough, you see that even the gens have quality issues. There's a whole thread on WUS of a dozen or so Pelagos owners that have indices that appear to be off-center, while my rep has them perfectly centered.

So my point is -- while, yes, you have the right to reject watches at QC until you get one you are satisfied with, you will probably loosen up your standards a little bit.

RUSH2112

Only you can decide to accept qc pics or not but these statements tell me you have not read much on the forum regarding TD claims.

Frazzle

Only you can decide to accept qc pics or not but these statements tell me you have not read much on the forum regarding TD claims.

I disagree,I think this guy has done quite a bit of research, hence his knowledge of how the Noob factory have marketed this watch and the fact that he has picked this watch and this TD (who has recently started a thread selling this very watch). Also the TD, who I personally like and have dealt with on many occasions, has shown this on his website with perfectly centred pearl and correctly aligned rehaut engraving. Is it little wonder then that the OP would want the watch he buys to have the same details as displayed in the photos on the TD's website!

It's always the same when someone else is in the process of buying a watch (especially the poor noobs, in this case I think the OP has actually done a bit of research) 'their expectations are too high and they are being overly picky with the QC pictures' but when the shoes on a different foot and its your watch you're looking to buy, its a whole different ball game!

The guys hardly asking for correct font on the date wheel, or correctly spaced wording on the dial, or the length of the hands versus gen etc etc

I think his reasons for rejection are reasonable and he is looking for some reassurance that he is not being unnecessarily unreasonable, which I do not think he is!!

Realism

I disagree,I think this guy has done quite a bit of research, hence his knowledge of how the Noob factory have marketed this watch and the fact that he has picked this watch and this TD (who has recently started a thread selling this very watch). Also the TD, who I personally like and have dealt with on many occasions, has shown this on his website with perfectly centred pearl and correctly aligned rehaut engraving. Is it little wonder then that the OP would want the watch he buys to have the same details as displayed in the photos on the TD's website!

It's always the same when someone else is in the process of buying a watch (especially the poor noobs, in this case I think the OP has actually done a bit of research) 'their expectations are too high and they are being overly picky with the QC pictures' but when the shoes on a different foot and its your watch you're looking to buy, its a whole different ball game!

The guys hardly asking for correct font on the date wheel, or correctly spaced wording on the dial, or the length of the hands versus gen etc etc

I think his reasons for rejection are reasonable and he is looking for some reassurance that he is not being unnecessarily unreasonable, which I do not think he is!!

nope - QC pics is still only for the OP.

If he wants to post QC pics - do it @ Repgeek.

This isn't about what is reasonable or not... This is about QC pic - plain and simple

dcalpha3000

Glad to see more reasonable voices joining the conversation, and I appreciate all the feedback I have received so far.

I must add that I am surprised how aggressive forum members have been in defending the poor average quality of replicas, even if they came from a TD. These forums can be considered a collective bargaining power, and quality of the product will increase if all members demand higher quality control. Demanding a parachrom hair spring in a replica is plain stupid, but expecting simple alignment before deeming a watch ready for sale is a very fair demand.

A company called Tissot makes automatic watches in Switzerland for under $500. So why wouldn't a $500 Rolex replica be also free of visual defects?

Robeng

Copy that

Realism

Glad to see more reasonable voices joining the conversation, and I appreciate all the feedback I have received so far.

I must add that I am surprised how aggressive forum members have been in defending the poor average quality of replicas, even if they came from a TD. These forums can be considered a collective bargaining power, and quality of the product will increase if all members demand higher quality control. Demanding a parachrom hair spring in a replica is plain stupid, but expecting simple alignment before deeming a watch ready for sale is a very fair demand.

A company called Tissot makes automatic watches in Switzerland for under $500. So why wouldn't a $500 Rolex replica be also free of visual defects?

why don't you just reject the watch already - instead of crying about "aggressive members" wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

NO ONE is FORCING YOU TO ACCEPT THE WATCH - so wipe that snot up your nose

Left Coast Guy

You grossly over-estimate the perceived bargaining power we have. The TDs buy thousands of watches/year and they hardly have bargaining power. We've watched prices increase for no good reason over the last few years, without an increase in quality....without any decrease in consumption, and you think the factories will respond to the type of nits complaints you're making? That is a bit laughable. You're level of detail, and for that matter the level of detail for 85% of forum members is far above the average rep buyer.....we represent such a small portion of the total market that our demands are more nuisance than contructive feedback....

To be clear, I'm not saying you can't ask for it, but just be aware that if a TD finds your requests unreasonable he will stop doing business with you. You just have to play the game with that in mind.

dcalpha3000

why don't you just reject the watch already - instead of crying about "aggressive members" wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

NO ONE is FORCING YOU TO ACCEPT THE WATCH - so wipe that snot up your nose

I am done ignoring your idiocy. If you have anything productive to add, then do so. If you are trying to make up for all the bullying you experienced as a child, then seek therapy. Adults are having a conversation here so be respectful.

Frazzle

nope - QC pics is still only for the OP.

If he wants to post QC pics - do it @ Repgeek.

This isn't about what is reasonable or not... This is about QC pic - plain and simple

The Op actually said:

I understand that posting QC pictures is not allowed on the forum. But I do seek your help in ensuring that I am not going to end up with a bad sample.

Please advise.

Thank you.

That fact he understands posting QC pictures is not allowed would suggest he has read a little and that his post isn't about posting them but seeking help in ensuring that he doesn't end up with a poor quality rep.

I don't think you've read his post correctly and he is not seeking to post the QC pictures that he has already rejected twice.

Ultimately he is looking for advice.

I don't think his expectations are unreasonably high and if they are Toro will soon tell him so and refund his money.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your advice seems to be, if you want to post QC pics, fuck off to Repgeek! Well 'Realism', sounds like you need to get real yourself!