Sign in to follow this  
dcalpha3000

Submariner V5 from ToroBravo - QC Pictures

Frazzle

Correct me if I'm wrong but your advice seems to be, if you want to post QC pics, fuck off to Repgeek! Well 'Realism', sounds like you need to get real yourself!

BOOM

And if someone wants to volunteer and look at the QC pictures in a PM and tell me that I am being unfair, I will wholeheartedly accept their advice.

nothing but an attempt to want someone to look @ his QC Pic.

The only place that has a sub forum to post QC pic is @ Repgeek.

So Frazzle - swallow that snot; and proceed to check Repgeek out for yourself

Your a proper jobs worth aren't you! I don't know how I've missed you all these years.

Like the rest of us this fella is just trying to get into this hobby and he's making his first purchase hesitantly., I think it's safe to say that most of us were the same at the start!

He's looking for some reassurances that's all! I like the banter on this forum and I like the vast majority of its members as most of them look to help one another out. But slating this fella who actually only wants to be reassured that he isn't being overly picky in relation to some QC pics he received is ridiculous!

because I am not Luthier? Like your comparison ever was?

and oh - feel free to play that seniority card- because it's :rofl:

last but not least - do you want me to bring up; your narikaa white 21j AP diver incident? - we can both play that card

Easy... easy... I am not expecting genuine quality or anywhere near that, but I do expect to see an aligned rehault when the V5 is advertised as having a perfectly aligned rehault. Is that really too much to ask?

And if someone wants to volunteer and look at the QC pictures in a PM and tell me that I am being unfair, I will wholeheartedly accept their advice.

Only you can decide to accept qc pics or not but these statements tell me you have not read much on the forum regarding TD claims.

I disagree,I think this guy has done quite a bit of research, hence his knowledge of how the Noob factory have marketed this watch and the fact that he has picked this watch and this TD (who has recently started a thread selling this very watch). Also the TD, who I personally like and have dealt with on many occasions, has shown this on his website with perfectly centred pearl and correctly aligned rehaut engraving. Is it little wonder then that the OP would want the watch he buys to have the same details as displayed in the photos on the TD's website!

It's always the same when someone else is in the process of buying a watch (especially the poor noobs, in this case I think the OP has actually done a bit of research) 'their expectations are too high and they are being overly picky with the QC pictures' but when the shoes on a different foot and its your watch you're looking to buy, its a whole different ball game!

The guys hardly asking for correct font on the date wheel, or correctly spaced wording on the dial, or the length of the hands versus gen etc etc

I think his reasons for rejection are reasonable and he is looking for some reassurance that he is not being unnecessarily unreasonable, which I do not think he is!!

Not sure you read my post carefully. Two points: only OP (not me or you) can decide to accept QC pics or not. TDs are known to make exaggerated claims about features and quality in their descriptions. Expecting all these features (swiss movement, perfectly lined up rehaut, etc) is not realistic especially since the TD has absolutely NO control over any of these things since they do not control manufacturing or assembly. All they can hope for is the "maker" to give them a watch that can pass qc.

some people Rush; some people - you no agree - you must be a douchebag; like Luthier

Seniority! This is exactly what I mean! I presume you're referring to the fact that I joined the forum a whole 4 months before you! Does that mean I'm more senior? Is that how you grade the members here, on their service!

I'm comparing you to Luthier for the very fact that he seemed to like picking out the noobs and slagging them off for asking questions! Telling them to piss off to other forums if they wanted to ask questions like that!

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to show a new member a little support rather than telling him to go elsewhere. If you look at the recent thread from Joran he talks of friendship and members helping one another out here. I'm all up for a bit of banter here over this on that, and for the last 3 years or so have never looked to pick a fight but your ignorance and belligerent, hostile comments towards a new member here I feel were unwarranted.

Cyril_Clunge

Just post the fucking pics and have done with it.

:thumbsup:

+$1M

48fbd71d26081f0839a56621019406e4_zps32d69474.jpg

Realism

Correct me if I'm wrong but your advice seems to be, if you want to post QC pics, fuck off to Repgeek! Well 'Realism', sounds like you need to get real yourself!

BOOM

nothing but an attempt to want someone to look @ his QC Pic.

The only place that has a sub forum to post QC pic is @ Repgeek.

So Frazzle - swallow that snot; and proceed to check Repgeek out for yourself

Your a proper jobs worth aren't you! I don't know how I've missed you all these years.

Like the rest of us this fella is just trying to get into this hobby and he's making his first purchase hesitantly., I think it's safe to say that most of us were the same at the start!

He's looking for some reassurances that's all! I like the banter on this forum and I like the vast majority of its members as most of them look to help one another out. But slating this fella who actually only wants to be reassured that he isn't being overly picky in relation to some QC pics he received is ridiculous!

because I am not Luthier? Like your comparison ever was?

and oh - feel free to play that seniority card- because it's :rofl:

last but not least - do you want me to bring up; your narikaa white 21j AP diver incident? - we can both play that card

Easy... easy... I am not expecting genuine quality or anywhere near that, but I do expect to see an aligned rehault when the V5 is advertised as having a perfectly aligned rehault. Is that really too much to ask?

Only you can decide to accept qc pics or not but these statements tell me you have not read much on the forum regarding TD claims.

I disagree,I think this guy has done quite a bit of research, hence his knowledge of how the Noob factory have marketed this watch and the fact that he has picked this watch and this TD (who has recently started a thread selling this very watch). Also the TD, who I personally like and have dealt with on many occasions, has shown this on his website with perfectly centred pearl and correctly aligned rehaut engraving. Is it little wonder then that the OP would want the watch he buys to have the same details as displayed in the photos on the TD's website!

It's always the same when someone else is in the process of buying a watch (especially the poor noobs, in this case I think the OP has actually done a bit of research) 'their expectations are too high and they are being overly picky with the QC pictures' but when the shoes on a different foot and its your watch you're looking to buy, its a whole different ball game!

The guys hardly asking for correct font on the date wheel, or correctly spaced wording on the dial, or the length of the hands versus gen etc etc

I think his reasons for rejection are reasonable and he is looking for some reassurance that he is not being unnecessarily unreasonable, which I do not think he is!!

Not sure you read my post carefully. Two points: only OP (not me or you) can decide to accept QC pics or not. TDs are known to make exaggerated claims about features and quality in their descriptions. Expecting all these features (swiss movement, perfectly lined up rehaut, etc) is not realistic especially since the TD has absolutely NO control over any of these things since they do not control manufacturing or assembly. All they can hope for is the "maker" to give them a watch that can pass qc.

some people Rush; some people - you no agree - you must be a douchebag; like Luthier

Seniority! This is exactly what I mean! I presume you're referring to the fact that I joined the forum a whole 4 months before you! Does that mean I'm more senior? Is that how you grade the members here, on their service!

I'm comparing you to Luthier for the very fact that he seemed to like picking out the noobs and slagging them off for asking questions! Telling them to piss off to other forums if they wanted to ask questions like that!

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to show a new member a little support rather than telling him to go elsewhere. If you look at the recent thread from Joran he talks of friendship and members helping one another out here. I'm all up for a bit of banter here over this on that, and for the last 3 years or so have never looked to pick a fight but your ignorance and belligerent, hostile comments towards a new member here I feel were unwarranted.

your feelings doesn't matter to me - if it does in the future; I will let you know.

Frazzle

Glad to see more reasonable voices joining the conversation, and I appreciate all the feedback I have received so far.

I must add that I am surprised how aggressive forum members have been in defending the poor average quality of replicas, even if they came from a TD. These forums can be considered a collective bargaining power, and quality of the product will increase if all members demand higher quality control. Demanding a parachrom hair spring in a replica is plain stupid, but expecting simple alignment before deeming a watch ready for sale is a very fair demand.

A company called Tissot makes automatic watches in Switzerland for under $500. So why wouldn't a $500 Rolex replica be also free of visual defects?

why don't you just reject the watch already - instead of crying about "aggressive members" wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

NO ONE is FORCING YOU TO ACCEPT THE WATCH - so wipe that snot up your nose

I am done ignoring your idiocy. If you have anything productive to add, then do so. If you are trying to make up for all the bullying you experienced as a child, then seek therapy. Adults are having a conversation here so be respectful.

I think you've actually got a point! Realism seems to think he's the new 'Luthier' and that it's fair game to pick on the first new fella here to look at buying a Sub! Im not normally one to speak up but sometimes get fed up of all the unnecessary noob bashing!

Frazzle - I never claimed to be the new Luthier - never tried to be him.- so shove your comparison up your butt hole

You neither need to claim to be or try to be! It seems to have come naturally for you mate, good luck with that!

i don't need your "luck" - you can keep it and shove it back up your butthole :rofl:

How about if I wish you luck - in deciding to sell your "collection" - since the last White AP Diver confused the shit out of your brains?

Your special aren't you fella?! You might want to pick yourself up off the floor and stop laughing so hard, it's messing with that head of yours ;)

Cyril_Clunge
eeafe54eb3899ab412a44ebf16557d70.jpg

Realism

Glad to see more reasonable voices joining the conversation, and I appreciate all the feedback I have received so far.

I must add that I am surprised how aggressive forum members have been in defending the poor average quality of replicas, even if they came from a TD. These forums can be considered a collective bargaining power, and quality of the product will increase if all members demand higher quality control. Demanding a parachrom hair spring in a replica is plain stupid, but expecting simple alignment before deeming a watch ready for sale is a very fair demand.

A company called Tissot makes automatic watches in Switzerland for under $500. So why wouldn't a $500 Rolex replica be also free of visual defects?

why don't you just reject the watch already - instead of crying about "aggressive members" wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

NO ONE is FORCING YOU TO ACCEPT THE WATCH - so wipe that snot up your nose

I am done ignoring your idiocy. If you have anything productive to add, then do so. If you are trying to make up for all the bullying you experienced as a child, then seek therapy. Adults are having a conversation here so be respectful.

I think you've actually got a point! Realism seems to think he's the new 'Luthier' and that it's fair game to pick on the first new fella here to look at buying a Sub! Im not normally one to speak up but sometimes get fed up of all the unnecessary noob bashing!

Frazzle - I never claimed to be the new Luthier - never tried to be him.- so shove your comparison up your butt hole

You neither need to claim to be or try to be! It seems to have come naturally for you mate, good luck with that!

i don't need your "luck" - you can keep it and shove it back up your butthole :rofl:

How about if I wish you luck - in deciding to sell your "collection" - since the last White AP Diver confused the shit out of your brains?

Your special aren't you fella?! You might want to pick yourself up off the floor and stop laughing so hard, it's messing with that head of yours ;)

I'm the one that is mentally special....

fancy that coming from a guy who couldn't even decide for himself which watch to sell??? making decisions must be very hard for you....

:rofl:

steve123

OP.. i hope you stick around and this thread doesnt turn you off. You seem like an educated, fair and well-adjusted person.. there seems to be some skimming of posts and haste to provide opinions, this thread could have been over on the first page and all your questions answered, but no.

Good luck with it and if you cant find that *TC info drop me a pm and I'll try and toss you a link.

dalboy

I'm off to get an Ice cream ...

Keep my seat warm . :P

dcalpha3000

Frazzle- I really would't worry about him if I were you. His aggressive demeanor, combined with his avatar showcasing the phallic shape of a cat's tail, are textbook tell-tale signs of sexual repression. He is a sad person as you can see, and this forum provide him with a window to how normal persons conduct themselves. Do not fault him... he really wants to be like us... he just can't manage to do so.

:(

Hornet

An ice cream in this weather, must be warm down south......

Realism

Frazzle- I really would't worry about him if I were you. His aggressive demeanor, combined with his avatar showcasing the phallic shape of a cat's tail, are textbook tell-tale signs of sexual repression. He is a sad person as you can see, and this forum provide him with a window to how normal persons conduct themselves. Do not fault him... he really wants to be like us... he just can't manage to do so.

:(

oh right - you forget 1 detail:

A mod/admin is the one that changed my display pic

:rofl:

you need to do more searching..........try a little harder

and sorry - i don't want to be you... what a joke :rofl:

last but not least - on "helping" - I've helped more people on this forum; more than you think i did

Frazzle

I'm the one that is mentally special

Yep

dalboy

Northern Pussy !! i have 6" nails in mine instead of Flakes :giggle:

And .........................................I'm fine thanks

dcalpha3000

In my experience Toro has been very good generally, and also exceptionally good to me at rectifying any issues at QC stage and thereafter. Other members have suggested some of the newer TD's have even excelled this! From memory FatPanda seems to be a good one at QCing factory pick ups. Moreover I think the OP just needs to know that it's okay to reject a watch based on flaws such as those he's highlighted, which in my opinion I think he is.

I think the advise you have given is good advice to bear in mind in relation to reps as a whole and sometimes how we as a collective can expect a higher quality of watch than is actually proportionate to the true value being asked.

Like I said I'm not one to normally speak out so earnestly but I sometimes think the noobs can be wrongly misguided.

This is EXACTLY my thinking. If I -a lowly newb- can detect glaring issues with a watch from a low resolution photo, then an experienced TD should never even offer such bad samples for sale - especially when such TD makes explicit claims that such issues are resolved in the version they are selling.

Realism

Yep

Welcome to the club Frazzle - you seem to have a hard time w/ decision making...

your camp is just right ahead; to the right of the "agressive-Luthier wannabe" camp

Realism

In my experience Toro has been very good generally, and also exceptionally good to me at rectifying any issues at QC stage and thereafter. Other members have suggested some of the newer TD's have even excelled this! From memory FatPanda seems to be a good one at QCing factory pick ups. Moreover I think the OP just needs to know that it's okay to reject a watch based on flaws such as those he's highlighted, which in my opinion I think he is.

I think the advise you have given is good advice to bear in mind in relation to reps as a whole and sometimes how we as a collective can expect a higher quality of watch than is actually proportionate to the true value being asked.

Like I said I'm not one to normally speak out so earnestly but I sometimes think the noobs can be wrongly misguided.

This is EXACTLY my thinking. If I -a lowly newb- can detect glaring issues with a watch from a low resolution photo, then an experienced TD should never even offer such bad samples for sale - especially when such TD makes explicit claims that such issues are resolved in the version they are selling.

now - moving onto the blaming game of the TD :popcorn:

he thinks he's the only customer that the TD has - and that people don't make mistakes/ miss details

Hornet

I have 6" nails...........................

36972d1372417526-taboo-against-men-having-long-polished-nails-peet041_2.jpg

Corrected that for you southern woofter.....

dalboy

Lovin the colour

Hornet

Lovin the colour

It goes beautifully with your eyes fella.....

Frazzle

Yep

Welcome to the club Frazzle - you seem to have a hard time w/ decision making...

your camp is just right ahead; to the right of the "agressive-Luthier wannabe" camp

I've noticed the OP isn't the first member today you've bashed about QC pics, poor Herbva has felt the wrath of your drivel already today. You've clearly got a bee in your bonnet about QC pics. Today is clearly yours OCD day in relation to QC pics and that OCD results in your continued rolling all over the floor in fits of laughter....mmmmm

I'm glad you've taken the time to read the rules of the forum, gold star for you, class swot! It's even more warming that you feel the need and are comfortable in ramming these well learned rules down the throats of every poor noob that breaths.

Oh and please stop asking me to shove any more up my arse, it's positively full.

I thank you :)

Realism

Yep

I've noticed the OP isn't the first member today you've bashed about QC pics, poor Herbva has felt the wrath of your drivel already today. You've clearly got a bee in your bonnet about QC pics. Today is clearly yours OCD day in relation to QC pics and that OCD results in your continued rolling all over the floor in fits of laughter....mmmmm

I'm glad you've taken the time to read the rules of the forum, gold star for you, class swot! It's even more warming that you feel the need and are comfortable in ramming these well learned rules down the throats of every poor noob that breaths.

Oh and please stop asking me to shove any more up my arse, it's positively full.

I thank you :)

I hope those are not QC pics...

and also... why would you bug Josh for your Postal service's delivery speed???

sorry but ^ wasn't even close to a drivel

noun

noun: drivel

silly nonsense.

please point out to why the TD should be responsible for the Postal Service's incompetence?

you're just making up words to suit your needs - i suggest to google a specific vocab prior to using it - might help you to use it under the correct setting

and to add to Frazzle - if you find a direct question hurtful;

might i suggest wiping off that drivel from your nose

dalboy

I would love to leave a constructive comment ....

But . To be honest .... I cant be Arsed to wade through all this Drivel !!

Beets the hell out the crap on the telly though ..

Carry on .

Realism

Carry on .

that's the correct connotation of a drivel

Hornet

+1

Frazzle

Carry on .

I fucking love you Dal! ;)