Sign in to follow this  
CaptainFantastic

New Gen Bracelet for my SO42 - Pics

CaptainFantastic

So I've had my SO42 on the genuine leather strap for well over a year, and I felt it needed an update because it's a great watch. I managed to bag one through my local jewellers for (what I thought was reasonable) $500.00. They're 595 on eBay and with questionable feedback at best.

One thing I will say, The guy I dealt with had a nightmare getting the right one with the 131A end links, so if you're wanting one, now is the time to snap one up because Breitling were adamant for ages they wouldn't supply one for me. Having a jeweller as a good friend is obviously why I managed to get the thing in the end. A lot of hard work pays off. Here's some pics.

How it looked before:

image_zpsea604848.jpg

And now:

image_zps9grpdoij.jpg

image_zpsvjuwrw0j.jpg

Realism

did you go to Reis Nichols? or the other one in Carmel?

Daywatch

These are an expensive option - even when buying the gen as it costs extra. Still You´ve got a good deal on it. And it´s a fantastic watch, love my SO as well.

CaptainFantastic
did you go to Reis Nichols? or the other one in Carmel?

I tried Reis Nichols, who are very helpful but they couldn't seal the deal with Breitling. They're a great organisation though, really friendly people.

I vented my frustration to a friend who knew someone who worked in import/export of diamonds and other exotically expensive things, we met and had a beer in Nashville, that's local ish I guess, he pulled some strings and after some persuasive emails got me the bracelet. I owe him one to say the least, Breitling were adamant that they couldn't supply it, I guess it's not what you know right.

It's an expensive but perfect icing to the cake.

rusky27

Looks like you've got the full Monty with the gen strap and now the gen bracelet -nice one. The bracelet ads that extra weight to it and adds that touch of quality to the feel on the wrist. Enjoy it mate!! It sounds like a well earned end result!!

E4F1F9EC-03ED-4CFE-8525-1FFC62E874AD.jpg

C9DD3C71-FD37-469D-AD31-328584227CB0.jpg

hnic

congrats

looks great

El_Cabong56

Nice! I've been eyeing one of these for my 42mm SOSF.

Pharmo

Well done mate. I have owned a SO 42mm on a gen bracelet and it takes the watch to another level.

Wear in good health mate :)

resistor

Nice combo.

It's time consuming, but I always buy my gen bracelets through WUS. Picked up a 20mm gen Pro II for around $250 and a titanium Oris TT1 bracelet for $150 ($500+ on ebay). Takes time to scour the sales forum and starting WTB threads though. It'd be nice if new gen bracelet prices weren't so retarded.

Gazzla

It looks better on the leather . . .

:boxedin: